Boalt ranking justified? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Kohinoor

Gold

Re: Boalt ranking justified?

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:57 am

mallard wrote:
Also, Gaia, I'm not sure posting PMs is within forum rules - you should check that. Lulzy though.
SBL ok'ed it a while back. eddie seems worrisomely crazy. I'm guessing a strikeout at OCI and everything was riding on this Boalt transfer that fell through.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:57 am

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:58 am

Can't help it. White people want to take credit away from high achieving blacks, not realizing that they don't always earn what they've gotten. They get breaks because of their skin color every day. Whether or not anyone wants to accept that as the fact that it is makes no difference.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:58 am

PDaddy wrote:And on that note...

U all WANT A PIECE OF ME NOW? 'Cuz it sounds like y'all miss PDaddy with a thread like this. :wink: I leave u alone for awhile and u can't even do it right...can't handle it. Your minds still aren't free. I have been working overtime on a very complicated civil rights case, but I can come back and give y'all some if you want me too. And u know I'm surgical with it.

Any black student going to any top school earned it, believe that! Quit being insecure, entitled, anti-AA babies. White skin is AA for white people; so you have had it for over 400 years.
We both know that you and I will never be on the same side, even against this dude. Let's not do this, PD, I'm tired of the racism.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:59 am

PDaddy wrote:U WANT A PIECE OF ME NOW? 'Cuz it sounds like y'all miss PDaddy with a thread like this. :wink: I leave u alone for awhile and u can't even do it right...can't handle it. Your minds still aren't free. I have been working overtime on a very complicated civil rights case, but I can come back and give y'all some if you want me too. And u know I'm surgical with it.

Any black student going to any top school earned it, believe that! Quit being insecure, entitled, anti-AA babies. White skin is AA for white people; so you have had it for over 400 years.
Okay, we don't necessarily want to derail this thread with a second dose of crazy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BlueCivic

Bronze

Post by BlueCivic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:00 am

PDaddy wrote:Can't help it. White people want to take credit away from high achieving blacks, not realizing that they don't always earn what they've gotten. They get breaks because of their skin color every day. Whether or not anyone wants to accept that as the fact that it is makes no difference.
True. But can we all agree that AA is a complicated and delicate issue probably not best discussed in a forum with a possibly crazy and angry dude?

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 am

Kohinoor wrote:
mallard wrote:
Also, Gaia, I'm not sure posting PMs is within forum rules - you should check that. Lulzy though.
SBL ok'ed it a while back. eddie seems worrisomely crazy. I'm guessing a strikeout at OCI and everything was riding on this Boalt transfer that fell through.
Here's hoping it was a personality ding rather than ITE.

smith8586

New

Post by smith8586 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 am

--ImageRemoved--

Tautology

Bronze

Post by Tautology » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:02 am

BlueCivic wrote: True. But can we all agree that AA is a complicated and delicate issue probably not best discussed in a forum with a possibly crazy and angry dude?
Unless you're entertained by trainwrecks.

I am.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:10 am

See, the real tragedy for me, a white male, is that my #'s were so crappy that I couldn't complain about not getting into a t14 because some black guy "took my seat." It'd look kind of retarded to complain about AA being responsible for me not getting into the University of Arizona. :wink:

Gold

Post by 094320 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:11 am

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:51 am

A'nold wrote:See, the real tragedy for me, a white male, is that my #'s were so crappy that I couldn't complain about not getting into a t14 because some black guy "took my seat." It'd look kind of retarded to complain about AA being responsible for me not getting into the University of Arizona. :wink:
The preferred nomenclature would be African American Male.

Oh, and this whole thread is stupid.

