Stanford Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
pandacot

Bronze

Re: Stanford

Post by pandacot » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:44 pm

arstech wrote:That's rational. I guess I just don't see what information you'd convey to them that wouldn't be more appropriately placed in your personal statement.
I see your point in a way. I guess my main reservation was that I'm applying from a T3 school. I want him, and everyone else there, to know that I REALLY want this opportunity and that I can contribute to the SLS community. I want them to know how I fit into the SLS puzzle.

If I was transferring from T14, then I think it might be a lost effort and your point is very valid. However, trying to transfer from my LS (which doesn't have a person on record transferring to SLS) is a huge jump. I just had to give it my all. I did, and we'll see where the acceptances fall.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”