Official UCLA 2010 Transfer Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
iheartlaw

Bronze

Re: Official UCLA 2010 Transfer Thread

Post by iheartlaw » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Dean Schwartz is amazing. I truly respect the guy. I have spoken with him, and expressed my sincere interest to attend UCLA Law. Though I am sure I am one of many who has done this. I don't know if he took any notations of what I said, but I really hope he jotted my name down at least. I sent a little prayer to the man up high- I hope I find out soon!

iheartlaw

Bronze

Post by iheartlaw » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I think part of the reason why I haven't heard back yet, is because my registrar's office did not send in my official rankings. I go to them everyday to plead with them to send it, but generally to no avail. They sent a ranking grid from last year, but with the new rankings it places me even higher. I think they know this and may intentionally be trying to impede my ability to transfer- though this is a harsh and critical claim- I mean come on... all it takes is sending the letter with the print out of the ranks and include my name on it! I already gave them the addy. =( I wish I could just turn it in myself... bleh.

Pilaf Rocket

New

Post by Pilaf Rocket » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:08 pm

iheartlaw wrote:I think part of the reason why I haven't heard back yet, is because my registrar's office did not send in my official rankings. I go to them everyday to plead with them to send it, but generally to no avail. They sent a ranking grid from last year, but with the new rankings it places me even higher. I think they know this and may intentionally be trying to impede my ability to transfer- though this is a harsh and critical claim- I mean come on... all it takes is sending the letter with the print out of the ranks and include my name on it! I already gave them the addy. =( I wish I could just turn it in myself... bleh.
That could be it. UCLA knew my unofficial grades but no rank and for a couple weeks went without a peep, and only one day after they got my rank, I got the call.

I can sympathize with your old school being a hassle. I argued with my Registrar for an hour when they refused to send out my official transcript. They said they had to wait to calculate rank before they could send them out, even though on the request form, you could request them separately. Further, it took them over two weeks to calculate rank (I didn't think it was that hard....). Conspicuously, ranks were released after most transfer apps were already due.

Lastly, Financial Aid office had me fired from my work study research assistant position just for requesting a transcript be sent. Maybe these policies are not specifically to keep me at my old school, but they sure as hell made me want to transfer.

Did the Dean say he was waiting for your rank? If so, get on the phone and start making demands. You paid a lot of money and worked your butt off for that rank...
Last edited by Pilaf Rocket on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iheartlaw

Bronze

Post by iheartlaw » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble you went through, but glad to see that you persevered and made it out on top! That is awesome, and I am super stoked for you.

Dean Schwartz said that they would wait until my rank came in to render a decision. I just hope that it is a favorable decision! I genuinely appreciate UCLA waiting to render a decision until receiving my rank. This late in the game, things are so unpredictable =\ It will really hurt me if I can't participate in OCI, which it seems like you guys are already bidding for. A phone call right now would make me the happiest person in the world.

I'll keep you posted on what unfolds, and congrats on UCLA Law! It must be a dream come true.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”