The "In Nowhere" Club

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Machine Spirit

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby Machine Spirit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:55 pm

^ It was noted. What can I say....you apparently need a sense of humor. If you want to be the Church Lady, then so be it. Someone needs to think of the children I suppose.

Regardless, I see that I've made myself just as guilty in getting us off topic. In that case, to respond to TS, I'd say that your fear isn't particularly well-founded at this point, considering the majority of us are still waiting as well. It seems like the next batch of acceptances/denials will be coming out toward the end of this week (I'm speaking in reference to the T14), if the yahoo groups site is any indicator. So stop worrying so much man :)

convicted

Postby convicted » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:57 pm

betasteve wrote:
convicted wrote:
Convicted: You actually really just cheered me up bigtime. I sometimes forget that when I am down, all I have to do is thank my lucky stars that my a-hole is not the size of a grapefruit at the hands of bubba. Thanks for bringing some well needed perspective to this thread!

I see you conducted a very thorough search. I think it goes without saying that you are beyond stupid.

I see this as an anal joke—either it's you liking anal as a girl, or as a guy. At worst, this is slightly homophobic. Where you get rape, I have no idea. If your RC is this poor, you are going to be shit in law school.

betasteve, context is key. You can have a look at the history if you'd like, but I can't imagine why you or anybody would want to do that. It also goes without saying that you are beyond stupid. I'm already doing just fine in law school, but thanks for your concern.

Also, really, the "Bubba" doesn't tip you off? Are you not an American? You're really not attuned to American cultural cues.

Bankhead

Postby Bankhead » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:01 pm

We should rename this thread "Section Stacking and Social Justice: A Case Study Involving the Moral Monster".

convicted

Postby convicted » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:03 pm

betasteve wrote:
convicted wrote:
betasteve, context is key. You can have a look at the history if you'd like, but I can't imagine why you or anybody would want to do that. It also goes without saying that you are beyond stupid. I'm already doing just fine in law school, but thanks for your concern.

Also, really, the "Bubba" doesn't tip you off? Are you not an American? You're really not attuned to American cultural cues.

History that you won't point me to. Got it.

And "it goes without saying that [I am] beyond stupid"? How do you figure, sweetheart? Also, Bubba is a big redneck, nothing more. hth.

I see quickly why you are so insufferable.

Bubba is also shorthand for a prisoner. Do you think most anal sex in prison is consensual? Where are you from? Were you born in the United States?

Anyways, whether you consider the comment a rape joke, as I contend it is, or "slightly homophobic," I consider myself vindicated in calling A'nold a moral monster. I also still consider you a complete moron.

Update: have a look at this, if you want to research American culture a bit:
--LinkRemoved--

convicted

Postby convicted » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:05 pm

To be fair, maybe you're not a complete moron. You might just be very poorly attuned to American culture, either because you're anti-social or were raised in a different culture. So, I partly walk that back.

Machine Spirit

Postby Machine Spirit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:06 pm

^

If that's a joke you found to be in such poor taste that you've equated it with mocking rape victims, I can only assume that you've never watched any comedy shows in the past 5 years. Stay far far away from Family Guy and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Bankhead wrote:We should rename this thread "Section Stacking and Social Justice: A Case Study Involving the Moral Monster".

Nice.

CRizzy141

Postby CRizzy141 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Whenever I'm tempted to get into an online skirmish like this, I imagine how horribly it would skew the manner in which I regard my old man if I walked in one night and he was engaged in a convoluted flame war like this.

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:11 pm

LOL @ Convicted. She clearly feels attacked now that she's no longer in her politically correct college bubble.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:14 pm

CRizzy141 wrote:Whenever I'm tempted to get into an online skirmish like this, I imagine how horribly it would skew the manner in which I regard my old man if I walked in one night and he was engaged in a convoluted flame war like this.

Awesome.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:15 pm

betasteve wrote:Or I've just never heard Bubba used in that context. But, I don't spend much time around the prisons.

