WUSTL or Notre Dame

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

WUSTL or Notre Dame

WUSTL
20%
Notre Dame
80%

Total votes: 20

choices11

WUSTL or Notre Dame

Postby choices11 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:22 pm

I am from St. Louis and have been accepted as a transfer to both Notre Dame and WUSTL. Although WUSTL is a better school on its face, Notre Dame has been my dream school most of my life. I am transferring from a T4 in the Midwest. Also, I would like to work in either Chicago or St. Louis upon graduation, no preference between the two. Please share your thoughts. Thank you, in advance. Also, please save all of the "you can't do biglaw or academia from either" comments; these are my options and I am going to take one of them.

getpolitical

Re: WUSTL or Notre Dame

Postby getpolitical » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:24 pm

"Notre Dame has been my dream school most of my life."

'Nuff said. Go to ND.

jlockhart6

Postby jlockhart6 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Yeah, I mean it would certainly be best if you want to work in St. Louis to go to WUSTL, and neither ND or WUSTL is a lock in Chicago ITE, if ND is truly your dream school I think you have to go there ... there is no substitute for truly loving the school you are attending with no regrets, both are good schools, go with your gut. As is stated over and over again on this board, your alma matter stays with you forever, you don't want to always question your choice. Good luck!

ENGINEERD

Postby ENGINEERD » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Both are great options. There are a lot more outspoken WUSTL supporters on this website than ND, but don't let them make you think any less of ND. Go with your gut. GL

Return to “Transfers”