Boalt ranking justified? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
eddietx12

New

Boalt ranking justified?

Post by eddietx12 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:38 am

Why is Boalt #7 in the country, when its LSAT range corresponds to something close to George Washington, or Emory?
It seems that the student body at Boalt is good at succeeding in inflated college GPA situations, but not so successful at critical reading or analysis.

Do Boalt students have to take a remedial course in LSAT type questions, like assumptions, strengthener/weakener, analogies, etc.? How long does this remedial course take?

Gold

Re: Boalt ranking justified?

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:39 am

Bitter you didn't get into Boalt the first time, huh?

eddietx12

New

Post by eddietx12 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:44 am

not really, why would I choose to attend a school that is completely overshadowed by the far superior law school a few miles south.

It is impotent on the east coast, and bullied around by Stanford on the west. Not a good investment of time/money, plus they allow very weak students with the low 160's in their program, show me a non-URM 163 at MVP.

Pablo Ramirez

Bronze

Post by Pablo Ramirez » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:47 am

ITT: we learn once more that it's hard to think straight when you've got a stick up your ass.

BlueCivic

Bronze

Post by BlueCivic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:48 am

It may be possible that LSAT is not the only predictor of law school success.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eddietx12

New

Post by eddietx12 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:51 am

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Bitter you didn't get into Boalt the first time, huh?
wish I could waltz into Harvard by retaking the LSAT ten times (kinda like running a race over and over again till you win, right?), especially given the fat AA boost you got with your wonderful 166 the first two times around.

That's why real schools average the damn test, so you can't "retake it over and over again" till you get lucky. And don't come back with your bogus self-timed 173 PT average, EVERYBODY shoots 90% free throws in the gym, but 70% during game-time, so go away.

Tautology

Bronze

Post by Tautology » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:52 am

Hey guys, I heard Boalt wants those high LSAT splitters but just can't get them!

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:53 am

eddietx12 wrote:
wish I could waltz into Harvard by retaking the LSAT ten times (kinda like running a race over and over again till you win, right?), especially given the fat AA boost you got with your wonderful 166 the first two times around.

That's why real schools average the damn test, so you can't "retake it over and over again" till you get lucky. And don't come back with your bogus self-timed 173 PT average, EVERYBODY shoots 90% free throws in the gym, but 70% during game-time, so go away.
LOL!!! Sorry, I can't hear you over my Harvard acceptance.

And um, if you look at LSN, not only did my stats trump those of many other non-URMs, but a lot people who were accepted took the LSAT three times. hth your jealousy <3

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:55 am

eddietx12 wrote:

aspie rage??? do me! do me!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:56 am

eddietx12 wrote:

ITT: Hostility

Boalt catches a lot of flack from people who dicked around during college and get pissed off that Berkeley doesn't immediately spooge when confronted with a high LSAT score and a moron GPA, but the fact that it has a lower LSAT range than almost any other T14 and still manages to pull in the #7 spot in the rankings speaks to its excellence in the the other areas ranked.

eddietx12

New

Post by eddietx12 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:57 am

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:

And um, if you look at LSN, not only did my stats trump those of many other non-URMs, but a lot people who were accepted took the LSAT three times. hth your jealousy <3
I'm not exactly jealous of people who get into Yale or Harvard, in part, on account of race - much in the same way I'm not jealous of people who are given promotions, in part, on account of race - and in the same way I'm not jealous of the hillbillies who win the $100m jackpot.

Get over your own Harvard arrogance, it is tainted with you-know-what.

waldodanto

New

Post by waldodanto » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:58 am

forum auto-justify fail
Last edited by waldodanto on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

BlueCivic

Bronze

Post by BlueCivic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:59 am

eddietx12 wrote:

Nothing stopping you from taking the LSAT 3 times too buddy. You sound like a real winner, so see you at Harvard I suppose.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BlueCivic

Bronze

Post by BlueCivic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:59 am

waldodanto wrote:Here's what it would look like if it were UNjustified:

B
O
a
L
T

R
A
N
K
I
N
G
FTW!

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:59 am

eddietx12 wrote:

That was all you needed.

eddietx12

New

Post by eddietx12 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:00 am

if you were a non-URM, you'd be an amazing BoalTTTie with your string of 166s

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 am

eddietx12 wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:

I'm not exactly jealous of people who get into Yale or Harvard, in part, on account of race - much in the same way I'm not jealous of people who are given promotions, in part, on account of race - and in the same way I'm not jealous of the hillbillies who win the $100m jackpot.

What don't you understand about the fact that my stats were higher than quite a few non-URMs? But they got in because they earned it right? I only got in because I'm black.

I get it now. Thanks for showing me the way.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

waldodanto

New

Post by waldodanto » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 am

BlueCivic wrote:
waldodanto wrote:Here's what it would look like if it were UNjustified:

B
O
a
L
T

R
A
N
K
I
N
G
FTW!
haha I tried for the un-justified text, but the forum auto-justified! glad somebody thought that humor was something though

BlueCivic

Bronze

Post by BlueCivic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 am

eddietx12 wrote:if you were a non-URM, you'd be an amazing BoalTTTie with your string of 166s
I see what the Boalt admissions committee saw in you!

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 am

eddietx12 wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:

Are you sure you're not jealous? Because you seem really jealous and insecure. I mean, if you say you're cool, you're cool, but just from reading your posts you seem mad. You mad?

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:02 am

eddietx12 wrote:if you were a non-URM, you'd be an amazing BoalTTTie with your string of 166s
A jealous flame is jealous <3

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 094320 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:03 am

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:05 am

This OP may be the best poster in the history of TLS. Just read his post history to see what I mean. Weird mishmosh of hating Texas and wanting to transfer and putting down other schools.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:05 am

acrossthelake wrote:
What don't you understand about the fact that my stats were higher than quite a few non-URMs? But they got in because they earned it right? I only got in because I'm black.

I get it now. Thanks for showing me the way.
FWIW, Gaia, I think you would've gotten in as a non-URM. Also, every time you've replied to my posts on TLS you've been super sweet. HLS is lucky to have you. :)
You're so sweet :)

But let's not clog up this thread with kindness. Racist, unfounded hostility FTW!!

eddietx12

New

Post by eddietx12 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:06 am

Well, the self-proclaimed 'blasian' needs to understand that she will never ever know what she truly deserves on an equal-playing field.

She isn't playing the same roulette wheel as you or me. She's playing a tilted wheel with 10 numbers where the odds are different. Must be nice. Nice payoffs. Wish I had access to a tilted table.
Last edited by eddietx12 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”