+1. I'd never heard of it either. I do hope A'nold didn't talk about the section stacking/curves on his apps, b/c that would be bad news.

convicted

Postby convicted » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Danteshek wrote:LOL @ Convicted. She clearly feels attacked now that she's no longer in her politically correct college bubble.

Thanks for your concern, but I'm just fine. I'm no wilting, sensitive flower, here. You won't see me whining like some people (hi, A'nold). Just passing judgment on the morons and scumbags.

convicted

Postby convicted » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:17 pm

betasteve wrote:
convicted wrote:To be fair, maybe you're not a complete moron. You might just be very poorly attuned to American culture, either because you're anti-social or were raised in a different culture. So, I partly walk that back.

Or I've just never heard Bubba used in that context. But, I don't spend much time around the prisons.

Many people who haven't been in prison know what "Bubba" means -- see, s.e.g, A'nold. Anyways, I think you meant that as a passive aggressive insult, but for the sake of making amends, I'll take it as a begrudging apology. You can go back to threatening to ban me now, if it makes you feel better. After all, if you don't stand up for the "slight homophobes," who, dare I ask, will?

JazzyM550

Postby JazzyM550 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:22 pm

I do hope A'nold didn't talk about the section stacking/curves on his apps, b/c that would be bad news.

I think it would indeed be bad news--that's not the thing the Admissions Office wants to see.

But let's step back for a moment: Aren't there always going to be sections that are "stacked" relative to the others?? My section, e.g., had a disproportionate number of smarter kids compared to the other section. It's called the luck of the draw.

And one more thing: Since when do schools account for section rank? If A'nold is #3 in his section, and there are multiple (say 5) sections, he would be just outside of the top 10 of his T3 (perhaps he's clarified this already); and that is the metric, the only metric, the schools will go by.

JazzyM550

Postby JazzyM550 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:26 pm

After all, if you don't stand up for the "slight homophobes," who, dare I ask, will?

Without getting too much into this (petty) argument, I will say that the original post/comment by A'nold was pretty tasteless.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:30 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Also, A'nold, I hope that you hear some good news soon about transferring.

Edit: Furthermore, this would be a good place to tell some people to stop getting all butthurt over OP's remarks.
Last edited by Bildungsroman on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JazzyM550

Postby JazzyM550 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:36 pm

However, how you get making fun of rape victims out of whatever was said is beyond me.

I didn't quite deduce that A'nold was making fun of rape victims, but the comment did come across to me (a guy) as odd, inappropriate, and probably insensitive. Now that was bad enough, but IF he has made similar comments in the past (I haven't seen his history), then he is exhibiting an attitude that's problematic.

While I'm not a great fan of harshly "convict"ing someone like A'nold in the court of TLS opinion, I do think this argument should resolve in favor of the idea that we all should simply stay away from the rape/anal jokes--if you want to call them jokes.

convicted

Postby convicted » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:38 pm

betasteve wrote:
convicted wrote:
betasteve wrote:
convicted wrote:To be fair, maybe you're not a complete moron. You might just be very poorly attuned to American culture, either because you're anti-social or were raised in a different culture. So, I partly walk that back.

Or I've just never heard Bubba used in that context. But, I don't spend much time around the prisons.

Many people who haven't been in prison know what "Bubba" means -- see, s.e.g, A'nold. Anyways, I think you meant that as a passive aggressive insult, but for the sake of making amends, I'll take it as a begrudging apology. You can go back to threatening to ban me now, if it makes you feel better. After all, if you don't stand up for the "slight homophobes," who, dare I ask, will?

