Top 5% at T14--worth it to transfer to HYS? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
drylo

Bronze

Re: Top 5% at T14--worth it to transfer to HYS?

Post by drylo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:50 am

vanwinkle wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:The same student is statistically expected to do better at GULC than HLS.
You're talking about a very small difference in student body numbers (as pointed out, the differences in GPA/LSAT of the students at each school are not that extreme) and a rather low real correlation between combined GPA/LSAT and law school success (around .4, I think it was mentioned). Yes, the same student is statistically expected to do better, but not by an amount anyone would consider significant. It would be likely you'd end up with a class rank only a couple percentage points higher, and that's it. It's nowhere near the kind of significant difference that warrants serious consideration.
Basically, TITCR. I guess nobody will probably dispute that "the same student is statistically expected to do better at GULC than HLS." But if you want to be faithful to the statistical analysis (which I don't care about--the specific numbers, at least), you are basically going to get down to a point where a median HLS student might statistically be expected to be top 45% at GULC or something... The point is that somebody who is median at HLS is not going to be top 10% at GULC just because GULC students are dummur.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”