FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
daylight324
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:50 pm

FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

Postby daylight324 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Hello All,

I am transferring from Albany Law School to either FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL. I applied to FSU thinking about the possibility of living there permanently if I attend, however leaving my friends and family who live in NJ is another factor that I am considering. If anybody has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, if anybody has any advice on increasing scholarship from my previous law school that too would be appreciated.

Thank you

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

Postby Danteshek » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:58 pm

daylight324 wrote:Hello All,

I am transferring from Albany Law School to either FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL. I applied to FSU thinking about the possibility of living there permanently if I attend, however leaving my friends and family who live in NJ is another factor that I am considering. If anybody has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, if anybody has any advice on increasing scholarship from my previous law school that too would be appreciated.

Thank you



I think you should stay in New Jersey because that is where your friends and family are. I think you should go to Rutgers. It's immature to want to go to another part of the country for no good reason.

Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

Postby Bankhead » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:52 pm

Danteshek wrote:
daylight324 wrote:Hello All,

I am transferring from Albany Law School to either FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL. I applied to FSU thinking about the possibility of living there permanently if I attend, however leaving my friends and family who live in NJ is another factor that I am considering. If anybody has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, if anybody has any advice on increasing scholarship from my previous law school that too would be appreciated.

Thank you



I think you should stay in New Jersey because that is where your friends and family are. I think you should go to Rutgers. It's immature to want to go to another part of the country for no good reason unless you happen to live in NJ, in which case it is perfectly normal.

peasandcues
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

Postby peasandcues » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:06 am

Do you have any ties to FSU or the area?

Seton Hall is great for placing students in NJ, so if that's where you to practice, I'd go there. I don't know much about Rutgers Camden, but I hear that Camden is a little worse than Newark. Neither city is great though.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

Postby Grizz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:06 am

No ties to FL = not FSU.

selfloathingtransfer
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

Postby selfloathingtransfer » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:14 am

Between Rutgers Camden and Seton Hall, yeah my gut says Rutgers, but I'm sure you could make either work if you wanted to.

As for FSU, nobody can blame you for wanting to relocate as long as you've thought it through. I'm sure you have your reasons. That said, moving across the country can be a big leap. It can be rewarding, but be ready for it to not be as great as you thought it would be.

The northeast is safe for you. If you're looking for an adventure and prepared to deal with a little more hardship, expense, etc. and you want to take a shot at Tallahassee, go for it.

The big remains, however . . . Why would you want to leave Megyn Kelly's legal alma mater? Does the hotness not remain?

Bankhead wrote:
Danteshek wrote:
daylight324 wrote:Hello All,

I am transferring from Albany Law School to either FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL. I applied to FSU thinking about the possibility of living there permanently if I attend, however leaving my friends and family who live in NJ is another factor that I am considering. If anybody has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, if anybody has any advice on increasing scholarship from my previous law school that too would be appreciated.

Thank you



I think you should stay in New Jersey because that is where your friends and family are. I think you should go to Rutgers. It's immature to want to go to another part of the country for no good reason unless you happen to live in NJ, in which case it is perfectly normal.

selfloathingtransfer
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

Postby selfloathingtransfer » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:19 am

daylight324 wrote:Additionally, if anybody has any advice on increasing scholarship from my previous law school that too would be appreciated.


Oh yeah, on this, there's a thread here - http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=123270 - (I think) on this topic of negotiating with your old school. I think it's basically like, "It's hard. If you have offers from other schools, it might be possible. It's easier if your school is rich." Something like that anyway.

accent
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

Postby accent » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:37 am

Hello,

Please let me know whether you are going to attend Rutgers. I just transferred to the Camden campus.

daylight324
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

Postby daylight324 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:25 pm

accent wrote:Hello,

Please let me know whether you are going to attend Rutgers. I just transferred to the Camden campus.


My gut is telling to transfer to Rutgers Camden. Where are you transferring from? Email me at dmusleh@albanylaw.edu if you want to talk more about Camden.

destro85
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: FSU OR RUTGERS CAMDEN OR SETON HALL

Postby destro85 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Danteshek wrote:
daylight324 wrote: It's immature to want to go to another part of the country for no good reason.


Wait, how's that immature? Plenty of people move across the country with no ties to the community and then you start to build your connections. I say do what your gut tells you, I'm also from NJ but attend school in DC and have considered FL and even Cali to live in so do what you want.

Family ties and connections do help! So I wouldn't say immature but rather "risky", that's for sure!

P.S. - Sometimes lonely too lol




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.