Help A'nold think clearly......... Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
A'nold

Gold

Re: Help A'nold think clearly.........

Post by A'nold » Tue May 25, 2010 9:18 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
A'nold wrote:
convicted wrote:Maybe it's time to just face up to the fact that you belong in a TTT?
Maybe, though I am sorry about your tiny pink <median grades bro.

Anyway, I was going to say something about this earlier but am not sure if I did. I also want to transfer to go to a better school for the sake of going to a better school. I know I will get crap for this but I really want to be proud graduating from my law school and not feel a twinge of embarassment when I tell people where I went. O.k., I know I just lost points with a lot of people on here, but I've always wanted to transfer and now that I have the chance I just feel weird about staying. I do like the points people have made irt staying though, so thank you all for that.
That's a legit reason. Forget what anyone says, it's your life, you're the one living it, not them. (except maybe your wife, lol, her opinion may count).
Yeah, I know I will be more personally fulfilled and feel a higher sense of accomplishment if I transfer, I just don't want to make the wrong decision for my family. Is going to an at least somewhat prestigeous school really ever a life shattering mistake? I guess it can be if someone leaves law school unemployed but the odds are against that, right? :?

convicted

New

Post by convicted » Tue May 25, 2010 9:19 pm

Last edited by convicted on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue May 25, 2010 9:28 pm

convicted wrote:
A'nold wrote:
convicted wrote:Maybe it's time to just face up to the fact that you belong in a TTT?

Anyway, I was going to say something about this earlier but am not sure if I did. I also want to transfer to go to a better school for the sake of going to a better school. I know I will get crap for this but I really want to be proud graduating from my law school and not feel a twinge of embarassment when I tell people where I went. O.k., I know I just lost points with a lot of people on here, but I've always wanted to transfer and now that I have the chance I just feel weird about staying. I do like the points people have made irt staying though, so thank you all for that.
I did just fine. Don't worry about me. I'm also in a school at a level you're struggling to transfer to.

I recommend taking a step back and assessing your elitist attitude. Nobody has wronged you. You got what you deserved. If you are "embarrassed" by your law school, that says a lot more about you than it does the law school. I know a lot of people who go to your law school and they are fully competent. Good luck owning up to your shortcomings and gaining a sense of modesty. That is the true dilemma here.
Lol. I've had to work hard to even act somewhat confident and am overly humble....way to guess that one! :roll:

Umm.....you have no idea what goes on at my school and you have no idea what I've been through in life, so it seems your assessment is somewhat lacking.

BTW: Modesty? I think you meant to use a different word. Oh yeah, and I'm SURE you go to a great school that I'd be lucky to transfer into. :roll: Good luck passing the C&F dickhead. :D

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:33 pm

convicted wrote:I know a lot of people who go to your law school and they are fully competent.
Makes no sense.

Also, A'nold, do what you want man, as Mega said it's your life and, if you feel you'll be more comfortable at a school ranked higher than yours, it is your prerogative to transfer. I don't think you should be looking outside of the top 20 though, man.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue May 25, 2010 9:35 pm

mistergoft wrote:
convicted wrote:I know a lot of people who go to your law school and they are fully competent.
Makes no sense.

Also, A'nold, do what you want man, as Mega said it's your life and, if you feel you'll be more comfortable at a school ranked higher than yours, it is your prerogative to transfer. I don't think you should be looking outside of the top 20 though, man.
According to yahoogroups, it seems that I may be somewhat of a lock for WUSTL, but you never know, so t20 in a strict sense might be possible. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:38 pm

A'nold wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
Makes no sense.

According to yahoogroups, it seems that I may be somewhat of a lock for WUSTL, but you never know, so t20 in a strict sense might be possible. :wink:
You don't think you'd have a good chance at UCLA/USC?

I hate how little information there is on transferring, I actually might make my own thread to figure out what my targets should be.

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 pm

convicted wrote:
A'nold wrote:

I did just fine. Don't worry about me. I'm also in a school at a level you're struggling to transfer to.

I recommend taking a step back and assessing your elitist attitude. Nobody has wronged you. You got what you deserved. If you are "embarrassed" by your law school, that says a lot more about you than it does the law school. I know a lot of people who go to your law school and they are fully competent. Good luck owning up to your shortcomings and gaining a sense of modesty. That is the true dilemma here.

This is what I'm talking about. Ignore this clown and do what makes you happy.

The bolded is what defeatists do. It's not owning up to your short comings, it's owning your shortcomings. Don't let them control your actions. I did horribly on the LSAT. My shortcoming? I'm probably just not that smart. But, man, the jokes on all the people who wrote me off as being an idiot because of my LSAT score. The same people who will tell you that you 'deserve to be at a TTT.' Ignore that nonsense, besides, T3s and T4s may be right for some people under the right circumstances. Just not you.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:59 pm

convicted wrote: I did just fine. Don't worry about me. I'm also in a school at a level you're struggling to transfer to.

