Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
studebaker07

Bronze

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Post by studebaker07 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:02 pm

A'nold wrote: CONGRATSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
Thanks A'nold! The past two days have been such a roller coaster. Law Review invite yesterday, poor ranking released today, but a nice finish with an acceptance to the school of my dreams. I love happy endings. 8)

I hope some good luck comes your way soon. :)

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:
solidsnake wrote:Complete at Yale! If only CLS were this easy.
that makes me feel better...i feel like it is impossible to go complete at cls. why do they require every conceivable form?! i'm surprised they don't ask for a birth certificate.
CLS is giving me high blood pressure. Today they told me that they never received my UG dean cert but that everything else has been received, contrary to what my online status checker indicates. I sent UG dean cert two weeks ago. Have to go through this all over again with the constant pressures of UG located on the other side of the country/holiday weekend/CLS is going to notify first-wave admits VERY SOON.

Journeybound

Bronze

Post by Journeybound » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Ugh. Same happened for me with NYU. I have a feeling that these schools loose stuff...

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:17 pm

solidsnake wrote:
ZXCVBNM wrote:
solidsnake wrote:Complete at Yale! If only CLS were this easy.
that makes me feel better...i feel like it is impossible to go complete at cls. why do they require every conceivable form?! i'm surprised they don't ask for a birth certificate.
CLS is giving me high blood pressure. Today they told me that they never received my UG dean cert but that everything else has been received, contrary to what my online status checker indicates. I sent UG dean cert two weeks ago. Have to go through this all over again with the constant pressures of UG located on the other side of the country/holiday weekend/CLS is going to notify first-wave admits VERY SOON.
craziest thing....five minutes after i posted this i went complete at cls. have to same i'm pretty excited!

ClemsonGrad

New

Post by ClemsonGrad » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 pm

Anyone hear from UGA??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 pm

studebaker07 wrote:
A'nold wrote: CONGRATSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
Thanks A'nold! The past two days have been such a roller coaster. Law Review invite yesterday, poor ranking released today, but a nice finish with an acceptance to the school of my dreams. I love happy endings. 8)

I hope some good luck comes your way soon. :)
You deserve it. You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. Congrats again!

neV6723

New

Post by neV6723 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:29 am

ClemsonGrad wrote:Anyone hear from UGA??
Under review. Talked to Admissions earlier in the week and they said they hope to have all decisions out by July 6. Color me skeptical.

ClemsonGrad

New

Post by ClemsonGrad » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:08 am

neV6723 wrote:
ClemsonGrad wrote:Anyone hear from UGA??
Under review. Talked to Admissions earlier in the week and they said they hope to have all decisions out by July 6. Color me skeptical.
Awesome, thanks. I got accepted to other places and need to hear from UGA ASAP.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:36 am

Hey did anyone get an email from UCLA thanking you for applying and saying that they consider transfers on a rolling basis through july 30th?
calboy98 wrote:accepted to UCLA 6/30 - got the call from Dean Schwartz yesterday
top 6% T30
went complete 6/28 or 6/29 (didn't get any confirmation, but they didn't have my transcript when I emailed them 6/28)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:42 am

solidsnake wrote: CLS is giving me high blood pressure. Today they told me that they never received my UG dean cert but that everything else has been received, contrary to what my online status checker indicates. I sent UG dean cert two weeks ago. Have to go through this all over again with the constant pressures of UG located on the other side of the country/holiday weekend/CLS is going to notify first-wave admits VERY SOON.
Did you talk to them via email or phone? They're ignoring my email at the moment and I'm worried about missing certs too/

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Post by Machine Spirit » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:44 am

ZXCVBNM wrote: craziest thing....five minutes after i posted this i went complete at cls. have to same i'm pretty excited!
I got an email from CLS saying I was complete, yet the status checker still has several boxes that are unchecked (yet the bottom of the page also says "Complete". Is it the same with you? Otherwise, what the hell does that mean for me, lol?

addicted

New

Post by addicted » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 am

On my CLS status checker, it still says that my application is incomplete. I'm not sure why, but I'm hesitant to harass the office.

Everything is checked and says "received" except for:
1) LSDAS Report, which is checked and says "Complete and copy requested from LSAC" AND
2) Recommendation Letters, which is unchecked and has no text despite the fact that the box below lists each of my recommendation letters individually and has the boxes checked (***two of which are from law school professors)

Should I be concerned? Should I contact them?

