The "In Nowhere" Club Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jlockhart6

Bronze

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Post by jlockhart6 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 pm

A'nold wrote:0 for 4 now with GULC.
Sorry to hear that man, nine schools left though still to hear back from, keep the faith, still early in July.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:44 pm

jlockhart6 wrote:
Sorry to hear that man, nine schools left though still to hear back from, keep the faith, still early in July.
Yeah and b/c of my 2nd semester fiasco t14 was likely out anyway. Still, I'd love to hear good news from at least one school ASAP, haha.

The thing that worries me a little is that there have been many "top 20%, lowever t2 and t3" admits to WUSTL and Minn. I easily fall into at least strong consider territory according to transferapps and these admits.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:33 pm

man im getting worried...
I might not get in any schools now that i got rejected from georgetown....
ucla,vandy,usc

A'nold wrote:
jlockhart6 wrote:
Yeah and b/c of my 2nd semester fiasco t14 was likely out anyway. Still, I'd love to hear good news from at least one school ASAP, haha.

The thing that worries me a little is that there have been many "top 20%, lowever t2 and t3" admits to WUSTL and Minn. I easily fall into at least strong consider territory according to transferapps and these admits.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:37 pm

thexfactor wrote:man im getting worried...
I might not get in any schools now that i got rejected from georgetown....
ucla,vandy,usc

A'nold wrote:
jlockhart6 wrote:

Man, this sucks. All we need is for ONE school to say yes.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:26 pm

So, I just had this realization that I'm not going to be accepted anywhere. I should have applied to Arizona and Tulane, for safeties.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

documentaryjunkie

New

Post by documentaryjunkie » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:07 pm

A'nold wrote:So, I just had this realization that I'm not going to be accepted anywhere. I should have applied to Arizona and Tulane, for safeties.
keep your chin up! also, if you think this is really likely, then you may want to start looking for other schools with later deadlines on lsac (don't know of any in that range off the top of my head, but they may be around).

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:25 pm

documentaryjunkie wrote:
A'nold wrote:So, I just had this realization that I'm not going to be accepted anywhere. I should have applied to Arizona and Tulane, for safeties.
keep your chin up! also, if you think this is really likely, then you may want to start looking for other schools with later deadlines on lsac (don't know of any in that range off the top of my head, but they may be around).
I am so tempted to do that, but I decided going in that I would only apply to schools that I would easily leave my ttt for and decided that 13 schools, 7 of which are top 20 or lower, would give me enough of a safety blanket. I actually sort of like my life at my ttt, just absolutely hate the school. Have a good 1L internship and a good ranking, so at least there's that.

documentaryjunkie

New

Post by documentaryjunkie » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:32 pm

A'nold wrote: I am so tempted to do that, but I decided going in that I would only apply to schools that I would easily leave my ttt for and decided that 13 schools, 7 of which are top 20 or lower, would give me enough of a safety blanket. I actually sort of like my life at my ttt, just absolutely hate the school. Have a good 1L internship and a good ranking, so at least there's that.

At the end of the day, its about what makes each of us happy. And having a good internship is key. If you can network with local attorneys and make a life for yourself there, it may end up being a better life than if you had transferred.

transplantedbuckeye

Bronze

Post by transplantedbuckeye » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:14 pm

A'nold wrote:
documentaryjunkie wrote:
I am so tempted to do that, but I decided going in that I would only apply to schools that I would easily leave my ttt for and decided that 13 schools, 7 of which are top 20 or lower, would give me enough of a safety blanket. I actually sort of like my life at my ttt, just absolutely hate the school. Have a good 1L internship and a good ranking, so at least there's that.
Ohio State?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:16 pm

transplantedbuckeye wrote:
A'nold wrote:
documentaryjunkie wrote:
Ohio State?
Isn't Ohio State stingy w/ transfers?

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:19 pm

A'nold, keep your head up; it's still early in the season.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:23 pm

solidsnake wrote:A'nold, keep your head up; it's still early in the season.
Thanks but it feels so freakin late though all of a sudden. Last week I was getting nervous but I thought for sure I'd hear something this week. Then I hear about people with lower class ranks or similar nailing acceptances left and right to the same schools I applied to......really makes me wonder if I got a horrific LOR or something.

