letter of good standing?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
uzpakalis

letter of good standing?

Postby uzpakalis » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Can these be sent to LSAC and then submitted to schools like a transcript? Or, do they need to be mailed to schools individually? I can't seem to find any info on the LSAC website about this.

sethc

Re: letter of good standing?

Postby sethc » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:16 pm

uzpakalis wrote:Can these be sent to LSAC and then submitted to schools like a transcript? Or, do they need to be mailed to schools individually? I can't seem to find any info on the LSAC website about this.

I think, generally, they are mailed by Law School-X to Law School-Y. If in doubt, contact the school(s) you're trying to transfer to and ask them directly.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 pm

sethc wrote:I think, generally, they are mailed by Law School-X to Law School-Y.

This is correct in my experience. The registrar's office of your current law school should be willing to send one of these directly to the schools you're applying to.

uzpakalis

Postby uzpakalis » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:06 pm

That is what I thought the procedure would be, but WUSTL does everything paperless. Thank you for the feedback though, I will call them to see what they say.

sethc

Postby sethc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Also one caveat which you probably already know is that when a student is transferring OUT of a school, there's an obvious conflict of interest.. and I've heard many horror stories about some schools (even a couple of T14s) delaying or outright obstructing a student's transfers. Of course I think this is FAR more common in the low-tier schools (sigh, like mine) & and I'm sure many of those stories are exaggerated or overblown, at any rate -- just be cognizant of that and make SURE that everything is sent/received within the time frame it should be.

Return to “Transfers”