Funding for a visiting 3L student.... Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
wannabe146

New

Funding for a visiting 3L student....

Post by wannabe146 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Is there anyway to get some kind of scholarship to offset the cost? Thanks for your help!

wannabe146

New

Re: Funding for a visiting 3L student....

Post by wannabe146 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:48 am

bump.

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:32 pm

My understanding is that schools rarely provide financial aid to non-matriculants. Your best shot is either your home institution or some third party scholarship.

Why don't you just ask your finaid office?

wannabe146

New

Post by wannabe146 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks for the response. Yeah, that is something that I will probably be doing. But, because I am on break, I just thought I would see if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks, again.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:38 pm

wannabe146 wrote:Is there anyway to get some kind of scholarship to offset the cost? Thanks for your help!
To my (admittedly limited) knowledge, there are exactly zero schools who offer scholarship money to transfers. I don't know why this would be different for visiting non-matrics. That said, you can always try local scholarship searches. Contact your visiting LS and ask if you can apply now for scholarships that are handed out to next year's returning students. I'd imagine this is a long shot.

And there's always fed/private student loans. I'm interested (pure curiosity) if you find anything out about this. GL!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:54 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
wannabe146 wrote:Is there anyway to get some kind of scholarship to offset the cost? Thanks for your help!
To my (admittedly limited) knowledge, there are exactly zero schools who offer scholarship money to transfers.
Cooley does.
Transfer Students

Transfer students are eligible for scholarships similar to new entering students by either qualifying based upon their undergraduate grade point average and LSAT score (Index) OR based upon their LSAT score.

Transfer students can also qualify for an Honors Scholarship based upon their class rank at the school from which their transfer occurs. The scholarship amount will be determined by class rank as described in the ranking chart.

These scholarships are retained at the level of the original award and are not increased or decreased in amount, so long as the student remains in good standing.* Transfer students may also be eligible for the Michigan Resident Honors Scholarship Enhancement Program if they meet the criteria.
http://www.cooley.edu/prospective/scholarships.html

But Cooley really needs those incoming transfer students. :lol:

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Your best bet is to ask your current school to apply your current scholarship towards expenses at the institution where you'll be spending your 3L year.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:09 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:
To my (admittedly limited) knowledge, there are exactly zero schools who offer scholarship money to transfers.
Cooley does.
Transfer Students

Transfer students are eligible for scholarships similar to new entering students by either qualifying based upon their undergraduate grade point average and LSAT score (Index) OR based upon their LSAT score.

Transfer students can also qualify for an Honors Scholarship based upon their class rank at the school from which their transfer occurs. The scholarship amount will be determined by class rank as described in the ranking chart.

These scholarships are retained at the level of the original award and are not increased or decreased in amount, so long as the student remains in good standing.* Transfer students may also be eligible for the Michigan Resident Honors Scholarship Enhancement Program if they meet the criteria.
http://www.cooley.edu/prospective/scholarships.html

But Cooley really needs those incoming transfer students. :lol:
Well hot damn. I stand corrected. :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”