The "In Nowhere" Club

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:05 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
A'nold wrote:Talk w/out reading much? There are two sections in my 1L class. Our sections were stacked according to LSAT scores/schollies on a top 1/3 contingency. I was even willing to concede that while immoral, it is not unforeseeable. BUT, what some of you fail to realize, my section was curved to below a 2.7 and the other section around a 3.0.


wtf, some shit school has different curves for different sections? Um why?


B/c the school is so great that they decided to not implement an "official" curve. I mean, wasn't that so kind hearted of the administration?

Mr.Kappus: yeah, because a section being absolutely stacked w/ the scholly kids AND a curve discrepancy of 3.0 in the non-stacked section compared to a 2.67 for the section with the high numbered kids is a matter of "universal fairness." I think you might actually be retarded.

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby MrKappus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:05 pm

A'nold wrote:
MrKappus wrote:
A'nold wrote:BUT, what some of you fail to realize, my section was curved to below a 2.7 and the other section around a 3.0.


The stacked section's curve keeps fluctuating. First it was 2.5, then 2.6, now it's "below a 2.7." A few more weeks on TLS and maybe the sections' curves will be equal?


Another example of you liking to hear yourself talk. ONE of my classes was graded to under a 2.5. I've said that the section is curved to a 2.67 which is under a 2.7, thus making your post absolutely retarded. Convicted alt?


A'nold wrote:Mrkappus: why don't you try seeing who you are posting to before making such a stupid blanket statement? I am not a conspiracy theorist. Facts are facts. My section was screwed this year, plain and simple. How would you like it if you were put in a section that curved to like a 2.5 and the other section curved to a 3.0 and only like 4 out of the top 20 students were in your section and only 1 or 2 students from your section graded onto LR? Then, would you feel it was fair if you found out that your section had much higher LSAT scores on average + more schollies w/ a top 1/3 requirement?

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Too bad the thread went this way. I've tried to refrain from posting but just can't let some of the idiotic things I'm seeing posted stand.

Lock? I'd be for it, which is unfortunate, b/c the thread could have been very helpful for those still waiting. Congrats convicted, your continuous trolling of my posts has derailed yet another thread.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:08 pm

MrKappus wrote:
A'nold wrote:
MrKappus wrote:
A'nold wrote:BUT, what some of you fail to realize, my section was curved to below a 2.7 and the other section around a 3.0.


The stacked section's curve keeps fluctuating. First it was 2.5, then 2.6, now it's "below a 2.7." A few more weeks on TLS and maybe the sections' curves will be equal?


Another example of you liking to hear yourself talk. ONE of my classes was graded to under a 2.5. I've said that the section is curved to a 2.67 which is under a 2.7, thus making your post absolutely retarded. Convicted alt?


A'nold wrote:Mrkappus: why don't you try seeing who you are posting to before making such a stupid blanket statement? I am not a conspiracy theorist. Facts are facts. My section was screwed this year, plain and simple. How would you like it if you were put in a section that curved to like a 2.5 and the other section curved to a 3.0 and only like 4 out of the top 20 students were in your section and only 1 or 2 students from your section graded onto LR? Then, would you feel it was fair if you found out that your section had much higher LSAT scores on average + more schollies w/ a top 1/3 requirement?


OMG, pwned by a typo hunter. :roll:

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:08 pm

betasteve wrote:
convicted wrote:
Nah. It's just most convenient to write here. It's true -- I don't give a damn to dig up old quotes from A'nold where he mocks rape victims. If you'd look, you'll find him believing that I am a victim of rape, and in this very thread, you'll find him mocking me for it. I'm not sensitive though, so I really don't mind much. This is mostly just sport for me. I don't find it entertaining to dig up old posts, so I'll leave that to you, if you desire. Or, you can just ban me, or you can continue to look like a semi-literate moron. The opportunities for you are wide, my friend! I'm sure the other TTT morons here will jump to your protection as well, as they are known to do.

Actually you just got banned for using proxy servers. For claiming to be smart - you're not very bright.


What were his alts, out of curiosity?

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby MrKappus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:11 pm

A'nold wrote:OMG, pwned by a typo hunter. :roll:


You said the curve was a 2.5. Then you said it was a 2.7. That's all my "retarded" post said in the first place.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:13 pm

MrKappus wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:wtf, some shit school has different curves for different sections? Um why?


No one promised you universal fairness.


So, you see that this is an unfair policy by the school, but you think it's justifiable under some high school gym teacher's grand philosophy of "life isn't fair, nancy." Good show.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:13 pm

A'nold wrote:Haha. And, do you know what the sad thing is? Convicted has built up this sense of "me against the world" viewpoint that is so irrational that he attacks one of the people on this board that would support him 100% for turning his life around. Convicted is a horrible representative of "look where I've come from and what I've accomplished even though I am a felon." He proves over and over again through his posts that he has the maturity level common to many people that find themselves in prison and doesn't take responsibility for their actions. You are not a victim convicted. Somebody else was a victim at your hands, and you've now made a life for yourself. YOUR attitude about that will sink you if you don't start acting like a victim yourself. Just admit your shortcomings, apologize, move on and prove to others that you are a changed person. You will likely get great support from the majority of people.