pocket herc

Bronze

Post by pocket herc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:27 pm

A'nold, you attend a t-3 school, top 15%. I am not diminishing your accomplishments, but you have to accept that you are not an auto-admit for most of the schools, maybe even all of the schools, that you applied to. That being said, I think you will at least gain one acceptance, very likely more, you just have to be patient.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:36 pm

pocket herc wrote:A'nold, you attend a t-3 school, top 15%. I am not diminishing your accomplishments, but you have to accept that you are not an auto-admit for most of the schools, maybe even all of the schools, that you applied to. That being said, I think you will at least gain one acceptance, very likely more, you just have to be patient.
Dude, I appreciate the sentiment, but trust me, I do not need to be lectured on my chances. I know fully well, probably better than almost anyone else, what my chances at each school are/were. What's freaking me out is that I haven't heard from any of the schools where students with equal to lesser #'s than me are getting accepted left and right. This week at least seemed like a prime opportunity to hear from one of the bazillion target/slight reach schools I applied to. I have a very hard time waiting, but especially so with this process. I have a family to move with me and my school is pressuring me to sign up for OCI and get financial aid crap in order. ONE damn school would be nice.

/rant.

selfloathingtransfer

Bronze

Post by selfloathingtransfer » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Well . . . I am above top 10% at a T4 and I was rejected by Tulane last week. There are numerous reasons why this could have happened, but I was slightly/moderately surprised. I didn't exactly consider Tulane a "safety," but I was moderately confident I would get in there. Maybe I was deluding myself the whole time, but I am very grateful that I applied to a similarly ranked school that took me. At least I know I can go there while waiting to hear from other schools.
Last edited by selfloathingtransfer on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pocket herc

Bronze

Post by pocket herc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:41 pm

haha, ok, that is all understandable.

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:34 pm

A'nold wrote:
Thanks but it feels so freakin late though all of a sudden.
Regardless of how it "feels," it's not late. COB 7/16 marks the halfway point of the season. This thread shouldn't have even been made until after then (assuming not moot by that point).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:06 pm

solidsnake wrote:
A'nold wrote:
Regardless of how it "feels," it's not late. COB 7/16 marks the halfway point of the season. This thread shouldn't have even been made until after then (assuming not moot by that point).
But it "feels" like schools have already made all of their decisions. :wink: *insert whiny 5 year old voice*

traydeuce

Silver

Post by traydeuce » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:08 pm

A'nold wrote:
solidsnake wrote:
A'nold wrote:
But it "feels" like schools have already made all of their decisions. :wink: *insert whiny 5 year old voice*
Yeah, I'm starting to get nervous with some of the Columbia/Penn/NYU/Harvard admissions that have started happening. That said, I just went complete at Penn today, am incomplete at Columbia and NYU, and certainly didn't expect to be one of the first people taken at Harvard. Hopefully we'll be admitted places next week.

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:10 pm

A'nold wrote:
solidsnake wrote:
A'nold wrote:
Go back in your room!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:14 pm

A'nold wrote:
solidsnake wrote:
A'nold wrote:
solidsnake wrote:
Go back in your room!
Haha. When are you going to hear from Yale about your acceptance? :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bradley

New

Post by bradley » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:29 pm

[/quote]

Yeah, I'm starting to get nervous with some of the Columbia/Penn/NYU/Harvard admissions that have started happening. That said, I just went complete at Penn today, am incomplete at Columbia and NYU, and certainly didn't expect to be one of the first people taken at Harvard. Hopefully we'll be admitted places next week.[/quote]

You better hope adcomms aren't reading this site (and there's a very good chance they are). Most schools don't want to add a guy who would be pissed at anywhere under Harvard who hates the law and wants to get out of the profession; not to mention somebody who is so "confident."

rahonlrck

New

Post by rahonlrck » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:13 pm

A'nold wrote:
you should've applied to a few more safeties I guess. Auto-admits look like they've already been admitted in some schools like Columbia and Berkeley, I haven't kept track of anything other than t14, but I would've applied to a lot lower ranked schools if I was applying w/ your stats (top 10% at t3 or something), you seem to acknowledge that t14 was out of reach anyway, can you tell us where you applied as a safety?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:27 pm

rahonlrck wrote:
A'nold wrote:
you should've applied to a few more safeties I guess. Auto-admits look like they've already been admitted in some schools like Columbia and Berkeley, I haven't kept track of anything other than t14, but I would've applied to a lot lower ranked schools if I was applying w/ your stats (top 10% at t3 or something), you seem to acknowledge that t14 was out of reach anyway, can you tell us where you applied as a safety?
You aren't another troll are you? If you are real, I applied to many targets like WUSTL, Minn., and Hastings.

kevzez

New

Post by kevzez » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:02 pm

Well a new week starts in a couple of hours and I wish everyone in this category the best of luck with their cycle. I know schools still have a decent amount of acceptances left.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”