Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:40 am

Out at my ultimate dream school, Michigan via mail. It was an honor to even apply to that school. Never wanted anything more as far as my own personal career/education ambitions are concerned. Didn't even have a fighting chance but hurts like hell nonetheless. At least my many trolls will have something to delight in, lol.

Edit: oh yeah, and as an added bonus, I received such a nice letter from my current school congratulating me on making "Dean's list" which like a third of the entire school make, lol.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby megaTTTron » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:12 am

A'nold wrote:Out at my ultimate dream school, Michigan via mail. It was an honor to even apply to that school. Never wanted anything more as far as my own personal career/education ambitions are concerned. Didn't even have a fighting chance but hurts like hell nonetheless. At least my many trolls will have something to delight in, lol.

Edit: oh yeah, and as an added bonus, I received such a nice letter from my current school congratulating me on making "Dean's list" which like a third of the entire school make, lol.


Hang in there.

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby MrKappus » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:14 am

A'nold wrote:Out at my ultimate dream school, Michigan via mail. It was an honor to even apply to that school. Never wanted anything more as far as my own personal career/education ambitions are concerned. Didn't even have a fighting chance but hurts like hell nonetheless. At least my many trolls will have something to delight in, lol.

Edit: oh yeah, and as an added bonus, I received such a nice letter from my current school congratulating me on making "Dean's list" which like a third of the entire school make, lol.


Sorry if I'm one of 'em. I didn't agree w/ your take on your grades, but I don't wish you ill. You've got 11/13 to go, if my future-lawyer math is right, and you seem like a decent guy. I believe in karma.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23916
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby Thirteen » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:41 am

megaTTTron wrote:
A'nold wrote:Out at my ultimate dream school, Michigan via mail. It was an honor to even apply to that school. Never wanted anything more as far as my own personal career/education ambitions are concerned. Didn't even have a fighting chance but hurts like hell nonetheless. At least my many trolls will have something to delight in, lol.

Edit: oh yeah, and as an added bonus, I received such a nice letter from my current school congratulating me on making "Dean's list" which like a third of the entire school make, lol.


Hang in there.

hotdog
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:49 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby hotdog » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:53 am

.
Last edited by hotdog on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:20 am

Allright. New morning, the sun is shining and I have a waterfront view of the ocean, I'm at a great paying 1L job, things could be worse, haha. Michigan hurt, I'm not going to lie. For me, Michigan was kind of like the one school I would have applied to even with my new, lower grades and rank. It was my Harvard. Now that that's over, reality has come back into my life and I can now move on and really consider the choices I will make (or I hope I get to make) over the next few weeks.

Mr.kappus: I was way too hard on you yesterday, I thought about that this morning as I drove into work for some reason. My apologies. I can see why some of my posts might come across as "whiny" and I know not everyone has known me on here long enough to know that I truly was not trying to be whiny. Good luck to you as well.

mcdsa
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby mcdsa » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:53 am

A'nold wrote:Mr.kappus: I was way too hard on you yesterday, I thought about that this morning as I drove into work for some reason. My apologies. I can see why some of my posts might come across as "whiny" and I know not everyone has known me on here long enough to know that I truly was not trying to be whiny. Good luck to you as well.

You think about your online interactions on an internet message board while you drive in real life? Pause. Re-read. Your existence in the real world - as you drive your car - is pinned to online comments you might have made to perfect strangers on an online discussion board, and their potentially hurt feelings, if one can possibly be hurt by something someone can say on the INTERNET.

A'nold, man, I don't really know what to say other than that you will always remind me of how important sunshine is.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

mcdsa wrote:You think about your online interactions on an internet message board while you drive in real life? Pause. Re-read. Your existence in the real world - as you drive your car - is pinned to online comments you might have made to perfect strangers on an online discussion board, and their potentially hurt feelings, if one can possibly be hurt by something someone can say on the INTERNET.

I'm always amazed how, when someone is nice and cares about others' feelings on the Internet, the first response is someone jumping in to be a total douchebag and criticize his doing so.

