Transfer from Cooley to somewhere in NY/NJ

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
crockwell

Transfer from Cooley to somewhere in NY/NJ

Postby crockwell » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:37 pm

I've read all the posts on this site regarding Cooley, as well as the yahoo transfer database, and I have a good idea of my prospects. I just finished my first semester at Cooley with a 3.5 gpa, which should be a little less than top 10%. I took 5 classes, which is normal for everywhere but Cooley where we are encouraged to take 4 or less classes. My question is out of the following schools which should I seriously be looking at: Cardozo, Brooklyn, Rutgers-Newark, Seton Hall, New York Law School, Fordham (if I end up with a 3.75 after next term)? Also my wife is from Kentucky and I was considering UK and Louisville. Does anyone have any insight on my chances?

stintez

Re: Transfer from Cooley to somewhere in NY/NJ

Postby stintez » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:50 pm

your good to go at UK and Louisville. :o

crockwell

Postby crockwell » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks, stintez. What are you basing that on, if you don't mind me asking. The data on the yahoo database I looked at had only 1 person applying to those schools (he didn't get in), so it made me nervous.

stintez

Postby stintez » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:57 pm

It is my opinon and I would say your a shoe in for Louisville. My opinon is based on your high class rank. If I were you I would call both and see what they say for transfer students.

crockwell

Postby crockwell » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Thank you, I will be giving them a call.

crockwell

Postby crockwell » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Anyone's insight on the NY schools in the original post would be appreciated.

Return to “Transfers”