Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Bevo06

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Postby Bevo06 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:06 pm

+1 on GW acceptance - so excited! But still waiting on GULC. Fingers crossed.

Postby 98234872348 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:13 pm

For the benefit of those who are planning on transferring next year, I would suggest that people who are talking about acceptances at least give some general indication of their academic performance and school type.

"zOMG I got into GW" isn't really very helpful to anyone.

underwhere759

Postby underwhere759 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:27 pm

mistergoft wrote:For the benefit of those who are planning on transferring next year, I would suggest that people who are talking about acceptances at least give some general indication of their academic performance and school type.

I just figured anyone who wanted to know could ask, or check my profile I think my other school was in there.
But in case its not, I am transferring from W&L. Since I know people from W&L check this Id prefer not to disclose my gpa and % publicly, but if anyone wants to know feel free to message me.

seespotrun

Postby seespotrun » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:31 pm

underwhere759 wrote:
mistergoft wrote:For the benefit of those who are planning on transferring next year, I would suggest that people who are talking about acceptances at least give some general indication of their academic performance and school type.

I just figured anyone who wanted to know could ask, or check my profile I think my other school was in there.
But in case its not, I am transferring from W&L. Since I know people from W&L check this Id prefer not to disclose my gpa and % publicly, but if anyone wants to know feel free to message me.

Is trayduce a real person? (he's the guy who apparently came to every exam late, left every exam early, and apparently ate baked goods during one exam)

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:34 pm

seespotrun wrote:
underwhere759 wrote:

Is trayduce a real person? (he's the guy who apparently came to every exam late, left every exam early, and apparently ate baked goods during one exam)

+1. I'd love to know this.

Bevo06

Postby Bevo06 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:36 pm

underwhere759 wrote:

Mid-Atlantic TTT3 Top 5%

underwhere759

Postby underwhere759 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:39 pm

seespotrun wrote:
underwhere759 wrote:

Unfortunately. He's a major jerk too! From what I have heard through the grapevine his late arrivals and baked goods during exams this semester didn't work out so well for his grades. I was in the exam that he left to get food and came back, as well as the one where he came late. Additionally, he finished our multi choice test in like 45 minutes and loudly cleared his throat as he placed it in the box for turn in.
There is so much more I could say about him. Everyone was pretty open to trying to give him a chance. But he pretty much made it clear from week one that he thought we were all beneath him and frequently referred to W&L to our faces as "stupid people island."
In various emails and messages the got passed around to most of our class, he made derisive comments about a ton of people, and said that he didnt care how he treated us, because he was leaving anyway.
And that he hated the burden of being so "special."

Many of us have been tempted to send one such email to Above the Law or something because it was a message that came out at the beginning of the year and really showed us all his true colors. It seems best not to stoop to that level as tempting as it is. Especially after we have all had to read the comments he has posted here all year. The sad thing is he really doesnt give W&L and his fellow students enough credit. While there are of course people who are less than average intelligence wise I met a ton of smart dedicated good students who just didnt feel the need to tell everyone all their business.

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:42 pm

underwhere759 wrote:
seespotrun wrote:
underwhere759 wrote:

Unfortunately. He's a major jerk too! From what I have heard through the grapevine his late arrivals and baked goods during exams this semester didn't work out so well for his grades. I was in the exam that he left to get food and came back, as well as the one where he came late. Additionally, he finished our multi choice test in like 45 minutes and loudly cleared his throat as he placed it in the box for turn in.
There is so much more I could say about him. Everyone was pretty open to trying to give him a chance. But he pretty much made it clear from week one that he thought we were all beneath him and frequently referred to W&L to our faces as "stupid people island."
In various emails and messages the got passed around to most of our class, he made derisive comments about a ton of people, and said that he didnt care how he treated us, because he was leaving anyway.

Many of us have been tempted to send one such email to Above the Law or something because it was a message that came out at the beginning of the year and really showed us all his true colors. It seems best not to stoop to that level as tempting as it is. Especially after we have all had to read the comments he has posted here all year. The sad thing is he really doesnt give W&L and his fellow students enough credit. While there are of course people who are less than average intelligence wise I met a ton of smart dedicated good students who just didnt feel the need to tell everyone all their business.

ROFL

seespotrun

Postby seespotrun » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:17 pm

underwhere759 wrote:
seespotrun wrote:
underwhere759 wrote:

He's going to go down in flames. He just doesn't know it yet.

underwhere759

Postby underwhere759 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:25 pm

My thoughts as well. While intelligence has a lot to do with getting an interview for a job initially if you act like a total jerk when they meet you things aren't going to turn out well most of the time.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:30 pm

underwhere759 wrote:
seespotrun wrote:
underwhere759 wrote:

He said he's top 5% and is already in at GULC. Is he full of shit?

kings84_wr

Postby kings84_wr » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 pm

I got into UCLA today.

Between top 5-10 percent at Indiana U.

stinger35

Postby stinger35 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:23 pm

kings84_wr wrote:I got into UCLA today.

KINGS! Finally some good news from ya. Keep us updated on Berk or anything else. Congrats man.

kings84_wr

Postby kings84_wr » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:32 pm

stinger35 wrote:
kings84_wr wrote:I got into UCLA today.

KINGS! Finally some good news from ya. Keep us updated on Berk or anything else. Congrats man.

Yeah man Im pretty stoked, I was so paranoid that one of my LORs Bashed me. It just shows that transfer admissions are crazy, and i think factors like a low ugpa and several transfers at IU that are ranked higher then me just made things a bit random. Im pumped with things now though haha.

Congrats on Berkeley to you!

Postby 98234872348 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Got into Michigan today, T1 top 5-10%

dbt

Postby dbt » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:39 pm

mistergoft wrote:Got into Michigan today, T1 top 5-10%

congrats!

Postby 98234872348 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:41 pm

dbt wrote:

congrats!

Thanks dbt, still waiting to hear from your school, put in a good word, kay?

dbt

Postby dbt » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:48 pm

mistergoft wrote:
dbt wrote:

congrats!

Thanks dbt, still waiting to hear from your school, put in a good word, kay?

lol I will tell them that "mistergoft" is a good TLS poster. i'm sure that'll help out somehow.

wabash

Postby wabash » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Applied only to Harvard, because fiancee is in Boston. What do ya'll think of my chances?

T20-25
1L GPA: 4.14
1L Rank: 1 / 270
UGPA: 3.99
LSAT: 166

I was wait-listed last year when I applied.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Congrats guys and CONGRATS KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wohoo! :D

ZXCVBNM

Postby ZXCVBNM » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:59 pm

wabash wrote:Applied only to Harvard, because fiancee is in Boston. What do ya'll think of my chances?

T20-25

I think your chances are poor with that GPA. I hope that you don't put it on your resume. Employers may assume it is bottom half of the class.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:03 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

FUCK YEA!!!!!!

wabash

Postby wabash » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:07 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:
wabash wrote:Applied only to Harvard, because fiancee is in Boston. What do ya'll think of my chances?

T20-25

I think your chances are poor with that GPA. I hope that you don't put it on your resume. Employers may assume it is bottom half of the class.

Haha...I have my fingers crossed, b/c I didn't apply anywhere else. Last year, my cycle was pretty humbling, so while I have good numbers, I know they're not determinative. Just want to get to Boston, but at both BU and BC I'd be making a lateral move and losing scholarship $

jlockhart6

Postby jlockhart6 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Also accepted at Michigan today, top 2-3% at a tier 3, so psyched!!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:30 pm

Congrats to everyone with recent good news! :D I have nothing official to say in this thread so I shall exit stage left... :

Return to “Transfers”