When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
berkcol
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 am

When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby berkcol » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:27 pm

I'm predicting Friday 7/9/10 e-mails.
This is consistent with 2008, 2009 (Yahoo TransferApps), which indicates first batch of acceptances were sent out letters on the Friday after July 4 holiday weekend.

FWIW, top 15% at low t14
Last edited by berkcol on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
ZXCVBNM
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby ZXCVBNM » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:33 pm

i really hope so although i just went complete on thursday so i'm not sure if i will be in the first batch. would take a lot of pressure off though. what about nyu or harvard?

berkcol
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 am

Re: When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby berkcol » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:34 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:i really hope so although i just went complete on thursday so i'm not sure if i will be in the first batch. would take a lot of pressure off though. what about nyu or harvard?


I can't tell about Harvard, I don't care about NYU, I'd 10x rather go to Boalt than NYU.

User avatar
ZXCVBNM
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby ZXCVBNM » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:41 pm

berkcol wrote:
ZXCVBNM wrote:i really hope so although i just went complete on thursday so i'm not sure if i will be in the first batch. would take a lot of pressure off though. what about nyu or harvard?


I can't tell about Harvard, I don't care about NYU, I'd 10x rather go to Boalt than NYU.


Thank you, that was so informative. Is BOALT a law school? I've never heard of it.

berkcol
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 am

Re: When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby berkcol » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:47 pm

If you wanna figure out dates for NYU or Harvard, just go to the TransferApps database on Yahoo, and go to the "dates" database for 08 or 09, and type in NYU or Harvard in the search field.

I don't think you get "Toby Scott" phone calls or whatever, back from 08, for transfers, I'm pretty sure you just get e-mails.

User avatar
ZXCVBNM
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby ZXCVBNM » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:52 pm

i'm not on that database and don't want to be b/c of all the emails. if you get a chance please take a look from me. also, thanks for not taking the bait on is boalt a good law school and turning this thread into a stupid fight about that.

berkcol
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 am

Re: When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby berkcol » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:44 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:i'm not on that database and don't want to be b/c of all the emails. if you get a chance please take a look from me. also, thanks for not taking the bait on is boalt a good law school and turning this thread into a stupid fight about that.

NYU had a ton of 'acceptance' letters sent out in the first week of July, right after the July 4 weekend (7/7, 7/8).

So you should get something from NYU between Tues-Fri.
I think they're basically on the same schedule as Columbia.

Harvard is consistently 7/22 and beyond, so they're kinda late, too late for Berkeley 7/15 anyway.

Wolverine21
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby Wolverine21 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:50 pm

I think I stretched it too much by applying to CLS after seeing some of your stats.

T3-Top 2% FWIW-good luck to you all. Still not complete at NYU? Anyone have this dilemma?

traydeuce
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby traydeuce » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm still incomplete; they seem to have miscategorized my Dean's Certification as a letter of recommendation from my Dean. And the transcripts are missing, even though LSAC sent them to everyone else. On the phone they're, of course, not at all helpful. I e-mailed them a few days ago; perhaps they'll respond soon.

concurrent fork
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 am

Re: When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby concurrent fork » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:16 pm

I submitted everything two weeks ago and I am still not complete at CLS or NYU. They must be really backlogged.

slider
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: When does Columbia accept transfers?!?!?

Postby slider » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:29 pm

berkcol wrote:If you wanna figure out dates for NYU or Harvard, just go to the TransferApps database on Yahoo, and go to the "dates" database for 08 or 09, and type in NYU or Harvard in the search field.

I don't think you get "Toby Scott Stock" phone calls or whatever, back from 08, for transfers, I'm pretty sure you just get e-mails.


ftfy




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.