Official Fordham Transfer Class of 2012

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
tee14

Official Fordham Transfer Class of 2012

Postby tee14 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:29 am

Is there anyone else attending???

samiseaborn

Re: Official Fordham Transfer Class of 2012

Postby samiseaborn » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:52 pm

I am.

tee14

Postby tee14 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:28 am

samiseaborn wrote:I am.

anyone else?

tee14

Postby tee14 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:47 am

ok so i feel like its very unfair that we cannot participate during EIW and the resume advance part of OCI. besides that i feel pretty good about fordham.

anyone heard anything specific about the transfer write-on process? how many transfers they usually accept? etc?

is anyone worried about paying sticker for a T34 school?

samiseaborn

Postby samiseaborn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:31 am

The website says 3/4 spots on LR for transfers I believe. I asked about other journals but they told me it would be covered at orientation. It looks like from the ABA data though almost every single student is on some journal, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Any idea if we have to read the book that is listed for orientation? I think it's just for 1Ls but couldn't tell.

samiseaborn

Postby samiseaborn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Also, has anyone been able to access email yet?

tee14

Postby tee14 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:26 am

samiseaborn wrote:The website says 3/4 spots on LR for transfers I believe. I asked about other journals but they told me it would be covered at orientation. It looks like from the ABA data though almost every single student is on some journal, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Wow 3/4 spots gives us very slim odds to make LR!! :evil:
Yeah, the ABA data shows that 452 day students are involved in law journals but remember that Fordham has 1,469 total JD students enrolled which means approx 30% of students are involved in some type of journal. However, LR is what really sets you apart from the rest IMO.

samiseaborn wrote:Any idea if we have to read the book that is listed for orientation? I think it's just for 1Ls but couldn't tell.

Not sure, but I didn't read anything like this so I assume this is a 1L requirement (my school did the same thing for incoming 1Ls)

samiseaborn wrote:Also, has anyone been able to access email yet?

I was told email would not work until orientation

lexlaw

Postby lexlaw » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:57 pm

Could any of you all talk about this experience now that you have a little more perspective? I'm considering transferring in order to be in the NYC area but it would be more of a lateral transfer and cost nearly double (currently have in-state/small scholarship). I'm very wary of missing part of OCIs and would like to hear how this affects a transfer's job prospects. Any insight into your experiences with transferring to Fordham would be appreciated

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 pm

lexlaw wrote:Could any of you all talk about this experience now that you have a little more perspective? I'm considering transferring in order to be in the NYC area but it would be more of a lateral transfer and cost nearly double (currently have in-state/small scholarship). I'm very wary of missing part of OCIs and would like to hear how this affects a transfer's job prospects. Any insight into your experiences with transferring to Fordham would be appreciated

Also morbidly curious about this. Missing EIW seems like it would be a massive career buzkill.

Return to “Transfers”