Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
grobbelski
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby grobbelski » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:27 pm

sanpiero wrote:i don't think it will at all. some people have poor handwriting. that's life. try to make it as pretty as possible and move on. the recipient will appreciate the thought, regardless of whether you write in caligraphy or in chicken scratch.


As a side note, every so often experiences come along that demonstrate that a niche skill (like caligraphy) can be very impressive and valuable. This was one of them.

stinger35
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby stinger35 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:37 pm

grobbelski wrote:
sanpiero wrote:i don't think it will at all. some people have poor handwriting. that's life. try to make it as pretty as possible and move on. the recipient will appreciate the thought, regardless of whether you write in caligraphy or in chicken scratch.


As a side note, every so often experiences come along that demonstrate that a niche skill (like caligraphy) can be very impressive and valuable. This was one of them.


How did that whole interview thing turn out?

luthersloan
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby luthersloan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Has anyone else gone "under review" at Chicago yet?

LawHorn
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby LawHorn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:13 pm

mapnoren wrote:In at Iowa last week, and just informed I officially qualify for residency. Still waiting on Duke and UCLA. WUSTL's binding seat deposit due next tues. What should I do?


Where did you find that WUSTL's seat deposit is binding? I read through my acceptance, and it isn't mentioned. That will really place pressure on my decision...

naturalexponent
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby naturalexponent » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:16 pm

luthersloan wrote:Has anyone else gone "under review" at Chicago yet?

I also went under review today

luthersloan
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby luthersloan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Good to hear, hopefully they will get back to us soon.

sigmachiev
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:04 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby sigmachiev » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:21 pm

What's up everyone. School in the 50s, top 5%/top 15 ordinal. Lots of softs, diversity, work experience. low 160s/~3.3 in undergrad. I'll update this as things roll in.

I have no idea how this will go. Rank took forever due to a grade delay, same with official transcripts. Sucks that I lost time because of someone else but what are you going to do. I'm just now going complete at most places. Best of luck to everyone!

ACCEPTED AT: GULC (EA, first semester = above top 5%, status changed with everyone else who got in, can't remember the date), Berkeley (morning of 7/8 via e-mail)

OUT AT: Nowhere

WAITING ON: Duke, Michigan, Penn (in review), NYU, Columbia, Harvard
Last edited by sigmachiev on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
grobbelski
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby grobbelski » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:06 pm

stinger35 wrote:
grobbelski wrote:
sanpiero wrote:i don't think it will at all. some people have poor handwriting. that's life. try to make it as pretty as possible and move on. the recipient will appreciate the thought, regardless of whether you write in caligraphy or in chicken scratch.


As a side note, every so often experiences come along that demonstrate that a niche skill (like caligraphy) can be very impressive and valuable. This was one of them.


How did that whole interview thing turn out?


Pure conjecture but I think it went well. I doubt I hurt myself at least. I was able to introduce myself and talk about my interest in the school. Again pure conjecture but I think on a personal level I made a good impression on the assistant director of admissions. We will see if it worked.

phishskier41
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby phishskier41 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:49 pm

07/07 just went to "decision reached; notification pending" at Washington and Lee.... no e-mail yet. W&L is the lowest ranked school I applied too so not sure if I am accepted if I will attend.

Hoping for some good news though.

solidsnake
Posts: 531
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:08 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby solidsnake » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:50 pm

naturalexponent wrote:
luthersloan wrote:Has anyone else gone "under review" at Chicago yet?

I also went under review today


I take it neither of you were holdovers from ED? My status checker hasn't changed since May.

upgrade
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby upgrade » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:10 pm

solidsnake wrote:
naturalexponent wrote:
luthersloan wrote:Has anyone else gone "under review" at Chicago yet?

I also went under review today


I take it neither of you were holdovers from ED? My status checker hasn't changed since May.


I was a holdover and from what I recall my status changed after the early decision was mailed to me. After that, there was no change until the final decision was made and it was something to the effect of "decision made" but did not indicate acceptance or rejection. Because I had not received a phone call I figured I was rejected, but the call came about 30 minutes after my status checker changed.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby megaTTTron » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 pm

upgrade wrote:
solidsnake wrote:
naturalexponent wrote:
luthersloan wrote:Has anyone else gone "under review" at Chicago yet?

