are there schools that only look at your first semester?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
timertimer61

are there schools that only look at your first semester?

Postby timertimer61 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:59 pm

i am in part time program, but i was wondering if there were any schools that only look at first semester grades for considering transfer.
part time may be a problem though since i only have 9 units of grade.

vanwinkle

Re: are there schools that only look at your first semester?

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:07 pm

There are a few Early Decision/Early Action programs that look at only fall grades before deciding, but still require you to not do significantly worse in the spring. Either way, you may not have enough credits to qualify.

timertimer61

Postby timertimer61 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:20 pm

then would i have to transfer after i get my second semester grades? or after i get my summer school grades? i will be taking 2 classes during the summer to transfer to full-time.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:40 pm

timertimer61 wrote:then would i have to transfer after i get my second semester grades? or after i get my summer school grades? i will be taking 2 classes during the summer to transfer to full-time.

Whether you applied EA/ED or normally, you would still be attending starting 2L fall. The only difference is that the EA/ED apps only consider your 1L fall grades and don't wait for spring grades to make a decision. However, the app deadlines for those are much earlier as a result, also (they should becoming up soon; look up ED Chicago and EA GULC for examples).

You'll definitely need those credits during the summer to be able to transfer. Some schools require you have all eligibility requirements met by the time you submit your app, or some other date, that falls before the summer semester is over. This has the ultimate effect of disqualifying PT students from applying to transfer there. You'll need to find out what each school requires and when they require it (in terms of # of credits and by when they must be obtained).

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:55 pm

You might want to see this thread also: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=145183

Return to “Transfers”