Urgent Advice Needed

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JR233270
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:26 am

Urgent Advice Needed

Postby JR233270 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi All,

I was accepted at American University WCL the other day as a transfer student. I am still waiting to hear back from GW and GULC. GULC is a complete reach but GW is definitely attainable (I'm making this assertion based on the information in the Yahoo Transferapps Group). American told me that I must let them know of my decision whether to attend or decline their offer before the end of the week.

Do you think I should call GW and GULC and tell them of my situation? I would rather go to GW or GULC and if I were accepted at either I would go in a heartbeat. I don't want to pay the American seat deposit ($900) only to have GW call me next week and offer me a seat. Is it common for transfer applicants to call and ask for a rushed decision or anything of that sort?

Please give me some advice.

Thanks!

-JR

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Urgent Advice Needed

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:23 pm

Yes, you should communicate with the admissions personnel at GWU & GULC before the end of this week.

User avatar
animalcrkrs
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: Urgent Advice Needed

Postby animalcrkrs » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Can't hurt to call and tell them your situation. Then at least they have the chance to make a quick decision and you have a chance to take the offer on the table with American or wait it out....congrats!

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Urgent Advice Needed

Postby thexfactor » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:25 pm

How are your grades?
Wait until the end of hte week and call them to accept it. Then mail in the check a couple days late to buy some time.
Dont rush GW. Worst case just pay the 900 deposit.

JR233270 wrote:Hi All,

I was accepted at American University WCL the other day as a transfer student. I am still waiting to hear back from GW and GULC. GULC is a complete reach but GW is definitely attainable (I'm making this assertion based on the information in the Yahoo Transferapps Group). American told me that I must let them know of my decision whether to attend or decline their offer before the end of the week.

Do you think I should call GW and GULC and tell them of my situation? I would rather go to GW or GULC and if I were accepted at either I would go in a heartbeat. I don't want to pay the American seat deposit ($900) only to have GW call me next week and offer me a seat. Is it common for transfer applicants to call and ask for a rushed decision or anything of that sort?

Please give me some advice.

Thanks!

-JR

iheartlaw
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: Urgent Advice Needed

Postby iheartlaw » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:26 pm

is there anyway you can ask for an extension? tell them there are personal issues you are dealing with, and may not be able to commit by the end of this week, and that you would greatly appreciate some more time... blah blah blah.

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Urgent Advice Needed

Postby thexfactor » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:35 pm

just saw your stats. According to yhoo transfer aps I think youre in at GW. Dont rush them.
No chance at GULC.

CMR
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:58 am

Re: Urgent Advice Needed

Postby CMR » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Advice urgently needed.

Urgent: Advice Needed.

Urgently need advice.

Advice needed urgently.

Need advice urgently.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.