The "In Nowhere" Club

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
willnumber85

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby willnumber85 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm

A'nold wrote:Alright, let's take votes. How many people think I'm going to get any news this week other than my Vandy ding in the mail?

I vote for good news. Gotta stay positive!

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:43 pm

willnumber85 wrote:
A'nold wrote:Alright, let's take votes. How many people think I'm going to get any news this week other than my Vandy ding in the mail?

I vote for good news. Gotta stay positive!

Thanks, haha.

Does anyone know if sending an email expressing continued interest is kosher or would that just annoy the adcoms?

Bankhead

Postby Bankhead » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:45 pm

I think you'll be in at WUSTL... tomorrow.

DeseoQueSea

Postby DeseoQueSea » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:48 pm

A'nold wrote:
willnumber85 wrote:
A'nold wrote:
Does anyone know if sending an email expressing continued interest is kosher or would that just annoy the adcoms?

I just wrote a letter to Penn to this effect (I attached it to an email). I wouldn't send one unless you had some additional info for them...like I spoke to a bunch of current Penn students where I'm working this summer and found out more cool stuff about the curriculum and school culture. I also felt better sending it because one of their supplemental essays asked "why Penn," so clearly they were interested. In sum, make it substantive, not annoying :)

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Bankhead wrote:I think you'll be in at WUSTL... tomorrow.

That would make it all worth while.

nahgems

Postby nahgems » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:04 pm

I've resorted to the magic eight ball:
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

When asked if you would get good news this week, it said "Absolutely"

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:10 pm

nahgems wrote:

Wohoo! I'm set. 8)

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:18 pm

A'nold wrote:
nahgems wrote:

Wohoo! I'm set. 8)

Why is this happening here and not on A'nold's prediction thread? That's where the party should be. These next few days may hold the glory we've all been awaiting.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:21 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
A'nold wrote:
nahgems wrote:

Wohoo! I'm set. 8)

Why is this happening here and not on A'nold's prediction thread? That's where the party should be. These next few days may hold the glory we've all been awaiting.

Oh yeah, maybe we should resurrect ole' Arny. 8)

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:29 pm

I asked the 8 Ball if A'nold would get WUSTL. It said "Maybe." I asked it "Why not?" and it replied "Yes."

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Tanicius wrote:I asked the 8 Ball if A'nold would get WUSTL. It said "Maybe." I asked it "Why not?" and it replied "Yes."

See, that's the exact type of logic I've been dealing with lately. :)

habaptist

Postby habaptist » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 pm

out at harvard and yale and no news whatsoever from BC...starting to think I might be out there as well

samiseaborn

Postby samiseaborn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm actually making it through the day just on the knowledge that I haven't been rejected by Columbia yet. I have no real hope of getting in, but this has been such a lousy week I'm actually grateful for NOT getting any mail. It's pathetic, I know.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:30 pm

samiseaborn wrote:I'm actually making it through the day just on the knowledge that I haven't been rejected by Columbia yet. I have no real hope of getting in, but this has been such a lousy week I'm actually grateful for NOT getting any mail. It's pathetic, I know.

Yeah, I hear yah. You know what freaking messed up? I can't even check the mailbox with hope b/c I know my Vandy rejection is in the mail, haha. I also know that the rest of my schools (except for UW) accept by email so anything in the mail will be bad...........How could ZERO of the schools I actually have a shot at gotten back to me yet? There are six left. SIX. I would think I would have been rejected or accepted by now. How could I be such a marginal candidate that every single target school is holding my app, haha? This is crazy!

samiseaborn

Postby samiseaborn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Maybe, maybe they all love your app so much that they're passing it around to make sure everyone gets a read before they accept you?

I'm getting really good at making things up to feel better at this point.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:45 pm

samiseaborn wrote:Maybe, maybe they all love your app so much that they're passing it around to make sure everyone gets a read before they accept you?

I mean, is it even possible that I will not hear by at least one of Hastings, UW, Emory, Notre Dame, WUSTL, or Minnesota by Friday, July 23? I wonder what the odds of such a thing would have been when I went complete over a month ago at most of these schools.

solidsnake

Postby solidsnake » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:49 pm

A'nold wrote:
samiseaborn wrote:Maybe, maybe they all love your app so much that they're passing it around to make sure everyone gets a read before they accept you?

I mean, is it even possible that I will not hear by at least one of Hastings, UW, Emory, Notre Dame, WUSTL, or Minnesota by Friday, July 23? I wonder what the odds of such a thing would have been when I went complete over a month ago at most of these schools.

This has been a rough cycle for all of us, and plenty of people here who would have been autoadmits any other year found themselves staring at a three-sentence rejection email. That said, if you haven't heard anything by this point, it probably means you are on reserve in case a spot opens up.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 pm

solidsnake wrote:
A'nold wrote:

This has been a rough cycle for all of us, and plenty of people here who would have been autoadmits any other year found themselves staring at a three-sentence rejection email. That said, if you haven't heard anything by this point, it probably means you are on reserve in case a spot opens up.

Thanks for the honesty. In that case, I wish schools waitlisted such applicants. It'd be nice to know that I'm waitlisted at 5 schools so I could have some piece of mind and better plan the next few weeks.

samiseaborn

Postby samiseaborn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:55 pm

A'nold wrote:
Thanks for the honesty. In that case, I wish schools waitlisted such applicants. It'd be nice to know that I'm waitlisted at 5 schools so I could have some piece of mind and better plan the next few weeks.

how does a waitlist help you plan? I've got one and it all it did was make me hesitant to sign a lease anywhere/increase the possibility of homelessness/help grow my ulcer from this whole process.

Return to “Transfers”