I wouldn't take it as an apology. Moreover, as far as I can tell, you are a chick. So him referencing Bubba to you neither implies anal rape from a member of the same sex in prison nor homosexual sex whatsoever. However, how you get making fun of rape victims out of whatever was said is beyond me. And, there is a reason I PM'ed you about the ban... it's because in on-topic forums, discipline is done behind the scenes. But here you are, wanting to bring shit out in the open to try to.. what? make yourself feel bigger? Demonize me? Good fucking luck. The fact of the matter is, you have failed to find 2 posts that vaguely indicate that Arnold has made fun of rape victims. Even on a tortured reading, you can barely count this as one, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt. So - 1 more. That's what we are looking for. And why more than one? Because you clearly alleged that this is pervasive behavior on his part, and not a one-off instance.

What your problem is, I really don't care. But this bullshit taking a quote and amping it up to be something more offensive than it is, and then trying to pin it via google to his username isn't going to fucking fly.

Nah. It's just most convenient to write here. It's true -- I don't give a damn to dig up old quotes from A'nold where he mocks rape victims. If you'd look, you'll find him believing that I am a victim of rape, and in this very thread, you'll find him mocking me for it. I'm not sensitive though, so I really don't mind much. This is mostly just sport for me. I don't find it entertaining to dig up old posts, so I'll leave that to you, if you desire. Or, you can just ban me, or you can continue to look like a semi-literate moron. The opportunities for you are wide, my friend! I'm sure the other TTT morons here will jump to your protection as well, as they are known to do.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:46 pm

JazzyM550 wrote:
I do hope A'nold didn't talk about the section stacking/curves on his apps, b/c that would be bad news.

I think it would indeed be bad news--that's not the thing the Admissions Office wants to see.

But let's step back for a moment: Aren't there always going to be sections that are "stacked" relative to the others?? My section, e.g., had a disproportionate number of smarter kids compared to the other section. It's called the luck of the draw.

And one more thing: Since when do schools account for section rank? If A'nold is #3 in his section, and there are multiple (say 5) sections, he would be just outside of the top 10 of his T3 (perhaps he's clarified this already); and that is the metric, the only metric, the schools will go by.

Talk w/out reading much? There are two sections in my 1L class. Our sections were stacked according to LSAT scores/schollies on a top 1/3 contingency. I was even willing to concede that while immoral, it is not unforeseeable. BUT, what some of you fail to realize, my section was curved to below a 2.7 and the other section around a 3.0.

People that claim this practice is not brutally unfair need a dose of reality. And to my good friend convicted: I am the third in my section. If a rank of ~ top 5% is not good enough for you to think that I succeeded this year.....don't know what to tell you.

And for the history people keep asking about: convicted is a former prisoner (or so he says) and softboiledlife and him got in an argument and matlock and I jumped in to defend him when people took his posts out of context. Convicted proceeded to call me a "moral monster" and a "scumbag" and has trolled me ever since. Seriously, he pops up every few months to try to demean me or whatever he thinks he is doing. It's pretty sad.

Edit: and lulz at the suggestion that convicted always makes that I have a sense of entitlement and that it will show through in my writing. Just another ad hom considering I am the least "entitled" individual you will probably ever meet, haha.
Last edited by A'nold on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

convicted

Postby convicted » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:49 pm

A'nold wrote:
JazzyM550 wrote:

Talk w/out reading much? There are two sections in my 1L class. Our sections were stacked according to LSAT scores/schollies on a top 1/3 contingency. I was even willing to concede that while immoral, it is not unforeseeable. BUT, what some of you fail to realize, my section was curved to below a 2.7 and the other section around a 3.0.

People that claim this practice is not brutally unfair need a dose of reality. And to my good friend convicted: I am the third in my section. If a rank of ~ top 5% is not good enough for you to think that I succeeded this year.....don't know what to tell you.

And for the history people keep asking about: convicted is a former prisoner (or so he says) and softboiledlife and him got in an argument and matlock and I jumped in to defend him when people took his posts out of context. Convicted proceeded to call me a "moral monster" and a "scumbag" and has trolled me ever since. Seriously, he pops up every few months to try to demean me or whatever he thinks he is doing. It's pretty sad.