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:17 am

addicted wrote:On my CLS status checker, it still says that my application is incomplete. I'm not sure why, but I'm hesitant to harass the office.

Everything is checked and says "received" except for:
1) LSDAS Report, which is checked and says "Complete and copy requested from LSAC" AND
2) Recommendation Letters, which is unchecked and has no text despite the fact that the box below lists each of my recommendation letters individually and has the boxes checked (***two of which are from law school professors)

Should I be concerned? Should I contact them?
I have the same 2). I've tried the email thing, I'm giving up and calling now.
Last edited by samiseaborn on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

addicted

New

Post by addicted » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:18 am

Please let me know what they say. I'm afraid recommendations includes dean's cert or something.

EggShellPlaintiff

New

Post by EggShellPlaintiff » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:21 am

I've also emailed to no avail. Let us know how the call goes.

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:22 am

the phone number refers you back to the website/status checker. useful. How did everyone else get in contact with CLS?

mardimar

New

Post by mardimar » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:37 am

Last edited by mardimar on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:41 am

desperate measures for desperate times lol :lol:
mardimar wrote:
samiseaborn wrote:the phone number refers you back to the website/status checker. useful. How did everyone else get in contact with CLS?
just stay on the line, it'll eventually ring their office.

naturalexponent

New

Post by naturalexponent » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:51 am

Machine Spirit wrote:
ZXCVBNM wrote: craziest thing....five minutes after i posted this i went complete at cls. have to same i'm pretty excited!
I got an email from CLS saying I was complete, yet the status checker still has several boxes that are unchecked (yet the bottom of the page also says "Complete". Is it the same with you? Otherwise, what the hell does that mean for me, lol?
Same here. I wouldn't worry if they emailed you saying you're complete.

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Those who went complete at Columbia, when did you apply?

NYU says status checkers should be updated 'soon'.

mcdsa

New

Post by mcdsa » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:37 pm

dbt wrote:Turns out my prof is awesome: individualized the one that went directly to Yale, and the one that went directly to Harvard (and through LSAC for Harvard). so no worries.
dude, it doesn't matter that you demonstrate that you want Yale, they have to want YOU.. top 5% at NYU means there's like 20 other kids with better grades than you at NYU, they're all not locks at Yale, you better have done something amazing pre-law school, and be able to compete with those Columbia top 5% as well.

Not to mention the 4 other schools that are better than NYU, below Yale.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

interalia

New

Post by interalia » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:46 pm

mcdsa wrote:
dbt wrote:Turns out my prof is awesome: individualized the one that went directly to Yale, and the one that went directly to Harvard (and through LSAC for Harvard). so no worries.
dude, it doesn't matter that you demonstrate that you want Yale, they have to want YOU.. top 5% at NYU means there's like 20 other kids with better grades than you at NYU, they're all not locks at Yale, you better have done something amazing pre-law school, and be able to compete with those Columbia top 5% as well.

Not to mention the 4 other schools that are better than NYU, below Yale.
lol...very few top 5% ccn people attempt to transfer to yhs, and only a handful of yhs students are going to transfer around. Giving up law review grade-on grades at CCN is a very serious move (coming from someone giving up law review grades at a UT/UCLA/Vanderbilt).

I'd imagine that top 5% NYU/LR would have an excellent shot at top clerkships

JazzyM550

New

Post by JazzyM550 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:52 pm

dude, it doesn't matter that you demonstrate that you want Yale, they have to want YOU.. top 5% at NYU means there's like 20 other kids with better grades than you at NYU, they're all not locks at Yale, you better have done something amazing pre-law school, and be able to compete with those Columbia top 5% as well
I agree with your premise that they have to want you, but you're assuming that the top 5% at the T14 is by-and-large trying to transfer to HYS. This isn't the case. Top 5% at T14 are well-advised to stay put, and I will venture a guess that most will. Because it is less common than you think (given the very real cons of transferring from that position), top 5% at NYU seems to have an excellent shot.

[Full disclosure: I do have a dog in this hunt, because I am Top 5% at a T40 (although 2-3%), with some great softs/recs and a compelling story. Not a lock anywhere, obviously, but in the running.]

lawschool7777

Bronze

Post by lawschool7777 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:18 pm

in at mich today! overnight package!

jlockhart6

Bronze

Post by jlockhart6 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:29 pm

lawschool7777 wrote:in at mich today! overnight package!
Congrats!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”