I also went under review today


I take it neither of you were holdovers from ED? My status checker hasn't changed since May.


I was a holdover and from what I recall my status changed after the early decision was mailed to me. After that, there was no change until the final decision was made and it was something to the effect of "decision made" but did not indicate acceptance or rejection. Because I had not received a phone call I figured I was rejected, but the call came about 30 minutes after my status checker changed.


CONGRATS!

solidsnake
Posts: 531
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:08 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby solidsnake » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:16 pm

upgrade wrote:
solidsnake wrote:
naturalexponent wrote:
luthersloan wrote:Has anyone else gone "under review" at Chicago yet?

I also went under review today


I take it neither of you were holdovers from ED? My status checker hasn't changed since May.


I was a holdover and from what I recall my status changed after the early decision was mailed to me. After that, there was no change until the final decision was made and it was something to the effect of "decision made" but did not indicate acceptance or rejection. Because I had not received a phone call I figured I was rejected, but the call came about 30 minutes after my status checker changed.


Thanks for the heads up. You are class of 2011, right?

User avatar
Hamilton
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby Hamilton » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Also under review at Chicago today. I did not apply ED.

upgrade
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby upgrade » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:23 pm

solidsnake wrote:Thanks for the heads up. You are class of 2011, right?


Yep. I would expect calls to be made this Friday. From what I remember, apps went under review and calls were made that Friday. Good luck everyone.

lawschool7777
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby lawschool7777 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 pm

i thought chicago didnt give decision until the end of the month...did you really get yours this early in july?

upgrade
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby upgrade » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:50 pm

lawschool7777 wrote:i thought chicago didnt give decision until the end of the month...did you really get yours this early in july?


I am pretty sure July 10 around 4:00 is when I received my call.

User avatar
mapnoren
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby mapnoren » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 pm

CMR wrote:
mapnoren wrote:In at Iowa last week, and just informed I officially qualify for residency. Still waiting on Duke and UCLA. WUSTL's binding seat deposit due next tues. What should I do?


Doubtless a lot of people will not agree, but I say take the resident tuition and run with it if it's ~20k.

Edit - congrats on the acceptance. That combined with in-state tuition is, pardon the language, fucking awesome.


Hey thanks, It is a pretty good deal, but im not sure if I can pass up the better job opportunities at WUSTL.

User avatar
grobbelski
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby grobbelski » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 pm

upgrade wrote:
lawschool7777 wrote:i thought chicago didnt give decision until the end of the month...did you really get yours this early in july?


I am pretty sure July 10 around 4:00 is when I received my call.


Not that anyone was counting :wink:

Eehhhhhh Im just giving ya the biz! getting that call is a serious accomplishment, and deserving of congratulations.

JoJ2124
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby JoJ2124 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 pm

In at UCLA today via phone call.

Stats: from T50s school/3.666 GPA/Top 10% (though probably more like 6-7% -- school doesn't give rank above 10%).

Waiting on: NYU, Columbia.

traydeuce
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby traydeuce » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:58 pm

I went to under review at Chicago today as well.

dscummy21
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby dscummy21 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:29 am

NW has sent out two rounds of notifications so far (Tues/Wed), does anyone know how long this daily notification process will continue???

Also, has anyone received a rejection from NW yet?

I am an eagerly waiting #1 at T4.

User avatar
sanpiero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby sanpiero » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:10 am

traydeuce wrote:I went to under review at Chicago today as well.


+1

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby thexfactor » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:21 am

Has anyone thought about doing a 1 hr special on your transfer decision? :lol:

When i get my rejection letter from GULC this sat/monday, im going to make a 1 hr tv special. Then i want to invite some of you guys to weigh in on whether or not I will get in. At the end of the hour, I will open my letter and see the verdict.... :lol:
Last edited by thexfactor on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

traydeuce
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby traydeuce » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:34 am

Yes, I've started internally comparing myself to LeBron. Although I guess this situation is the inverse of 'The Decision.'




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.