Transfer Advice Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
celtics1985

New

Transfer Advice

Post by celtics1985 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:11 am

I just got my grades back from a T20s law school and got a disappointing 3.50. We don't have class rankings yet but I think that puts me in top 30%. Do I have any chance of transferring to T14? Graduated from very highly ranked undergrad with 3.8 (thus, my ego is smarting).

Thanks in advance for your help!

dakatz

Gold

Re: Transfer Advice

Post by dakatz » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:26 am

Sounds like you may go to the same school I do, though the fact that you just got your grades back may suggest otherwise. But either way, a T25 or T30 student would probably need to be top 10%-15% to be competitive for a transfer to MVP. I'd imagine you would need to be top 10% or better to get CCN. You did better than you think. The first semester is the hardest in my opinion since you have no basis for comparison and everyone is just running blindly. Yet you came out of it with grades better than over two third of your competition. You have put yourself in a great position. Just find out what you can improve this semester, go kill those spring exams, and you could certainly find yourself in that top 10-15% range.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”