Anyone Who Transferd from Florida Coastal Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
trialjunky

Silver

Re: Anyone Who Transferd from Florida Coastal

Post by trialjunky » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:53 am

drwho97, I want to strike out so much of your writing...it's just too hard to choose. My bestfriend is at Coastal and is attempting to transfer out as we speak. He's miserable and he's repeatedly told me that he wish he would have taken a year off to retake the LSAT because the lack of oppourtunities. I'm not elitist but some schools should just be closed all together...this is one of them.

retake or just don't go.

afterglow99

New

Post by afterglow99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:55 am

People need to keep in mind that tuition at FC is only 16,000. I wouldn't advise going there, but at least they don't charge T14 prices like some bottom feeders. I don't know where everyone is getting this 30k/yr info.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:58 am

afterglow99 wrote:People need to keep in mind that tuition at FC is only 16,000. I wouldn't advise going there, but at least they don't charge T14 prices like some bottom feeders. I don't know where everyone is getting this 30k/yr info.

That's per semester. RC Failure
Fall 2010 Semester:
Tuiton & Fees Due Aug. 16 (Finance & Administration - room 390)
Full-Time Students (13-16 credit hours)
Tuition: $16,574
General Fee: $782
SBA Dues: $35

TOTAL: $17,391

Spring 2011 Semester:
Tuiton & Fees Due Jan. 11 (Finance & Administration - room 390)

That makes it $34,784.

afterglow99

New

Post by afterglow99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:01 am

trialjunky wrote:
afterglow99 wrote:People need to keep in mind that tuition at FC is only 16,000. I wouldn't advise going there, but at least they don't charge T14 prices like some bottom feeders. I don't know where everyone is getting this 30k/yr info.

That's per semester. RC Failure
Fall 2010 Semester:
Tuiton & Fees Due Aug. 16 (Finance & Administration - room 390)

Spring 2011 Semester:
Tuiton & Fees Due Jan. 11 (Finance & Administration - room 390)

That makes it $34,784.

lol wow my bad, yeah don't go there...

edit - FIU is the cheap one, go there if you must go somewhere.

Jay

New

Post by Jay » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:40 pm

Machine spirit
What's that suppose to mean? Are you suggesting I got in because of some factor about my race or gender? I will tell you now watch your mouth and sarcasm... I am only here to share my perspective with the OP. I would suggest you re- read the Supreme Court opinion on the Michigan case.
And for the record, application to law school was not a piece of cake for me. Had a strong GPA but low LSAT, but I did not go into the process thinking I would get special consideration because of my race and gender. So when I realized the school I chose was not for me I worked hard to get out, point blank. It's pricks like you that keeps the perception of AA the way it is. Get your life together son.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Post by Machine Spirit » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Jay wrote:Machine spirit
What's that suppose to mean? Are you suggesting I got in because of some factor about my race or gender? I will tell you now watch your mouth and sarcasm... I am only here to share my perspective with the OP. I would suggest you re- read the Supreme Court opinion on the Michigan case.
And for the record, application to law school was not a piece of cake for me. Had a strong GPA but low LSAT, but I did not go into the process thinking I would get special consideration because of my race and gender. So when I realized the school I chose was not for me I worked hard to get out, point blank. It's pricks like you that keeps the perception of AA the way it is. Get your life together son.
This really isn't the thread to be discussing that subject, so I probably should have ignored your brief aside. Regardless, even a cursory viewing of SAT/GPA/LSAT figures for URM candidates to undergraduate or graduate institutions demonstrates what I was inferring. You also seem to be misconstruing the holding of the Bollinger case; it only found that a specific quota and/or point system was too "rigid" or mechanical to pass constitutional muster. It said nothing about doing away with affirmative action; it in fact recognized that schools may provide additional considerations based upon race. Go ahead and read the cases again, add Bakke to your list, and let's not discuss this issue here any longer.

Jay

New

Post by Jay » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Look, I know what the holding of the case was and it's implications (race can still be a consideration but not sole deciding factor) but essentially whether in theory or pratcice there is no more AA. And I was not advocating a discussion about it either, you took time out to highlight that part of my advice to the OP and I didn't appreciate your cynical tone. You started down that path so don't start something thinking I would not respond. And I don't need to reference the Bakke case either because it has since been shown to be an unpopular decision which has been addressed in subsequent cases. If you have something useful advice to the OP about transferring from FCSOL then I suggest you give it and stop talking me.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:44 pm

Machine Spirit wrote:
rad law wrote:3 summers as a legal assistant/paralegal.
Wait, let me guess, you organized case briefs, wrote pleadings indices, and maybe took depo notes. *slow clap*
No.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”