Transfer students where did you work for your 1L summer?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Transfer students where did you work for your 1L summer?

Postby lovelaw27 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:08 pm

I am curious where people were able to get jobs from lower ranked schools who had good grades, top 10% or better. Basically I am wondering where I have a chance of landing a job for my 1L summer. My class rank puts me in the top 10% of my class.

Re: Transfer students where did you work for your 1L summer?

Postby patrickd139 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Your question has nothing to do with transferring. Your job prospects are the same as those who, at your school, are in the top 10% of their class. Without knowing which school you're at, there is no possible way this forum can do anything more than blindly guess.

But just in case that's what you want, I'll start: you could work at a firm, you could intern at a DA's office or public defender's office, you could extern for a judge, you could be an RA, you could take classes during the summer. All of these were things done by various people in the top 10% of my lower ranked school.

(Edited to delete OP quote.)

Return to “Transfers”