Lol @ law school snobbery.

Man, you are a cool dood.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue May 25, 2010 10:02 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
convicted wrote:
A'nold wrote:

This is what I'm talking about. Ignore this clown and do what makes you happy.

The bolded is what defeatists do. It's not owning up to your short comings, it's owning your shortcomings. Don't let them control your actions. I did horribly on the LSAT. My shortcoming? I'm probably just not that smart. But, man, the jokes on all the people who wrote me off as being an idiot because of my LSAT score. The same people who will tell you that you 'deserve to be at a TTT.' Ignore that nonsense, besides, T3s and T4s may be right for some people under the right circumstances. Just not you.
Totally. I chose my t3 b/c of financial reasons and had actually deposited at a t1 school before deciding on my t3.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Tue May 25, 2010 10:03 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
convicted wrote: I did just fine. Don't worry about me. I'm also in a school at a level you're struggling to transfer to.

Not as cool as your avatar which looks like predator wearing a hockey goalie mask. Or maybe it's just a normal catcher's face mask and I am so unfamiliar with baseball that I have just stripped myself of any masculinity I thought I had.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Last edited by prezidentv8 on Tue May 25, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:04 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

Not as cool as your avatar which looks like predator wearing a hockey goalie mask. Or maybe it's just a normal catcher's face mask and I am so unfamiliar with baseball that I have just stripped myself of any masculinity I thought I had.
Haha yeah baseball season is bringin back some memories lately. Hence the old baseball tar.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Tue May 25, 2010 10:08 pm

I knew I smelled overused ass here!!!!! His little contribution was in reply to A'nolds June retake scenario last year.
Mr. Matlock wrote:
convicted wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:
convicted wrote:Just dropping a quick note to say I feel a huge surge of relief in learning that you are terrible at the LSAT. It makes me feel much better knowing that your career will likely be largely inconsequential.
You are officially on notice to stop being a douche. Thanks! :mrgreen:

And A'nold, good luck buddy. I didn't have the heart for a retake myself, so you're a better man than I. Follow people's advice on here and you should be golden. If you want my advice, give yourself less than 35 minutes per section on practice tests (let's say 32), but that's because my biggest problem on test day was time management.
Don't worry, I'm showing myself the door. After a moderator -- that being you -- showed me what you consider to be appropriate activity here -- that being mocking rape victims ("feeling sore?") -- I already knew my time here was complete. This party's not for me.

Adios.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! (Sorry, too easy to pass)
He just can't help coming back from time to time to show the guys and gals that asshole persona that's gotten him so far in life.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue May 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
convicted wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:
convicted wrote:Just dropping a quick note to say I feel a huge surge of relief in learning that you are terrible at the LSAT. It makes me feel much better knowing that your career will likely be largely inconsequential.
You are officially on notice to stop being a douche. Thanks! :mrgreen:

And A'nold, good luck buddy. I didn't have the heart for a retake myself, so you're a better man than I. Follow people's advice on here and you should be golden. If you want my advice, give yourself less than 35 minutes per section on practice tests (let's say 32), but that's because my biggest problem on test day was time management.
Don't worry, I'm showing myself the door. After a moderator -- that being you -- showed me what you consider to be appropriate activity here -- that being mocking rape victims ("feeling sore?") -- I already knew my time here was complete. This party's not for me.

Adios.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! (Sorry, too easy to pass)
He just can't help coming back from time to time to show the guys and gals that asshole persona that's gotten him so far in life.[/quote]

Lol! THAT'S why he hates me and SBL, I had forgotten the exact reason, haha. :)

Arrow

Bronze

Post by Arrow » Wed May 26, 2010 2:16 am

A'nold wrote:Alright, here's the situation: It is not final yet, but I will likely be in the 5-10% range at a t3. I hate my ghetto school and really, REALLY want to go somewhere less ghetto. There are t3 schools out there that are respectable, but that is not my school.

Anyway, I was hoping to go up this semester in rank and have a shot at some t14 schools but that is highly unlikely now. I am going to apply to a few reaches, I think like Berkeley, NU, already applied EA ft/pt at GULC, Vandy and ULCA. However, the odds are against me getting into any of those schools. Targets schools seem to be the WUSTL/ND/Minn/GW/Emory range. My hopes of national mobility have fallen by the wayside and I am now looking at these strong regionals.

I would prefer to live in the PNW and will be applying to UW/Hastings/Davis/Irvine but UW is very hard to get into as a transfer and Hastings and Davis are out-of-this-world expensive w/ this whole tuition increase thing.

