In @ Michigan!! Tier 3 to top 10 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jlockhart6

Bronze

Re: In @ Michigan!! Tier 3 to top 10

Post by jlockhart6 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:30 am

Yeah I hear ya on the money aspect, I have a full ride at my old school. That said, when you look at the unemployment of this last year's graduating class, I feel like I need to do everything in my power to better my odds of finding worthwhile employment, and I am sure Michigan WAY betters my odds. Anyways I withdrew my apps at the other schools so I will be there this fall, maybe will meet you lol. Goodluck with your other apps!

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:38 pm

jlockhart6 wrote:Yeah I hear ya on the money aspect, I have a full ride at my old school. That said, when you look at the unemployment of this last year's graduating class, I feel like I need to do everything in my power to better my odds of finding worthwhile employment, and I am sure Michigan WAY betters my odds. Anyways I withdrew my apps at the other schools so I will be there this fall, maybe will meet you lol. Goodluck with your other apps!
Hey, thanks. There is a good chance I'll be up there this fall.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:15 pm

sanpiero wrote:tomorrow should be eventful. gl everyone!!
You think? I feel like with the holiday weekend everyone will be out or taking off early with not much happening.

Not that I'll be hearing anything good anyways.

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:22 pm

stinger35 wrote:
sanpiero wrote:next week should be eventful. gl everyone!!
You think? I feel like with the holiday weekend everyone will be out or taking off early with not much happening.

Not that I'll be hearing anything good anyways.
Revised.

lawschool7777

Bronze

Post by lawschool7777 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:03 pm

In at Michigan today!!! coming from school ranked 40-50, top 7%....It came in an overnight UPS package...I only went complete on July 1st, very quick turnaround...good luck to everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:09 pm

lawschool7777 wrote:In at Michigan today!!! coming from school ranked 40-50, top 7%....It came in an overnight UPS package...I only went complete on July 1st, very quick turnaround...good luck to everyone!
Wow. Congrats, really.

This basically just means I didn't get in though, hahaha. Oh well. Pipe dreams are called that for a reason.

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 pm

stinger35 wrote:
lawschool7777 wrote:In at Michigan today!!! coming from school ranked 40-50, top 7%....It came in an overnight UPS package...I only went complete on July 1st, very quick turnaround...good luck to everyone!
Wow. Congrats, really.

This basically just means I didn't get in though, hahaha. Oh well. Pipe dreams are called that for a reason.
+1

Congrats, lawschool!

lawschool7777

Bronze

Post by lawschool7777 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:57 pm

thanks!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:46 am

Just a question to you T3's and T4's that have been accepted...are your schools in state (Mich)?

Congrats and thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

T4Transfer

New

Post by T4Transfer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:07 am

No, but my school is in the Midwest.

jlockhart6

Bronze

Post by jlockhart6 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:48 pm

T4Transfer wrote:No, but my school is in the Midwest.
I am also in the midwest.

transfer4545

New

Post by transfer4545 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:50 pm

T3 in Michigan

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Any movement at all on the Michigan front? I am pretty worried about my chances as it is but am also a little surprised that we haven't heard of any acceptances at all this week...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:59 pm

stinger35 wrote:Any movement at all on the Michigan front? I am pretty worried about my chances as it is but am also a little surprised that we haven't heard of any acceptances at all this week...
Maybe they're in no rush to admit non-auto admits b/c the deadline isn't until 7/21? Maybe waiting to see the quality of this week's new apps? On trasnferapps it looks like past decisions frequently fell right in mid-July, so I'm thinking next week will be much more exciting.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:03 pm

sanpiero wrote:
stinger35 wrote:Any movement at all on the Michigan front? I am pretty worried about my chances as it is but am also a little surprised that we haven't heard of any acceptances at all this week...
Maybe they're in no rush to admit non-auto admits b/c the deadline isn't until 7/21? Maybe waiting to see the quality of this week's new apps? On trasnferapps it looks like past decisions frequently fell right in mid-July, so I'm thinking next week will be much more exciting.
True. I've got the Berkeley deadline on the 15th though, so it puts me in a tough position. I think I'll email them on Monday asking for some sort of decision.

jlockhart6

Bronze

Post by jlockhart6 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:23 pm

stinger35 wrote:
sanpiero wrote:
True. I've got the Berkeley deadline on the 15th though, so it puts me in a tough position. I think I'll email them on Monday asking for some sort of decision.
Do you want M over Boalt?

