Another question about dean certs Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
engineer

Bronze

Another question about dean certs

Post by engineer » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:24 am

I know that http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=118705 was created to help resolve some of my questions, but mine is more along the lines of "who do you contact at the dean's office?" How many cert forms are you allowed to send? I'll probably be sending in about seven applications, each with tailored personal statements, but I don't really know what the appropriate procedure is for asking these types of questions. Additionally, I'm not currently near my law school, so any correspondence would have to be by e-mail or phone...

I *really* don't want to have to send the Dean an e-mail with all of this administrative nonsense to take care of - would it be okay to simply e-mail the stuff to the dean's secretary with some pretty clear instructions attached? Additionally, for the schools that ask for more than the standard "yes, he's in good academic standing" note, wtf are they supposed to write? I'm terrified to ask for the statements for that reason alone... I've never stepped foot in the dean's office, much less even talked to the dean about, well, anything... was I supposed to become best buddies with them? Finally, my school has a few deans for various things-- which dean is responsible for the dean's cert? Is it the dean of academic affairs? Student life? The dean of the law school? Should I send a brief e-mail to that dean explaining why I want to transfer in a "personal narrative" form?

Thanks!

samiseaborn

Bronze

Re: Another question about dean certs

Post by samiseaborn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:35 am

I haven't done the law school ones yet, but for grad/undergrad I just called the registrar's office and said "i need a dean's cert". One school asked me to describe the form and then told me exactly who to send it to. So, the registrar seems like the easiest person to ask even if they turn out to be the wrong one, they are used to getting these phone calls.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”