User avatar
dbt
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby dbt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:13 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
mcdsa wrote:You think about your online interactions on an internet message board while you drive in real life? Pause. Re-read. Your existence in the real world - as you drive your car - is pinned to online comments you might have made to perfect strangers on an online discussion board, and their potentially hurt feelings, if one can possibly be hurt by something someone can say on the INTERNET.

I'm always amazed how, when someone is nice and cares about others' feelings on the Internet, the first response is someone jumping in to be a total douchebag and criticize his doing so.

User avatar
sanpiero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby sanpiero » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:18 pm

NU status checker finally updated! App complete as of last week.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Good luck San!

CALaw5
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby CALaw5 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Accepted at UCLA via phone call from dean of admissions this morning. Top 10%, LR, Ivy undergrad, southern CA school in the 50s.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Out at UCLA just now via email.

User avatar
grobbelski
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby grobbelski » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:04 pm

gais real quick,

I am writing a thank you note, but I have the handwriting of a child. What do I do?

User avatar
sanpiero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby sanpiero » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:23 pm

grobbelski wrote:gais real quick,

I am writing a thank you note, but I have the handwriting of a child. What do I do?


have someone with better handwriting write it for you

User avatar
sanpiero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby sanpiero » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:24 pm

A'nold wrote:Good luck San!


thanks, man. sorry about ucla. keep your head up.

User avatar
interalia
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby interalia » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 pm

A'nold wrote:Out at UCLA just now via email.



Damn A'nold, you can't catch a break.

But all the schools that rejected you were huge reaches. You still have 10 to hear from, and you will get a few acceptances out of those.

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby thexfactor » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:36 pm

.....

User avatar
grobbelski
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby grobbelski » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:46 pm

sanpiero wrote:
grobbelski wrote:gais real quick,

I am writing a thank you note, but I have the handwriting of a child. What do I do?


have someone with better handwriting write it for you


Honestly do you think it will hurt that the letter is written with poor, albeit legible, handwriting?

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:50 pm

interalia wrote:
A'nold wrote:Out at UCLA just now via email.



Damn A'nold, you can't catch a break.

But all the schools that rejected you were huge reaches. You still have 10 to hear from, and you will get a few acceptances out of those.


Thanks. Yeah, it's too bad I can't consider school like Emory or WUSTL safeties so I'd have one in the bag. :)

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby Danteshek » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:54 pm

A'nold wrote:Out at UCLA just now via email.


I saved the application fee. UCLA rubs me the wrong way in just about every respect.

User avatar
sanpiero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby sanpiero » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:04 pm

grobbelski wrote:
sanpiero wrote:
grobbelski wrote:gais real quick,

I am writing a thank you note, but I have the handwriting of a child. What do I do?


have someone with better handwriting write it for you


Honestly do you think it will hurt that the letter is written with poor, albeit legible, handwriting?


i don't think it will at all. some people have poor handwriting. that's life. try to make it as pretty as possible and move on. the recipient will appreciate the thought, regardless of whether you write in caligraphy or in chicken scratch.

t4tot1
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby t4tot1 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:05 pm

southern california t4 top 7%- law review, moot court, deans list/honor roll, dean's merit scholarship (75%)

applied to:

ucla (huge reach! grew up in the area/ took a class with one of the law professors there)
davis
asu
hastings
smu (fiance lives in dallas and would like me to follow)
pepperdine
usd
loyola

haven't heard back from any yet- just became complete at asu today! (ranks were not finalized until last week/one of my LORs just got mailed yesterday- frustrating!)

I will keep updating as i begin to hear results.

User avatar
mapnoren
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby mapnoren » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:50 pm

In at Iowa last week, and just informed I officially qualify for residency. Still waiting on Duke and UCLA. WUSTL's binding seat deposit due next tues. What should I do?

CMR
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:58 am

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby CMR » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:14 pm

mapnoren wrote:In at Iowa last week, and just informed I officially qualify for residency. Still waiting on Duke and UCLA. WUSTL's binding seat deposit due next tues. What should I do?


Doubtless a lot of people will not agree, but I say take the resident tuition and run with it if it's ~20k.

Edit - congrats on the acceptance. That combined with in-state tuition is, pardon the language, fucking awesome.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.