In @ Michigan!! Tier 3 to top 10

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
CMR

Re: In @ Michigan!! Tier 3 to top 10

Postby CMR » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 pm

This brings up a question that I've been curious about WRT Berkeley as well - the way they do these rolling acceptances, if your application is complete well before the first round and you don't get the call, if you haven't been dinged does that mean you're still on the proverbial table, and they're waiting to see who declines their offer of admission? Or rather do they just ding people en masse for the sake of expedience at the end of the summer?

Congrats, goft!

Edit - UPS guy just buzzed me with a package from NewEgg I had forgotten about. Took me a second to notice it was a box :).

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:55 pm

jlockhart6 wrote:So I am at a tier 3 very near MI, top 2-3% and just got a phone call from admissions accepting me to their transfer class for this upcoming fall! I was going to apply to higher (Columbia, NYU, Chicago), but seeings Michigan is a fabulous school very near my home, I don't really think it is worth the few spots higher in the rankings, wasn't sure if the few spots higher made a huge difference if it wasn't HYS.

lol, you mean Utoledo?

Congrats on your acceptance!

pandacot

Postby pandacot » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Congrats Jeremy. What was your final GPA?

grobbelski

Postby grobbelski » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Congrats! Here's hoping I can join you in the fall!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:27 pm

mistergoft wrote:IN. Floored.

T50, top 5-10%, closer to 5.

Congratulations! I love happy news.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:57 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
mistergoft wrote:IN. Floored.

T50, top 5-10%, closer to 5.

Congratulations! I love happy news.

+1. These threads make me so happy.

OS - I'm happy I'm not the only one trolling these threads, haha.

adamquigley9

Postby adamquigley9 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:49 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:
jlockhart6 wrote:So I am at a tier 3 very near MI, top 2-3% and just got a phone call from admissions accepting me to their transfer class for this upcoming fall! I was going to apply to higher (Columbia, NYU, Chicago), but seeings Michigan is a fabulous school very near my home, I don't really think it is worth the few spots higher in the rankings, wasn't sure if the few spots higher made a huge difference if it wasn't HYS.

lol, you mean Utoledo?

Maybe Wayne State? Either way, congrats! Not going to law school just to transfer, but UT and WSU are both schools I would love to attend, regardless if I'm there for 1 year or 3...but wow, that's pretty amazing, good luck!!

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:55 pm

adamquigley9 wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:

lol, you mean Utoledo?

Maybe Wayne State?

WSU is in Detroit...

adamquigley9

Postby adamquigley9 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:12 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:
adamquigley9 wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:

lol, you mean Utoledo?

Maybe Wayne State?

WSU is in Detroit...

I know that, I live 20 minutes from it...T3 very near MI/UM...they mean the same thing, at least to us...

jlockhart6

Postby jlockhart6 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:50 pm

betasteve wrote:Mich accepts: Anything interesting/cool in your acceptance packages? Anything about OCI?

There was a Michigan law portfolio full of info and brochures, and a Michigan Law flashdisk drive with a pretty cool video. I just accepted my seat today and she told me at the admissions office they would be sending me another pack/info of stuff detailing OCI shortly.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Did you tell them that Ole A'nold would gladly give up two, count them TWO appendanges of their choice if they accept me......?

CMR

Postby CMR » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 am

jlockhart6 wrote:
betasteve wrote:Mich accepts: Anything interesting/cool in your acceptance packages? Anything about OCI?

There was a Michigan law portfolio full of info and brochures, and a Michigan Law flashdisk drive with a pretty cool video. I just accepted my seat today and she told me at the admissions office they would be sending me another pack/info of stuff detailing OCI shortly.

If you receive any materials regarding clerking, I'd be very interested to hear about them - that's one of the big reasons I'm all grade school for UMich.

jlockhart6

Postby jlockhart6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 am

CMR wrote:
jlockhart6 wrote:

If you receive any materials regarding clerking, I'd be very interested to hear about them - that's one of the big reasons I'm all grade school for UMich.

I'll be sure to post if I do, aside from proximity that was the biggest reason Michigan was my top choice too.

jlockhart6

Postby jlockhart6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:36 am

A'nold wrote:Did you tell them that Ole A'nold would gladly give up two, count them TWO appendanges of their choice if they accept me......?

Hahah - I'll be sure to let them know the next time I am up in Ann Arbor ... goodluck with all your apps man!

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:54 am

CMR wrote:
jlockhart6 wrote:

If you haven't seen this already, --LinkRemoved--

jlockhart6

Postby jlockhart6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 am

holydonkey wrote:
CMR wrote:
jlockhart6 wrote:

This is a great post, thanks!

stinger35

Postby stinger35 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 am

Anyone else just not get a status checker? I talked to admissions person who said they have everything and I'll be complete in the next day or so but I am trying to figure out what to make of the fact that I didn't get one....

yeahlawschool

Postby yeahlawschool » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:55 am

stinger35 wrote:Anyone else just not get a status checker? I talked to admissions person who said they have everything and I'll be complete in the next day or so but I am trying to figure out what to make of the fact that I didn't get one....

you should check ur spam box, everyone should. I didnt think I got one but found it in my spam folder.

stinger35

Postby stinger35 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 am

yeahlawschool wrote:
stinger35 wrote:Anyone else just not get a status checker? I talked to admissions person who said they have everything and I'll be complete in the next day or so but I am trying to figure out what to make of the fact that I didn't get one....

you should check ur spam box, everyone should. I didnt think I got one but found it in my spam folder.

No dice. Thanks for the suggestion though.

maybe they just hate my app already and figure why bother

sanpiero

Postby sanpiero » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:36 pm

stinger35 wrote:
yeahlawschool wrote:

they confirmed receipt of my application and my letter of good standing in separate e-mails last week. never rec'd a link to the status checker. in light of what i've seen itt and elsewhere so far, turn around on transfer apps seems to be very short, so i guess it's not that surprising they're not using the status checker for some applicants.

CMR

Postby CMR » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:52 pm

holydonkey wrote:
CMR wrote:
jlockhart6 wrote:

+1, I actually read that in between my first two terms, but somehow completely forgot about it.

In related news, am I correctly using the +1 meme here, or should I commit TLS harakiri in shame?

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:03 pm

stinger35 wrote:
yeahlawschool wrote:

If their transfer process is similar to their 1L process, they have to put you into their system and generate a UMID # for you so it takes a bit of time. Like sanpiero said, they might not be bothering if the turnaround is so short.

Grats to everyone who's been admitted, good luck to the rest, and I hope to see you all in the fall. :D

yeahlawschool

Postby yeahlawschool » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Makes sense. I'm a umich undergrad alum so I already had an ID so maybe that's why I had a checker? Best of Luck everyone!!!!

thalassocrat wrote:
stinger35 wrote:
yeahlawschool wrote:

If their transfer process is similar to their 1L process, they have to put you into their system and generate a UMID # for you so it takes a bit of time. Like sanpiero said, they might not be bothering if the turnaround is so short.

Grats to everyone who's been admitted, good luck to the rest, and I hope to see you all in the fall. :D

stinger35

Postby stinger35 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Any updates here? I never did get a status checker or real confirmation that I was complete.

Really just wondering if anymore acceptances have been going out.

transfer4545

Postby transfer4545 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Got into U of M today via email. That $1200 deposit I gave to Georgetown would have been useful :( Fingers crossed for Harvard...

Return to “Transfers”