Chances at Northwestern Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
moakdaddy

New

Chances at Northwestern

Post by moakdaddy » Fri May 28, 2010 12:15 pm

I'm currently at JMLS in Chicago, have been accepted to GULC, and am shooting for Northwestern. Was t-2% in the class last semester, and I think exams went well (maybe not quite as well as last semester). I am really hoping to avoid a move to D.C. Does anyone know what kind of chance I have at NW assuming consistent performance? I heard NW values professional experience. I was in consulting for 2 years and worked for McDonald's Corp. for 1. Maybe this helps? Thanks in advance.

MusicNutMeggie

Bronze

Re: Chances at Northwestern

Post by MusicNutMeggie » Fri May 28, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm an incoming 1L at NU, so it's not like I have a lot of expertise, but check out NU's blog post on transfer students-- it just went up, and I'd give you the URL, but I'm on a work comp and can't access it. Anyway, yes, work experience is still a virtual requirement for transfers, so that'll help you. Good luck!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri May 28, 2010 2:36 pm

ITT someone posts the link. Me: :shock:

MusicNutMeggie

Bronze

Post by MusicNutMeggie » Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Here's the link:

--LinkRemoved--

You should follow them on Twitter: @nulawadmissions

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri May 28, 2010 7:26 pm

MusicNutMeggie wrote:Here's the link:

--LinkRemoved--

You should follow them on Twitter: @nulawadmissions
Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EggShellPlaintiff

New

Post by EggShellPlaintiff » Fri May 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Was anyone else surprised by how poorly written that blog post is? Whoever wrote it uses "hopefully" as an adverb, uses the word "said" instead of a normal article (the), uses "lets" when it should say let's. In the second bullet point under the tips section the writer uses a comma to separate two complete sentences. It's also riddled with unnecessary commas. Lastly, the writer uses the the phrase "that said" - yuck.

annapavlova

Bronze

Post by annapavlova » Sun May 30, 2010 3:47 pm

In the blog, this is listed as one of the application requirements:
Final Undergraduate Transcript (directly from your law school)

Errrr....? Do you they mean: your undergrad transcript for your undergrad school, or your final 1L transcript from your law school?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”