Cleareyes

Bronze

Post by Cleareyes » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:44 am

mallard wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:The system screws AA benefactors pretty badly too. Ask Clarence Thomas about his fun-time getting a job post YLS.
I think people have ignored how powerful this point is. I mean Clarence Thomas' career did sort of dead-end after Yale. What does he do now? I forget. Does he sell shoes in a Payless off the interstate or manage an arboretum or is he on the bench of the Supreme Court of the United States of America? I'm pretty sure it's not the shoe thing, so it's probably the arboretum or the Supreme Court thing. Could someone check?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:
A'nold wrote:See, the real tragedy for me, a white male, is that my #'s were so crappy that I couldn't complain about not getting into a t14 because some black guy "took my seat." It'd look kind of retarded to complain about AA being responsible for me not getting into the University of Arizona. :wink:

I used "black guy" for effect. Please don't PC me like this man. :)

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Wow...what the fuck happened here? :?

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 pm

A'nold wrote:
Fark-o-vision wrote:

I used "black guy" for effect. Please don't PC me like this man. :)
We prefer black guy actually.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 pm

hellokitty wrote:Wow...what the fuck happened here? :?
OCI happened.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:23 pm

eddietx12 wrote:Why is Boalt #7 in the country, when its LSAT range corresponds to something close to George Washington, or Emory?
It seems that the student body at Boalt is good at succeeding in inflated college GPA situations, but not so successful at critical reading or analysis.

Do Boalt students have to take a remedial course in LSAT type questions, like assumptions, strengthener/weakener, analogies, etc.? How long does this remedial course take?
--ImageRemoved--

Sammi

Bronze

Post by Sammi » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:23 pm

I think that white people have a hard time accepting things like AA. When we've been eating the whole pie for a couple hundred years, it's hard to set aside a piece for other people. White people feel they have "earned" their success, but how do you earn something when everyone isn't starting at the same level? White people are given a head start, and then complain when they are beaten to the finish line by someone who is probably faster, smarter, and better--and blame it on their race. It's just silly.

Pardon my many analogies, but white people need to learn to share, and stop whining about the few URM that get into a school ahead of us--what about all the other white people who got in ahead of you? Whine about them instead.

doyleoil

Silver

Post by doyleoil » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:27 pm

aa debates really bring out the worst in people on all sides, in all respects

my suggestion? avoid like the plague

that way, you don't expose your bitterness and/or lack of intelligence

and the rest of us can get on with debating things like what parents should tell their children about nonconsensual sex between monkeys and frogs

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Sammi wrote:I think that white people have a hard time accepting things like AA. When we've been eating the whole pie for a couple hundred years, it's hard to set aside a piece for other people. White people feel they have "earned" their success, but how do you earn something when everyone isn't starting at the same level? White people are given a head start, and then complain when they are beaten to the finish line by someone who is probably faster, smarter, and better--and blame it on their race. It's just silly.

Pardon my many analogies, but white people need to learn to share, and stop whining about the few URM that get into a school ahead of us--what about all the other white people who got in ahead of you? Whine about them instead.
I am NOT going to get into an AA debate, but give me a break. Live my life and then tell me there is any such thing as "white privilege" for most whites. Economic privilege at best. Way to make a side's good argument look dumb.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Eddie, thank you for your insightful and well-structured arguments. I really learned a lot. :roll:

If you are the type of student Texas lets in, I should finish in the top 10% at WUSTL.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Sammi wrote:I think that white people have a hard time accepting things like AA. When we've been eating the whole pie for a couple hundred years, it's hard to set aside a piece for other people. White people feel they have "earned" their success, but how do you earn something when everyone isn't starting at the same level? White people are given a head start, and then complain when they are beaten to the finish line by someone who is probably faster, smarter, and better--and blame it on their race. It's just silly.

This post leads me to believe that white people should probably STFU when it comes to AA. Your intentions: good. Your execution: retarded.

Sammi

Bronze

Post by Sammi » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:55 pm

MrKappus wrote:

This post leads me to believe that white people should probably STFU when it comes to AA. Your intentions: good. Your execution: retarded.
:roll: mk

doyleoil

Silver

Post by doyleoil » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Sammi wrote:
MrKappus wrote:

:roll: mk
see above re: torrid monkey sex for a similar, though admittedly less colorful, statement

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”