Hi A'nold. I actually never said whether I was ever a prisoner, nor did I say my gender, although you do make presumptions about both. This is the type of reading comprehension that landed you in the TTT to begin with, and will probably keep you at least in the near-TTT.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:54 pm

convicted wrote:
Hi A'nold. I actually never said whether I was ever a prisoner, nor did I say my gender, although you do make presumptions about both. This is the type of reading comprehension that landed you in the TTT to begin with, and will probably keep you at least in the near-TTT.

Someone's been busy today editing their post history.
convicted wrote:I have been convicted of a federal felony. Thus far, no president has pardoned me.

I currently attend a top ranked law school. I receive nothing but absolute support from the administration who are aware of my unique circumstances. I have a generous scholarship. So far the internship hunt has been going very successfully with invitations from private and governmental organizations.

I am writing this to give hope to anybody else who has made a mistake in their life and has landed here, looking for any ray of hope. It's hard to find -- I know.

Always be honest, and don't ever give up. And don't spend your time with closed-minded people with hearts full of hatred who will find you a convenient target. This board is full of them, and you will encounter them throughout your career. Don't let them get to you.

Good luck.

So maybe you got convicted of a felony and just didn't serve any jail time. Have fun on the C&F

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:56 pm

A'nold wrote:BUT, what some of you fail to realize, my section was curved to below a 2.7 and the other section around a 3.0.

The stacked section's curve keeps fluctuating. First it was 2.5, then 2.6, now it's "below a 2.7." A few more weeks on TLS and maybe the sections' curves will be equal?

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:00 pm

A'nold wrote:Talk w/out reading much? There are two sections in my 1L class. Our sections were stacked according to LSAT scores/schollies on a top 1/3 contingency. I was even willing to concede that while immoral, it is not unforeseeable. BUT, what some of you fail to realize, my section was curved to below a 2.7 and the other section around a 3.0.

wtf, some shit school has different curves for different sections? Um why?

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
convicted wrote:

Someone's been busy today editing their post history.
convicted wrote:I have been convicted of a federal felony. Thus far, no president has pardoned me.

I currently attend a top ranked law school. I receive nothing but absolute support from the administration who are aware of my unique circumstances. I have a generous scholarship. So far the internship hunt has been going very successfully with invitations from private and governmental organizations.

I am writing this to give hope to anybody else who has made a mistake in their life and has landed here, looking for any ray of hope. It's hard to find -- I know.

Always be honest, and don't ever give up. And don't spend your time with closed-minded people with hearts full of hatred who will find you a convenient target. This board is full of them, and you will encounter them throughout your career. Don't let them get to you.

Good luck.

So maybe you got convicted of a felony and just didn't serve any jail time. Have fun on the C&F

Haha. And, do you know what the sad thing is? Convicted has built up this sense of "me against the world" viewpoint that is so irrational that he attacks one of the people on this board that would support him 100% for turning his life around. Convicted is a horrible representative of "look where I've come from and what I've accomplished even though I am a felon." He proves over and over again through his posts that he has the maturity level common to many people that find themselves in prison and doesn't take responsibility for their actions. You are not a victim convicted. Somebody else was a victim at your hands, and you've now made a life for yourself. YOUR attitude about that will sink you if you don't start acting like a victim yourself. Just admit your shortcomings, apologize, move on and prove to others that you are a changed person. You will likely get great support from the majority of people.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:02 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:wtf, some shit school has different curves for different sections? Um why?

No one promised you universal fairness.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:02 pm

MrKappus wrote:
A'nold wrote:BUT, what some of you fail to realize, my section was curved to below a 2.7 and the other section around a 3.0.

The stacked section's curve keeps fluctuating. First it was 2.5, then 2.6, now it's "below a 2.7." A few more weeks on TLS and maybe the sections' curves will be equal?

Another example of you liking to hear yourself talk. ONE of my classes was graded to under a 2.5. I've said that the section is curved to a 2.67 which is under a 2.7, thus making your post absolutely retarded. Convicted alt?

Return to “Transfers”