A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
EatABaby

Postby EatABaby » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Last edited by EatABaby on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

christmas mouse

Re: Outline help, please...

Postby christmas mouse » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:52 pm

I wish I could help, but I used all different casebooks. If possible the best thing to do would be to get outlines from 2Ls at your school who had your prof. last year. If not then all your casebooks authors have written well known supplements/ hornbooks that many students go to even when using casebooks from different authors. Friedenthals civ pro hornbook and dressers understanding will give u insights into what the authors were thinking and chemerisnky's con law supplement/ mini treatise is amazing. I can't speak for the quality of stuff on outline depot though.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:34 pm

I actually have same classes with same casebooks.

Here are some Lexis outlines, if you haven't seen them.

--LinkRemoved--

These outlines were helpful for me last semester when I was creating my outline, but I'm not sure how they would be if you just relied on them. Sorry I don't have anything more useful for you, good luck.

uzpakalis

Postby uzpakalis » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:18 pm

I would be less concerned with getting an outline from someone that used the same casebook, and more concerned about getting an outline from a 2L/3L that had your professor.

EatABaby

Postby EatABaby » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:46 pm

uzpakalis wrote:I would be less concerned with getting an outline from someone that used the same casebook, and more concerned about getting an outline from a 2L/3L that had your professor.

Unfortunately, they are new professors. And by new, I mean old, in that they haven't taught in 30 years. I'm on my own.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:48 pm

EatABaby wrote:
uzpakalis wrote:I would be less concerned with getting an outline from someone that used the same casebook, and more concerned about getting an outline from a 2L/3L that had your professor.

Unfortunately, they are new professors. And by new, I mean old, in that they haven't taught in 30 years. I'm on my own.

every single one? what school?

uzpakalis

Postby uzpakalis » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:13 pm

EatABaby wrote:

That's crazy! Sorry....

savagecheater

Postby savagecheater » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:11 pm

You have two casebooks written by authors whose supplements are outstanding for their respective courses.

I understand that you have time pressures, but because you have new teachers those supplements will have to be your guide.

Return to “Transfers”