A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.
Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
- Posts: 2170
- Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm
Can I ask where you transferred to and what your GPA was when you tried to transfer?
That PS seems overly...blunt. I would be surprised if they allowed a transfer just because the person "wants a better name on their resume."
I transferred to Loyola Law School Los Angeles. My GPA at Southwestern was 3.43 (top 20%).
My GPA at Loyola is 3.42, so I've performed rather consistently.
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:53 pm
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:38 pm
would anybody be interested in exchanging transfer PS's via PM?
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 pm
I've been working with a professor on my personal statement, as well as someone on the admissions committee at my current school, I started off at 3 pages and am down to just over one. I presume that by the time it's over it will be around 2. We've been focusing on trying to tell 3 stories:
1. Growing up in a broken home relying on government help to survive (please no sympathy).
2. Working my way through undergrad at Michigan.
3. How I've succeeded at Law School and why I need to transfer (I go to a LS in Ohio but my fiance just got a nursing job at duke, I'm hoping this carries weight at duke, UNC, and wake forest).
Oh, and we've been revising since December. It takes along time to get these things correct.
Return to â€śTransfersâ€?
Who is online
The online users are hidden on this forum.