Assistance with possible transfer

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gonezo77
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Assistance with possible transfer

Postby gonezo77 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:06 pm

Currently attending a T3 in the midwest. Received grades this week, and I should be in the top 2-3% with a 3.8 cumulative GPA. My school uses a C+ curve. I CALI'd two of my courses (school does not give A+'s). Does anybody have any guidance on how far up the rankings I should "shoot for" in terms of transfer schools? I have a number of years prior work experience in a public interest sector position. Thanks for the help...

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Assistance with possible transfer

Postby megaTTTron » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:12 pm

See generally, Arrow, Advice for Transferring to Another Law School, Top-Law-Schools.com (Aug 17, 2009), online at viewtopic.php?f=22&t=82937&hilit=transfer (visited Jan 13, 2011).

User avatar
patrickd139
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Assistance with possible transfer

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:23 pm

See also, Arrow, Advice for Transferring to Another Law School, 2d ed., Top-Law-Schools.com (Aug 17, 2009), online at http://www.top-law-schools.com/advice-f ... rring.html (visited Jan 13, 2011).

It has an updated FAQ, as well as links to supplemental reading. Read. Learn. ???? Profit.

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Assistance with possible transfer

Postby Lawl Shcool » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:11 pm

Bust ass, repeat grades, apply to all of the t14, profit. I was top 3% at a ttt and made it into a t10. Fwiw I also had 2 book awards.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Assistance with possible transfer

Postby megaTTTron » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:34 pm

patrickd139 wrote:See also, Arrow, Advice for Transferring to Another Law School, 2d ed., Top-Law-Schools.com (Aug 17, 2009), online at http://www.top-law-schools.com/advice-f ... rring.html (visited Jan 13, 2011).

It has an updated FAQ, as well as links to supplemental reading. Read. Learn. ???? Profit.


owned. but there's no period after "ed" in proper Maroonbooking format.

User avatar
Arrow
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Re: Assistance with possible transfer

Postby Arrow » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:Bust ass, repeat grades, apply to all of the t14, profit. I was top 3% at a ttt and made it into a t10. Fwiw I also had 2 book awards.
Lawl Shcool wrote:Bust ass, repeat grades, apply to all of the t14, profit. I was top 3% at a ttt and made it into a t10. Fwiw I also had 2 book awards.


+1

gonezo77 wrote:Currently attending a T3 in the midwest. Received grades this week, and I should be in the top 2-3% with a 3.8 cumulative GPA. My school uses a C+ curve. I CALI'd two of my courses (school does not give A+'s). Does anybody have any guidance on how far up the rankings I should "shoot for" in terms of transfer schools? I have a number of years prior work experience in a public interest sector position. Thanks for the help...


I would apply to all of the T14 and only apply to HYS if you are #1 in the end, but you can always try. I would also apply to T1 schools you're interested in (geographically or otherwise). You have a great shot at transferring, so keep up the good grades. Also consider an early action at GULC, where you have a good shot at (also UChicago if you want to try).

megaTTTron wrote:See generally, Arrow, Advice for Transferring to Another Law School, Top-Law-Schools.com (Aug 17, 2009), online at viewtopic.php?f=22&t=82937&hilit=transfer (visited Jan 13, 2011).


I can tell you are ridiculously good at bluebooking by now. =P
Last edited by Arrow on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Assistance with possible transfer

Postby megaTTTron » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Arrow wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:See generally, Arrow, Advice for Transferring to Another Law School, Top-Law-Schools.com (Aug 17, 2009), online at viewtopic.php?f=22&t=82937&hilit=transfer (visited Jan 13, 2011).


I can tell you are ridiculously good at bluebooking by now. =P


Bro, I think you mean Maroonbooking. :mrgreen:

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Assistance with possible transfer

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Arrow lives!

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Assistance with possible transfer

Postby megaTTTron » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:40 pm

vanwinkle wrote:Arrow lives!


I know I got chills when I saw his avatar. hahahaha

User avatar
patrickd139
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Assistance with possible transfer

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:52 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:See also, Arrow, Advice for Transferring to Another Law School, 2d ed., Top-Law-Schools.com (Aug 17, 2009), online at http://www.top-law-schools.com/advice-f ... rring.html (visited Jan 13, 2011).

It has an updated FAQ, as well as links to supplemental reading. Read. Learn. ???? Profit.


owned. but there's no period after "ed" in proper Maroonbooking format.

equally owned. Didn't even look it up to check. Please excuse my TT showing. ;)




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.