+Eleventy Billion!!

The first contact I had with convicted was a reply to one of my posts recommending the OP consult his local bar association in regards to his C&F situation. Convicted jumped on me out of no where and was a complete and total dick. "Hatred in their hearts".... that's golden. Something about glass houses and some pot and kettle comes to mind.

If we hadn't had the start to our TLS relationship we did, I'm 100% positive I would have been supportive. But, beyond his felonious past, he's been nothing but 100% around douchetard here.

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby MrKappus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
MrKappus wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:wtf, some shit school has different curves for different sections? Um why?


No one promised you universal fairness.


So, you see that this is an unfair policy by the school, but you think it's justifiable under some high school gym teacher's grand philosophy of "life isn't fair, nancy." Good show.


Where'd I say it's justifiable?

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
A'nold wrote:Haha. And, do you know what the sad thing is? Convicted has built up this sense of "me against the world" viewpoint that is so irrational that he attacks one of the people on this board that would support him 100% for turning his life around. Convicted is a horrible representative of "look where I've come from and what I've accomplished even though I am a felon." He proves over and over again through his posts that he has the maturity level common to many people that find themselves in prison and doesn't take responsibility for their actions. You are not a victim convicted. Somebody else was a victim at your hands, and you've now made a life for yourself. YOUR attitude about that will sink you if you don't start acting like a victim yourself. Just admit your shortcomings, apologize, move on and prove to others that you are a changed person. You will likely get great support from the majority of people.

+Eleventy Billion!!

The first contact I had with convicted was a reply to one of my posts recommending the OP consult his local bar association in regards to his C&F situation. Convicted jumped on me out of no where and was a complete and total dick. "Hatred in their hearts".... that's golden. Something about glass houses and some pot and kettle comes to mind.

If we hadn't had the start to our TLS relationship we did, I'm 100% positive I would have been supportive. But, beyond his felonious past, he's been nothing but 100% around douchetard here.


Hey matlock! We once again find ourselves in a convicted hijacked thread. Since we are already so off topic, wazzaaaaap man? :)

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:25 pm

A'nold wrote:
Hey matlock! We once again find ourselves in a convicted hijacked thread. Since we are already so off topic, wazzaaaaap man? :)

Just set up my new desk and work space! Getting ready for the grind my friend. I believe we'll be hearing positive things from you within the next 2 weeks my friend!!! :D

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:27 pm

MrKappus wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
MrKappus wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:wtf, some shit school has different curves for different sections? Um why?


No one promised you universal fairness.


So, you see that this is an unfair policy by the school, but you think it's justifiable under some high school gym teacher's grand philosophy of "life isn't fair, nancy." Good show.


Where'd I say it's justifiable?


D. H2Oman asked why the school had that policy, you said because life isn't fair (i.e. justified by fact that life isn't fair), seeming to excuse the school's behavior because life is tough. I think Waterman was looking for an actual answer to his question, and I would like to know as well, why these schools curve GPAs in sections differently. Your answer, that the universe is unfair, doesn't seem really helpful.
Last edited by Bildungsroman on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
A'nold wrote:
Hey matlock! We once again find ourselves in a convicted hijacked thread. Since we are already so off topic, wazzaaaaap man? :)

Just set up my new desk and work space! Getting ready for the grind my friend. I believe we'll be hearing positive things from you within the next 2 weeks my friend!!! :D


Did you use Matthies' door for a desk idea?

User avatar
joobacca
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby joobacca » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:30 pm

what did your school say about this section stacking. stacking the section is whatever to me, but the curve thing is kind of f'd. just curious what administration said if you brought it up

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:30 pm

MrKappus wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
MrKappus wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
No one promised you universal fairness.


So, you see that this is an unfair policy by the school, but you think it's justifiable under some high school gym teacher's grand philosophy of "life isn't fair, nancy." Good show.


Where'd I say it's justifiable?


D. H2Oman asked why the school had that policy, you said because life isn't fair (i.e. justified by fact that life isn't fair). I think Waterman was looking for an actual answer to his question, and I would like to know as well, why these schools curve GPAs in sections differently. Your answer, that the universe is unfair, doesn't seem really helpful.


The only reason he responded this way is b/c he obviously has some sort of vendetta against my apparent "whining" even though, like I've said all along, I'd love for any one person to be on the receiving end of such a policy and pop out the "life isn't fair" saying when your entire future is on the line. All of this boils down to the fact that my section rank is MUCH more indicative of my true potential. Sure, two people in my section whooped my ass. Hats off to them. But the barely literate in the other section with a higher overall GPA based entirely off of an unfair grading policy.......not so much.

