Transfering and Loans Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
samiseaborn

Bronze

Transfering and Loans

Post by samiseaborn » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:23 pm

So with a number of transfer applications still pending I'm starting to worry about my loans disbursing at one school and then getting into another. (I know my changes of getting in at this point are bad, but I'm trying to hold on to hope) Has anyone had this happen or have any insight into possibly withdrawing from a school after loans have disbursed?

FlyAboveTheHaters

New

Re: Transfering and Loans

Post by FlyAboveTheHaters » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:01 am

This happened to me a few weeks ago. My old law school billed me for the fall semester and applied my loans to my account, and listed me ready to receive my refund at the scheduled refund date.

When I withdrew for transfer, the registrar dropped me from my classes and my financial aid was (automatically) cancelled. My account was listed as $0.

HTH

bizen boat

New

Post by bizen boat » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:41 am

How did you withdraw? I sent an email to my registrar, but she never replied. Do you think I need to actually go there in person?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:47 am

Call the registrar's office and ask. They're usually incredibly helpful.

FlyAboveTheHaters

New

Post by FlyAboveTheHaters » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:51 pm

bizen boat wrote:How did you withdraw? I sent an email to my registrar, but she never replied. Do you think I need to actually go there in person?

I second calling the registrar's office. If that doesn't work, pay them a visit if you're still around. If not, I would email your Dean of Students Services and say that you are withdrawing.

For me personally, I emailed the registrar and she took care of it. I hear that some schools will make you notify the Dean of Student Services too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:27 pm

FlyAboveTheHaters wrote:This happened to me a few weeks ago. My old law school billed me for the fall semester and applied my loans to my account, and listed me ready to receive my refund at the scheduled refund date.

When I withdrew for transfer, the registrar dropped me from my classes and my financial aid was (automatically) cancelled. My account was listed as $0.

HTH
I guess I was more worried that the refund was going to get disbursed before I withdraw. What then?

FlyAboveTheHaters

New

Post by FlyAboveTheHaters » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:52 pm

samiseaborn wrote:
FlyAboveTheHaters wrote:This happened to me a few weeks ago. My old law school billed me for the fall semester and applied my loans to my account, and listed me ready to receive my refund at the scheduled refund date.

HTH
I guess I was more worried that the refund was going to get disbursed before I withdraw. What then?
Well, my loans were applied to my balance and I was scheduled to receive a refund. If you actually receive a refund in your direct deposit or check, I guess you would just have to pay it back.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:58 pm

This JUST happened to me, weirdly enough. I canceled and they still gave me my refund. I wish they'd just leave it up to me to decide when to repay it so I could keep this refund amount and then still get a refund from my new school, haha. The extra money would help make up for all the money I've blown moving and whatnot.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”