A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Postby BW1234 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:57 am

I am definitely transferring, but need to decide between NYU and Columbia. Most of what I could find on these forums deals with NYU v. Columbia more generally. Does anyone have thoughts regarding this decision as it relates to transferring? For example, is one school more transfer friendly? Thanks!

Postby deneuve39 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Biggest difference is NYU has a special transfer write-on competition for the law review, whereas at CLS potential transfers had to compete for the pure write-on spots a couple months ago. I don't know whether one is more transfer-friendly, but FWIW transfers at EIP last year did very well at CLS.

Machine Spirit

Postby Machine Spirit » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:48 pm

I personally chose Columbia over NYU, but I know of others who were faced with the same choice and chose the latter. You can't really make a "wrong" decision here, so just take into consideration things like LR write-on, class size, etc.

Return to “Transfers”