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby MrKappus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:D. H2Oman asked why the school had that policy, you said because life isn't fair (i.e. justified by fact that life isn't fair), seeming to excuse the school's behavior because life is tough. I think Waterman was looking for an actual answer to his question, and I would like to know as well, why these schools curve GPAs in sections differently. Your answer, that the universe is unfair, doesn't seem really helpful.


No.

"Because" =/= "justified by the fact..."
Last edited by MrKappus on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:32 pm

joobacca wrote:what did your school say about this section stacking. stacking the section is whatever to me, but the curve thing is kind of f'd. just curious what administration said if you brought it up


They gave the stock response: "it's all random." Lulz at the idea that every single one of the practices singling out all the scholly peeps was just a coincidence.

Edit: on the bright side, certain schools have already expressed surprise at this grading practice and seem favorable to looking more at my section rank. Others will likely take the illogical mr.kappus side. Whatevs. I have a good internship, good grades, etc. Life will be o.k. :)
Last edited by A'nold on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:32 pm

MrKappus wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:D. H2Oman asked why the school had that policy, you said because life isn't fair (i.e. justified by fact that life isn't fair), seeming to excuse the school's behavior because life is tough. I think Waterman was looking for an actual answer to his question, and I would like to know as well, why these schools curve GPAs in sections differently. Your answer, that the universe is unfair, doesn't seem really helpful.


No.


Well, then I guess I misinterpreted your comment as being as douchey as every other comment I've seen you make. My bad.

Edit: You really want to argue linguistic semantics here?
Last edited by Bildungsroman on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
joobacca
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby joobacca » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:33 pm

A'nold wrote:
joobacca wrote:what did your school say about this section stacking. stacking the section is whatever to me, but the curve thing is kind of f'd. just curious what administration said if you brought it up


They gave the stock response: "it's all random." Lulz at the idea that every single one of the practices singling out all the scholly peeps was just a coincidence.


was not clear. was curious about the response to different curve standard, which is whack.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:35 pm

joobacca wrote:
A'nold wrote:
joobacca wrote:what did your school say about this section stacking. stacking the section is whatever to me, but the curve thing is kind of f'd. just curious what administration said if you brought it up


They gave the stock response: "it's all random." Lulz at the idea that every single one of the practices singling out all the scholly peeps was just a coincidence.


was not clear. was curious about the response to different curve standard, which is whack.


No, seriously, that is what they said. They said that it was just a coincidence that most of my section's prof's graded so low and the other section graded so high.

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby MrKappus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Well, then I guess I misinterpreted your comment as being as douchey as every other comment I've seen you make. My bad.

Edit: You really want to argue linguistic semantics here?


If your argument's "'Because' means 'Justified by the fact,'" then I'd be more than willing argue "linguistic semantics" with you. You should chill.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:38 pm

A'nold wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
A'nold wrote:
Hey matlock! We once again find ourselves in a convicted hijacked thread. Since we are already so off topic, wazzaaaaap man? :)

Just set up my new desk and work space! Getting ready for the grind my friend. I believe we'll be hearing positive things from you within the next 2 weeks my friend!!! :D


Did you use Matthies' door for a desk idea?

No, it would have been a bit too long for my space. Went with this:

Image

It' will fit 2 monitors nicely with a bit of space to spare. I also have a file cabinet top to spread out on as well.

User avatar
joobacca
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby joobacca » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:39 pm

A'nold wrote:
joobacca wrote:
A'nold wrote:
joobacca wrote:what did your school say about this section stacking. stacking the section is whatever to me, but the curve thing is kind of f'd. just curious what administration said if you brought it up


They gave the stock response: "it's all random." Lulz at the idea that every single one of the practices singling out all the scholly peeps was just a coincidence.


was not clear. was curious about the response to different curve standard, which is whack.


No, seriously, that is what they said. They said that it was just a coincidence that most of my section's prof's graded so low and the other section graded so high.


so i think the policy at my school (t2) is that each professor can curve to a max of 3.0. every professor pretty much curves his/her class to 3.0 or some number really close (like 2.9). so is your school like that? and then the professors just curved lower? i would think that your professors are dicks if that's the case.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby A'nold » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:40 pm

A'nold wrote:
joobacca wrote:
A'nold wrote:
joobacca wrote:They gave the stock response: "it's all random." Lulz at the idea that every single one of the practices singling out all the scholly peeps was just a coincidence.


was not clear. was curious about the response to different curve standard, which is whack.


No, seriously, that is what they said. They said that it was just a coincidence that most of my section's prof's graded so low and the other section graded so high.


so i think the policy at my school (t2) is that each professor can curve to a max of 3.0. every professor pretty much curves his/her class to 3.0 or some number really close (like 2.9). so is your school like that? and then the professors just curved lower? i would think that your professors are dicks if that's the case.


One of our professors decided to really make things interesting by curving to a 2.4, lulz (a sad lulz). Yeah, it seems like a 3.0 is the max.

User avatar
joobacca
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Postby joobacca » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:42 pm

i would poo in his sandwhich. that is so dick... dude has to know the consequences of this to his students... sorry to hear man.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.