Boalt ranking justified? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Fark-o-vision

Silver

Re: Boalt ranking justified?

Post by Fark-o-vision » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:37 pm

dbt wrote:So wait...the question is whether Boalt's ranking is justified?

No. It is not.
From what I understand, and this only word of mouth, Berkeley competes for the absolutely best P.I. jobs and has a stacked rep. Outside of that, it performs lower than its ranking.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:40 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Boalt is a Cornell peer school.
This manages to be simultaneously egregious Cornell and Boalt trolling.

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:42 pm

There isn't one helpful piece of information in this entire thread. Nobody cares that you don't like Boalt.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:45 pm

The real shocker is that this thread made it to 7 pages. I thought it would get locked early on.

Flanker1067

Silver

Post by Flanker1067 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:48 pm

romothesavior wrote:The real shocker is that this thread made it to 7 pages. I thought it would get locked early on.

Agreed. I assumed around page two that this thread would end with an admin warning to everybody, a subsequent attack on admin and the thread being closed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Because of this thread, I don't find writing BoalTTT as funny as it once was.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:51 pm

OP [edit: and this whole thread] sucks.

D-ROCCA

Bronze

Post by D-ROCCA » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Boalt is what it is, the second best school in California. It's Stanford's annoying kid brother, who'll never be as good or successful. If anything, I think Boalt and UMich are peer schools, as they both tend to put more emphasis on softs than others in the (non YHS) T-14.

olanderp

New

Post by olanderp » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Last edited by olanderp on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

iamcutdacheck

New

Post by iamcutdacheck » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Sammi wrote:I think that white people have a hard time accepting things like AA. When we've been eating the whole pie for a couple hundred years, it's hard to set aside a piece for other people. White people feel they have "earned" their success, but how do you earn something when everyone isn't starting at the same level? White people are given a head start, and then complain when they are beaten to the finish line by someone who is probably faster, smarter, and better--and blame it on their race. It's just silly.

Pardon my many analogies, but white people need to learn to share, and stop whining about the few URM that get into a school ahead of us--what about all the other white people who got in ahead of you? Whine about them instead.
Nothing wrong with your statement. Personally I don't complain about anybody, "I just do me and chill." -Quote Kevin Durant

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:47 pm

romothesavior wrote:The real shocker is that this thread made it to 7 pages. I thought it would get locked early on.
I disagree. It was a just an angry guy ranting and showing exactly why he is at the bottom of his class at UT.

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:58 pm

I read far too much of this thread, and I can say without a doubt, that Eddie is one of the most bitter ignorant posters I've ever seen on here. He tries to use economics to explain rational behavior, but yet his arguing about something he cannot change is one of the most irrational things I have seen in a while. Can't we all just get along?

Gaia,
Congrats on the big H! Maybe one day Eddie will apologize and you can hire him on to do some doc review for you. ;)

Lysis

Bronze

Post by Lysis » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Last edited by Lysis on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:23 pm

eddietx12 wrote:not really, why would I choose to attend a school that is completely overshadowed by the far superior law school a few miles south.
So... did you apply to Northwestern? You know, because U Chicago is a few miles south. (although I personally wouldn't call it far superior).

Merr

Bronze

Post by Merr » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 am

Sammi wrote:I think that white people have a hard time accepting things like AA. When we've been eating the whole pie for a couple hundred years, it's hard to set aside a piece for other people. White people feel they have "earned" their success, but how do you earn something when everyone isn't starting at the same level? White people are given a head start, and then complain when they are beaten to the finish line by someone who is probably faster, smarter, and better--and blame it on their race. It's just silly.

Pardon my many analogies, but white people need to learn to share, and stop whining about the few URM that get into a school ahead of us--what about all the other white people who got in ahead of you? Whine about them instead.
I do not think it is that simple.

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:21 am

why didn't i find this thread earlier

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:23 am

Merr wrote:

I do not think it is that simple.
Why aren't you whining about white people?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RonArtest

New

Post by RonArtest » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:23 am

Free Bernie Madoff.

bwv812

Silver

Post by bwv812 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Billy Blanks

Bronze

Post by Billy Blanks » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Why is this thread still going? Under the title of "Boalt ranking justified?" no less. Mods, can we at least change the title so that people don't see this on the front page and think, "oh, let me see - OH GOD, how did this happen"?

BarnabeSpooge

New

Post by BarnabeSpooge » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:51 pm

RonArtest wrote:Free Bernie Madoff.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nillumin

Bronze

Post by nillumin » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:55 pm

eddietx12 wrote:
GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Bitter you didn't get into Boalt the first time, huh?
wish I could waltz into Harvard by retaking the LSAT ten times (kinda like running a race over and over again till you win, right?), especially given the fat AA boost you got with your wonderful 166 the first two times around.

That's why real schools average the damn test, so you can't "retake it over and over again" till you get lucky. And don't come back with your bogus self-timed 173 PT average, EVERYBODY shoots 90% free throws in the gym, but 70% during game-time, so go away.

Take it easy man. No need to get so angery and lash out at people. Far more important things in life than to be bitter over something as pointless as Boalt's ranking, especially when you don't even go there...What were you even hoping to accomplish with this thread? Start ridiculos arguments with people you don't even know? Well you've done exactly that. Congratulations.

The amount of hate people spew at each other on this site is unbelievable. Pretty much shows where we are going as a society...jeeze louise.

please close this thread.

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:02 pm

nillumin wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:
wish I could waltz into Harvard by retaking the LSAT ten times (kinda like running a race over and over again till you win, right?), especially given the fat AA boost you got with your wonderful 166 the first two times around.

That's why real schools average the damn test, so you can't "retake it over and over again" till you get lucky. And don't come back with your bogus self-timed 173 PT average, EVERYBODY shoots 90% free throws in the gym, but 70% during game-time, so go away.

Take it easy man. No need to get so angery and lash out at people. Far more important things in life than to be bitter over something as pointless as Boalt's ranking, especially when you don't even go there...What were you even hoping to accomplish with this thread? Start ridiculos arguments with people you don't even know? Well you've done exactly that. Congratulations.

The amount of hate people spew at each other on this site is unbelievable. Pretty much shows where we are going as a society...jeeze louise.

I think this is the exact reaction Tim Tebow would have to this thread. I hate Tim Tebow for that reason.

entrechatsix

Bronze

Post by entrechatsix » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:08 pm

there are too many things going on here.

nillumin

Bronze

Post by nillumin » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:
nillumin wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:

I think this is the exact reaction Tim Tebow would have to this thread. I hate Tim Tebow for that reason.
Tim Tebow loves you in despite of your hate for him. I guarantee it :wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”