Fordham to CLS/NYU

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rocon7383

Re: Fordham to CLS/NYU

Postby rocon7383 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:02 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:I apologize in advance for deviating from the topic slightly but I have to ask. If this were the same situation, except the student was at Brooklyn or St. John's, would attempting to transfer to a Columbia/NYU be a no brainer?

Yes, I think so. The gap between CLS/NYU and Brooklyn/St. John's is far more substantial. You're likely competitive enough to get into at least one if you have the same caliber grades (top 1-2%).

Thanks for the response. I'm in at both these schools and waitlisted at Fordham so we'll see. I'm curious about this type of scenario, as I just do not have the GPA for the top tier.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 pm

rocon7383 wrote:Thanks for the response. I'm in at both these schools and waitlisted at Fordham so we'll see. I'm curious about this type of scenario, as I just do not have the GPA for the top tier.

You're a 0L?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=124519

You should be especially aware that for a jump like St. John's->CLS your odds of failure are something like 98%.

rocon7383

Postby rocon7383 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:24 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:Thanks for the response. I'm in at both these schools and waitlisted at Fordham so we'll see. I'm curious about this type of scenario, as I just do not have the GPA for the top tier.

You're a 0L?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=124519

You should be especially aware that for a jump like St. John's->CLS your odds of failure are something like 98%.

I understand that. I don't even know if i were to excel at one of these schools, and then if I'd even transfer. Just asking a question

concurrent fork

Postby concurrent fork » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:34 pm

All V5 take transfers, but for WLRK it is very rare (screener told me they look for LR write-on at the new school or i-banking background).

Anyway, as mentioned above you don't need to transfer just to get V5 on your resume. Top 1% at Fordham will probably get you one of CSM/DPW/SASMF, and you get to keep your scholarship for the next 2 years.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:38 pm

concurrent fork wrote:Why not apply to HY?

+1, and congrats on doing so well!

Return to “Transfers”