Transfer INTO Wisconsin

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
OnWisconsin

Transfer INTO Wisconsin

Postby OnWisconsin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:46 am

Anyone have any ideas what it might take to transfer into Wisconsin?

As for my background.

UW undergrad-3.4

Current 1L @ lower Midwest T2- 13% of class.

I want to transfer to Wisconsin because all of my legal contacts are in state (ie I don't really care about rankings difference).

Also, does anyone know if diploma privilege applies for transfer students?

transplantedbuckeye

Re: Transfer INTO Wisconsin

Postby transplantedbuckeye » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:17 pm

I was in the top 5-7% at a western t2/3 and was accepted. I was told most of their transfer students are UW graduates. So, I am guessing you would get in if that is where you want to go. And yes, diploma privilege applies to transfers as long as you meet all the course requirements (like any other law student in Wisconsin)

OnWisconsin

Postby OnWisconsin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks for the reply Buckeye!

Looks like I'll need to crack that 10% margin to have a better shot.

OnWisconsin

Postby OnWisconsin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:47 am

Bit of a shameless bump here, but I do have new info to add.

Second semester grades have come out and my GPA his gone up. I'm now essentially a dingleberry on the top 10% at my school (ie around .01 to .02 below 10%)

Don't know if this new position in the roughly 11% of my class would make any difference what so ever.

Additionally, received two strong LOR's from Profs, personal statement for the most part focused on my singular desire to practice law in Wisconsin, and I'm working back in Wisconsin this summer.

Again, any information is appreciated.

Return to “Transfers”