heard from Boston University? someone...anyone..! Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rossmca

New

heard from Boston University? someone...anyone..!

Post by rossmca » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:20 pm

I applied a while ago and still haven't heard anything...just wondering if other people have heard from them?

UCLAtransfer

Bronze

Re: heard from Boston University? someone...anyone..!

Post by UCLAtransfer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:58 pm

Knew a guy from my previous school who transferred there last year. I'm pretty sure he was accepted and moved out there less than two weeks before classes started . . .

Transfer2010

New

Post by Transfer2010 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:33 pm

I went complete at BU on 7/13 and was accepted on 7/15. I withdrew because I got into someplace better. My stats were top 15% T40. Hope this helps and good luck!

lawschool2014

New

Post by lawschool2014 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:47 pm

What is the ranking range of ur current school and what's ur rank?

rossmca

New

Post by rossmca » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks for the responses. I'm already in at GW, rejected at BC, Fordham (not sure what happened there), and waiting on BU so I'm in reasonable shape from my point of view. Thus far not getting into the other schools has been painless given the GW acceptance. An acceptance from BU would throw a spanner in the works as I'd be "forced" to make the decision between similar schools. I honestly have no clue what the hell I would do should that happen. It would likely be decided after a bottle or two of wine, when I make all of my finest decisions...

Coming from a T50 with ranking of 20%....yes, I consider myself pretty fortunate for the GW acceptance. Good softs, good LORs, history/family in Boston, etc, but I think getting into BU is just as much of a reach as the others. Here's to a little luck and a difficult decision.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”