My brief contemplation of biglaw is also very much gone, to which I am actually pretty grateful, haha, and I am once again focusing solely on prosecution. I would love to hear from people regarding the employment prospects for prosecutors coming from the schools I am looking at. I am looking for a good regional school in a not completely saturated area (no D.C., N.Y., L.A.) where one has a good shot of landing some kind of prosecutor job SOMEWHERE, i.e., in a market where the school is king and grads are sought after locally. Trying to find a school where the cliche "outside of the t14, blank school is the most respected in the entire region" applies accurately. I honestly just want a job upon graduation working for the gov. to hit up the LRAP as I have federal UG loans as well that I want to get discharged. Thanks guys.
Hey bro, keep your hopes up. Often times, schools may recognize that the different between top 1-2% and top 10% may be just a few grades apart and a few people off. Seriously though, top 10% at your school is still incredibly hard to pull off and with the uncertainty of law school grades, I think you totally busted out still. Either way, you still got the scholarships. =P

That being said, the T14 is more of a reach, but I still think you should try, and apply to any Top 20-25 schools you would be interested in. Big law is also still out there, but definitely much tougher in this economy. In a good economy, you would definitely be in range.

Also, I think being "personally fulfilled, having a "higher sense of accomplishment," and making the right decision for your family are all great reasons to transfer. You still have a chance to follow your dreams, and it might just get there in an expected way. Personal ambition, pride, a feeling of importance, and avoiding embarrassment all seemed to be "secretly" important to many of my transfer friends, and I think those are strong reasons we all are hesitant to admit. It is just human nature, so run with it. I blame evolution.

I would love to be a prosecutor as well (who doesn't want to be Harvey Dent), but from what I have heard, it is tough all around. Good luck!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed May 26, 2010 2:30 am

Arrow wrote:
A'nold wrote:Alright, here's the situation: It is not final yet, but I will likely be in the 5-10% range at a t3. I hate my ghetto school and really, REALLY want to go somewhere less ghetto. There are t3 schools out there that are respectable, but that is not my school.

Anyway, I was hoping to go up this semester in rank and have a shot at some t14 schools but that is highly unlikely now. I am going to apply to a few reaches, I think like Berkeley, NU, already applied EA ft/pt at GULC, Vandy and ULCA. However, the odds are against me getting into any of those schools. Targets schools seem to be the WUSTL/ND/Minn/GW/Emory range. My hopes of national mobility have fallen by the wayside and I am now looking at these strong regionals.

I would prefer to live in the PNW and will be applying to UW/Hastings/Davis/Irvine but UW is very hard to get into as a transfer and Hastings and Davis are out-of-this-world expensive w/ this whole tuition increase thing.

My brief contemplation of biglaw is also very much gone, to which I am actually pretty grateful, haha, and I am once again focusing solely on prosecution. I would love to hear from people regarding the employment prospects for prosecutors coming from the schools I am looking at. I am looking for a good regional school in a not completely saturated area (no D.C., N.Y., L.A.) where one has a good shot of landing some kind of prosecutor job SOMEWHERE, i.e., in a market where the school is king and grads are sought after locally. Trying to find a school where the cliche "outside of the t14, blank school is the most respected in the entire region" applies accurately. I honestly just want a job upon graduation working for the gov. to hit up the LRAP as I have federal UG loans as well that I want to get discharged. Thanks guys.
Hey bro, keep your hopes up. Often times, schools may recognize that the different between top 1-2% and top 10% may be just a few grades apart and a few people off. Seriously though, top 10% at your school is still incredibly hard to pull off and with the uncertainty of law school grades, I think you totally busted out still. Either way, you still got the scholarships. =P

That being said, the T14 is more of a reach, but I still think you should try, and apply to any Top 20-25 schools you would be interested in. Big law is also still out there, but definitely much tougher in this economy. In a good economy, you would definitely be in range.

Also, I think being "personally fulfilled, having a "higher sense of accomplishment," and making the right decision for your family are all great reasons to transfer. You still have a chance to follow your dreams, and it might just get there in an expected way. Personal ambition, pride, a feeling of importance, and avoiding embarrassment all seemed to be "secretly" important to many of my transfer friends, and I think those are strong reasons we all are hesitant to admit. It is just human nature, so run with it. I blame evolution.

I would love to be a prosecutor as well (who doesn't want to be Harvey Dent), but from what I have heard, it is tough all around. Good luck!
Thanks arrow, this just made my night, seriously. No other poster on this site had more to do with my 1L success than you and I am forever in your debt. Thanks for the encouragement and for making me feel better about my reasons for transferring. :)

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:19 am

convicted wrote:
A'nold wrote:

http://jokersmilez.files.wordpress.com/ ... _troll.jpg

Seriously, your post history reveals that you are harassing A'nold. Stop Trolling!

Moving on, A'nold, If you feel that bad about your school, transferring may be the right option. