Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dbt

Silver

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Post by dbt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:44 pm

mcdsa wrote:
dbt wrote:Turns out my prof is awesome: individualized the one that went directly to Yale, and the one that went directly to Harvard (and through LSAC for Harvard). so no worries.
dude, it doesn't matter that you demonstrate that you want Yale, they have to want YOU.. top 5% at NYU means there's like 20 other kids with better grades than you at NYU, they're all not locks at Yale, you better have done something amazing pre-law school, and be able to compete with those Columbia top 5% as well.

Not to mention the 4 other schools that are better than NYU, below Yale.
where on earth did this post come from? did I imply that I was going to get into Yale for sure because I'm at NYU?

arstech

New

Post by arstech » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:29 pm

dbt wrote:
mcdsa wrote:
dbt wrote:Turns out my prof is awesome: individualized the one that went directly to Yale, and the one that went directly to Harvard (and through LSAC for Harvard). so no worries.
dude, it doesn't matter that you demonstrate that you want Yale, they have to want YOU.. top 5% at NYU means there's like 20 other kids with better grades than you at NYU, they're all not locks at Yale, you better have done something amazing pre-law school, and be able to compete with those Columbia top 5% as well.

where on earth did this post come from? did I imply that I was going to get into Yale for sure because I'm at NYU?
Heh - I was wondering that too. You didn't imply that. I think most of the animosity stems from that fact that people have been giving way too optimistic estimates on acceptance probabilities.

Top 5% at a T2? Welcome to HYS!!

lovelaw27

Bronze

Post by lovelaw27 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:31 pm

dbt wrote:
mcdsa wrote:

I think the poster misunderstood you were following up on your previous posting which said

"Just found out that one of my LORs specifically mentions Harvard...though I have to send it to Yale too.

Wondering if I should send something to Yale, or if I should try to have this amended, or if it's not really a big deal?"

Your post could have been interpreted the wrong way when taken out of context, but I know what you were saying.

ahshav

New

Post by ahshav » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:39 pm

solidsnake wrote:Complete at Yale! If only CLS were this easy.
How long did that take?
mardimar wrote:
samiseaborn wrote:the phone number refers you back to the website/status checker. useful. How did everyone else get in contact with CLS?
just stay on the line, it'll eventually ring their office.
They gave you info about your file on the phone? They told me they don't do that...

T4Transfer

New

Post by T4Transfer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:59 pm

This should give hope to fellow T4's.
3.9x, 1st in class

In at Michigan via overnight UPS (Received Friday, didn't check my mail till today.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kmcquire

New

Post by kmcquire » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:29 am

Congrats to the Texas guy and CONGRATS to FLHEALTH! Wohoo!

On another topic, I think I am dying right now. 13 apps out and not a peep from any of them. I mean, let's all just admit that I am absolutely screwed here.
Texas girl! :wink: And more importantly, thank you!!! I highly doubt you are screwed. As another post mentioned, your discussions on this board demonstrate your intelligence, sense, and good nature. I, too, am particularly quiet on this board (I've been a member for something like two years at this point and don't post much...ever.) but I remember your name from when I joined and continue to recognize your respect for other posters. Karma is a wonderful thing.

Also, I genuinely believe I was the first accepted transfer at UT. The admissions coordinator stated I was really "ahead of the game." I think other schools have a longer process and that's just what this whole deal is. It's a process. And I'm sure more than the normal amount of people are applying for transfer this year considering the awkward application cycle of last year. This just means there is a more lengthy process to go through. I wouldn't worry. You've worked hard and that WILL be rewarded.

jlockhart6

Bronze

Post by jlockhart6 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:09 pm

T4Transfer wrote:This should give hope to fellow T4's.
3.9x, 1st in class

In at Michigan via overnight UPS (Received Friday, didn't check my mail till today.)
Congrats!!

bigred87

New

Post by bigred87 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:15 pm

hey all! New to this thread!

I'm ranked top 1%, #5 out of 500+ class at a #60 school.

Already in at GW, but not seriously considering it at this point in time...

Waiting on GULC and NYU, but becoming a bit paranoid because I applied EA to GULC, was deferred, and still have not heard a thing from them.

What does everyone think my chances are at NYU?? Someone was convincing me to apply to CLS, and I might very soon, but not sure what my chances are.

Also, do you think it's worth it for me to transfer, considering my rank and that I'd automatically be invited to join the main law review at my current school??

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Dont even worry. You are in at NYU. I wouldnt even go to GULC if i were you.
bigred87 wrote:hey all! New to this thread!

Waiting on GULC and NYU, but becoming a bit paranoid because I applied EA to GULC, was deferred, and still have not heard a thing from them.

What does everyone think my chances are at NYU?? Someone was convincing me to apply to CLS, and I might very soon, but not sure what my chances are.

Also, do you think it's worth it for me to transfer, considering my rank and that I'd automatically be invited to join the main law review at my current school??

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:21 pm

dbt wrote:
mcdsa wrote:

Haters gon hate, bro.

bigred87

New

Post by bigred87 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:28 pm

thanks!! but why do u say that?

thexfactor wrote:Dont even worry. You are in at NYU. I wouldnt even go to GULC if i were you.

T4Transfer

New

Post by T4Transfer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks jlockhart6, pretty excited.

Butters23

New

Post by Butters23 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:02 am

[>>>
Last edited by Butters23 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ubetcha

New

Post by ubetcha » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:03 am

jlockhart6 wrote:
3.9x, 1st in class

Congrats!!
CONGRATULATIONS T4Transfer!!! T4 to T10...EPIC

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Butters23 wrote:
bigred87 wrote:thanks!! but why do u say that?

thexfactor wrote:Dont even worry. You are in at NYU. I wouldnt even go to GULC if i were you.

I wouldn't say you're definitely in anywhere so it may not be worth sending out another $80 application to CLS just to see what happens. .
I disagree with the above. You're definitely in somewhere.

lovelaw27

Bronze

Post by lovelaw27 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:20 pm

3.9x, 1st in class

Very impressive, did you apply anywhere else?

T4Transfer

New

Post by T4Transfer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:33 pm

lovelaw27 wrote:
3.9x, 1st in class

Very impressive, did you apply anywhere else?
Thank you. I did, PM me for details.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:47 am

Butters23 wrote:

I wouldn't say you're definitely in anywhere so it may not be worth sending out another $80 application to CLS just to see what happens. .
Please disregard this ^ advice, bigred. The bolded is a terrible reason not to apply to CLS. I would definitely apply, if i were you. I would have applied to at least H of HYS, too.

Bonobo

New

Post by Bonobo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:12 pm

blackbird24 wrote:In at Michigan via email!! Top 4% at a school in the 30's. Wahoo.

No word from Berkeley, Georgetown, Northwestern or Chicago yet . . .
Please WD from NU if you know you'll be attending U of M, thanks :mrgreen:

LawHorn

New

Post by LawHorn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Quick update...

School = 72
Rank = 13%

In = WashU, SMU
Out = Texas
No decision = Emory, Vanderbilt

yeahlawschool

New

Post by yeahlawschool » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:56 pm

In at U of Wisconsin today via email. Tansfering from Cooley Law!!! Praise GOD!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:57 pm

yeahlawschool wrote:In at U of Wisconsin today via email. Tansfering from Cooley Law!!! Praise GOD!!
Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your class rank?

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:58 pm

just curious.. Is it a mass exodus out of cooley every year? how many students transfer out per year?

yeahlawschool wrote:In at U of Wisconsin today via email. Tansfering from Cooley Law!!! Praise GOD!!

transplantedbuckeye

Bronze

Post by transplantedbuckeye » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:27 pm

also in at Wisconsin today via e-mail

T3 (recently dropped from #100), top 7%

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Congrats guys. I toyed with Wisco for about a week and then decided that I'd attend so many of the other schools I applied to (such as Minn.) over Wisco that I shouldn't apply. Great school!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”