Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby thexfactor » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:57 pm

well... it s more like i got executed a couple days ago, but i just realized im dead today...

i received the rejection letter in the mail today.

chitown825 wrote:
thexfactor wrote:officially executed at 2:10 PM by Vanderbilt.


On a Saturday?

chitown825
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:45 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby chitown825 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:08 pm

thexfactor wrote:well... it s more like i got executed a couple days ago, but i just realized im dead today...

i received the rejection letter in the mail today.

chitown825 wrote:
thexfactor wrote:officially executed at 2:10 PM by Vanderbilt.


On a Saturday?


Mail it back to them.

OnaWing&aPrayer09
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby OnaWing&aPrayer09 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:14 pm

chitown825 wrote:
thexfactor wrote:well... it s more like i got executed a couple days ago, but i just realized im dead today...

i received the rejection letter in the mail today.

chitown825 wrote:
thexfactor wrote:officially executed at 2:10 PM by Vanderbilt.


On a Saturday?


Mail it back to them.


xfactor, you got Mich and Penn. No biggie ;)

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby thexfactor » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:24 pm

lol im not goin to get into any of those schools. I cant even get into vandy or ucla.

plyersplyer
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby plyersplyer » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Sorry about Vanderbilt, Xfactor. is anyone on here still waiting to hear from them?

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby A'nold » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:46 am

And then there were 4. Rejected at Vanderbilt and Hastings today via mail.

Still waiting on:

WUSTL
Minnesota
Emory
UW

User avatar
apper123
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby apper123 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:34 am

WUSTL ONE TIME DEALER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(to clarify: for a'nold)

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby A'nold » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:27 pm

apper123 wrote:WUSTL ONE TIME DEALER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(to clarify: for a'nold)


Yes, please. :)

bkthunder
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:00 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby bkthunder » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Since my cycle just ended after hearing back from Penn, I might as well contribute to this thread...

T2, top 5%

Penn- IN
CLS- IN
Berkeley- IN (attending)
GULC - IN (EA)

Excited to be moving out to the Bay Area in a week.

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby thexfactor » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 pm

just got executed at northWASTERN
On death row at USC....

Journeybound
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby Journeybound » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:32 pm

BK, you had an amazing transfer cycle. Congratulations!!! I look forward to meeting you at Boalt.

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby thexfactor » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:34 pm

I guess the 5% diff between T5% and t10% means all the world.. one is shut out from the entire T18 and the other can get into multiple T10 schools.


Journeybound wrote:BK, you had an amazing transfer cycle. Congratulations!!! I look forward to meeting you at Boalt.

Machine Spirit
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby Machine Spirit » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:44 pm

thexfactor wrote:I guess the 5% diff between T5% and t10% means all the world.. one is shut out from the entire T18 and the other can get into multiple T10 schools.


Nah, just depends on what school you're coming from with your t10%. I was probably in between 5-10% (not above 5% I'm sure) and landed CLS.

TuNeCedeMalis
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby TuNeCedeMalis » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Machine Spirit wrote:
thexfactor wrote:I guess the 5% diff between T5% and t10% means all the world.. one is shut out from the entire T18 and the other can get into multiple T10 schools.


Nah, just depends on what school you're coming from with your t10%. I was probably in between 5-10% (not above 5% I'm sure) and landed CLS.


Any info on your school Machine Spirit?

User avatar
broadhead
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby broadhead » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:29 pm

School: T50
Rank: ~5%

No CALIs, co-authoring an article, decent-good LORs. High LSAT, low UGPA. 5 years WE.

Rejected by YHS.

Good luck, future transfer-hopefuls!

Machine Spirit
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby Machine Spirit » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:26 pm

TuNeCedeMalis wrote:
Machine Spirit wrote:
thexfactor wrote:I guess the 5% diff between T5% and t10% means all the world.. one is shut out from the entire T18 and the other can get into multiple T10 schools.


Nah, just depends on what school you're coming from with your t10%. I was probably in between 5-10% (not above 5% I'm sure) and landed CLS.


Any info on your school Machine Spirit?


GW.

harborleaguemvp
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby harborleaguemvp » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:36 pm

School: T4
Rank: top 2%, decent softs

In- Berkeley (attending)
USC

User avatar
dbt
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby dbt » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:57 pm

harborleaguemvp wrote:School: T4
Rank: top 2%, decent softs

In- Berkeley (attending)
USC


whoa very nice. congrats!

harborleaguemvp
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby harborleaguemvp » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby thexfactor » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:09 am

im blind and i cant find a nut........

harborleaguemvp wrote:Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

TRSmithV
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:05 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby TRSmithV » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Tier 4 - top 20-25%
Law Review invite via write on competition
6 B+'s out of 10 courses completed without a single A (at a school with relatively low curve)
Top 13% first semester.

Transferring to Florida State.

t4tot1
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby t4tot1 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:21 pm

coming from a t4

in at SMU and ASU

What would you do? I need help!!

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:21 pm

t4tot1 wrote:coming from a t4

in at SMU and ASU

What would you do? I need help!!

Do you want to work in Dallas? Go to SMU.

Do you want to work in Arizona? Go to ASU.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23852
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby Thirteen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:22 pm

t4tot1 wrote:coming from a t4

in at SMU and ASU

What would you do? I need help!!


Where do you want to work? Also, would you be paying in-state at ASU? I would choose SMU, but I'm biased (want to work in Dallas).

run26.2
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:35 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby run26.2 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:43 pm

In at Penn via email this afternoon.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.