Also, I do have a couple of friends from my school who have pretty competitive numbers, been complete since mid to late June, and haven't heard a peep. Not sure what the silence is all about or how many people have actually been dinged to this point.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:13 pm

jlockhart6 wrote:
stinger35 wrote:
sanpiero wrote:

Also, I do have a couple of friends from my school who have pretty competitive numbers, been complete since mid to late June, and haven't heard a peep. Not sure what the silence is all about or how many people have actually been dinged to this point.
Right now, yes. Not only do I live in Chicago right now and want to work here after, I am not sold on moving across the country in the next month, no matter how much I love San Fran.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jlockhart6

Bronze

Post by jlockhart6 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Also, I do have a couple of friends from my school who have pretty competitive numbers, been complete since mid to late June, and haven't heard a peep. Not sure what the silence is all about or how many people have actually been dinged to this point.[/quote]

Right now, yes. Not only do I live in Chicago right now and want to work here after, I am not sold on moving across the country in the next month, no matter how much I love San Fran.[/quote]

Yeah I understand, and I didn't mean to suggest I thought you would get dinged, just that I have friends who are as upset/agitated with their silence as you. Is Chi or NU ur top choice then living in Chicago? I chose M for the proximity reasons too being from the midwest.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:55 pm

jlockhart6 wrote:Do you want M over Boalt?

Right now, yes. Not only do I live in Chicago right now and want to work here after, I am not sold on moving across the country in the next month, no matter how much I love San Fran.[/quote]

Yeah I understand, and I didn't mean to suggest I thought you would get dinged, just that I have friends who are as upset/agitated with their silence as you. Is Chi or NU ur top choice then living in Chicago? I chose M for the proximity reasons too being from the midwest.[/quote]

Yea I didnt mean to sound like i was snapping or anything...I didn't think you were saying I was getting dinged. Their silence is just killing me right now. Hopefully they don't mind getting an email from me asking for a decision. I was dinged at Chicago ED so its basically NU or bust in Chicago and that shipped looks to have sailed as well. Cest la vie.

jlockhart6

Bronze

Post by jlockhart6 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Yeah I didn't think you were snapping, my post was just poorly worded and I didn't want to come off as a dick lol. Anyway I really doubt they would care if you asked for some movement on their part, I mean your app has been in for awhile and they have to understand you have deadlines quickly approaching. Certainly wouldn't hurt to let them know they are a top choice of yours and that is why you are wanting to hear back before you committed to Berk ... either way good luck man, maybe I'll see ya this upcoming fall!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:45 am

Getting denied at gulc certainly doesn't make me feel very confident about how this is going AT ALL. Not that Berkeley is a bad fall back, just sucks to not get you dream school.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jlockhart6

Bronze

Post by jlockhart6 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:52 am

stinger35 wrote:Getting denied at gulc certainly doesn't make me feel very confident about how this is going AT ALL. Not that Berkeley is a bad fall back, just sucks to not get you dream school.
Wow, that makes no sense to me (being dinged at GULC and accepted at Berk). At least you are lucky enough to have Berk as an option, M is still in the running too, hoping the best for you man!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 am

jlockhart6 wrote:
stinger35 wrote:Getting denied at gulc certainly doesn't make me feel very confident about how this is going AT ALL. Not that Berkeley is a bad fall back, just sucks to not get you dream school.
Wow, that makes no sense to me (being dinged at GULC and accepted at Berk). At least you are lucky enough to have Berk as an option, M is still in the running too, hoping the best for you man!
Yea I guess it just shows how unpredictable and non sensical transfer admissions is. Thanks though. I've got my email ready to go and will hopefully hear some good news before thursdY.

jlockhart6

Bronze

Post by jlockhart6 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:41 pm

stinger35 wrote:
jlockhart6 wrote:
Yea I guess it just shows how unpredictable and non sensical transfer admissions is. Thanks though. I've got my email ready to go and will hopefully hear some good news before thursdY.
Looks like on transfer apps (if you want to take that as credible) M releases a wave of decisions mid July, I'm thinking next week could be a big week for many M applicants.

lststudent123

New

Post by lststudent123 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:38 pm

In @ Michigan this morning via UPS package (tier 3 in the midwest). I definitely will be submitting the deposit since it has been my life dream to attend UM Law!!! Good luck to everyone else going through the process.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”