Duke? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
annapavlova

Bronze

Duke?

Post by annapavlova » Sun May 30, 2010 3:08 pm

So I'm considering-ish transferring, and Duke is one of the schools I would like to apply to (if I do at all).

However, I can't really find any good info on their transfer process. It's very jumbled (as someone has recently noted in this forum), and I can't get a read on what makes an applicant competitive. Transferapps is useless.

So does anyone have anymore info? On their website they say they traditionally take people who are in the "top quarter," but come to find out they only accept 12-20 people a year. Is their yield high? Do the law school just not see that many applications (like Cornell)?

Basically: I seek any information that anybody has to give about the Duke transfer app process.

Bankhead

Silver

Re: Duke?

Post by Bankhead » Sun May 30, 2010 4:09 pm

I think you just have to have good grades. Top quarter from a T25 maybe. Top 10-15 (20?) from a Tier 1. Top 5-10 from a Tier 2. First couple kids in class from a TTT.

Also, I wonder how OCI/job prospects are these days at this school. Is it worth transferring into this school?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun May 30, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm flipping an app. at them and I am top 8ish% at a t3. I probs won't get in but like you said the results are so unpredictable that I'm giving it a shot. I'd love to go to Duke.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Flippin an app their way too (shocker, huh A'nold) - (T2 top 5%) - I think Duke, Cornell, NU, GULC and Mich are the only schools I really have a shot at but luckily they are my top choices (not Cornell)

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:16 pm

stinger35 wrote:Flippin an app their way too (shocker, huh A'nold) - (T2 top 5%) - I think Duke, Cornell, NU, GULC and Mich are the only schools I really have a shot at but luckily they are my top choices (not Cornell)
We are meant to be together Stinger..... :shock: *eminem stan song*

I decided not to apply NU. I am just REALLY not the kind of applicant they are looking for, we have decided.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:08 pm

A'nold wrote:
stinger35 wrote:Flippin an app their way too (shocker, huh A'nold) - (T2 top 5%) - I think Duke, Cornell, NU, GULC and Mich are the only schools I really have a shot at but luckily they are my top choices (not Cornell)
We are meant to be together Stinger..... :shock: *eminem stan song*

I decided not to apply NU. I am just REALLY not the kind of applicant they are looking for, we have decided.
Work experience or....?

I have about a year of work experience but hopefully i can persuade them that its enough (also hoping that being at a school in the same city gives me the slightest bump to get in there)

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Anyone know if they have a status checker?

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:03 pm

samiseaborn wrote:Anyone know if they have a status checker?
They do, though it hasn't told me much

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:41 pm

stinger35 wrote:
samiseaborn wrote:Anyone know if they have a status checker?
They do, though it hasn't told me much
TCR. lol.

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Haha, ok. It's been a few days, so at least I know to see if my spam filter ate the email. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”