Waiting for decisions is making me horribly inefficient

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
CMR

Waiting for decisions is making me horribly inefficient

Postby CMR » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Has anyone else experienced a 25+% drop in productivity this month? I work as an RA for two professors for the summer, and am also enrolled in a writing class and working on a couple volunteer type projects, but my ability to focus is laughable - I'm too fixated on mindlessly browsing transfer information online, or otherwise trying to bone up on OCI/Clerkship information due to my relative ignorance of the process (being from an unranked school).

stinger35

Re: Waiting for decisions is making me horribly inefficient

Postby stinger35 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:06 pm

CMR wrote:Has anyone else experienced a 25+% drop in productivity this month? I work as an RA for two professors for the summer, and am also enrolled in a writing class and working on a couple volunteer type projects, but my ability to focus is laughable - I'm too fixated on mindlessly browsing transfer information online, or otherwise trying to bone up on OCI/Clerkship information due to my relative ignorance of the process (being from an unranked school).

Absolutely. I am in 2 classes and working for a federal judge but most of my time is spent working on PS's for each school, getting letters of good standing, sending transcripts, etc. I am not submitting my apps until Wednesday but I hope that after that I can get back to the regularly scheduled program since it will finally be out of my hands.

CMR

Postby CMR » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:09 pm

stinger35 wrote:
CMR wrote:Has anyone else experienced a 25+% drop in productivity this month? I work as an RA for two professors for the summer, and am also enrolled in a writing class and working on a couple volunteer type projects, but my ability to focus is laughable - I'm too fixated on mindlessly browsing transfer information online, or otherwise trying to bone up on OCI/Clerkship information due to my relative ignorance of the process (being from an unranked school).

Absolutely. I am in 2 classes and working for a federal judge but most of my time is spent working on PS's for each school, getting letters of good standing, sending transcripts, etc. I am not submitting my apps until Wednesday but I hope that after that I can get back to the regularly scheduled program since it will finally be out of my hands.

Haha, you're still in the tolerable phase. Wait until you have everything done and you're left with nothing else to do but let the patinae of anxiety slowly fog your once-positive outlook ;).

nahgems

Postby nahgems » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Bleagh. I hate waiting. I thought when grades came out (Tuesday) things would get better. But I just shifted obsessions (to waiting for rank, and wondering when I will hear back about transfers).

stinger35

Postby stinger35 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:07 pm

CMR wrote:
stinger35 wrote:

Haha, you're still in the tolerable phase. Wait until you have everything done and you're left with nothing else to do but let the patinae of anxiety slowly fog your once-positive outlook ;).

You are probably right but 1) at least it will be out my hands at that point (except checking over and over to make sure everything has arrived will certainly happen) and 2) at least we will hear in a month or probably less

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Sounds like a 0L from September-March.

samiseaborn

Postby samiseaborn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Trying to rewrite my PS is making me horribly inefficient. I've got about 15 two-sentence "starters" that go nowhere.

Return to “Transfers”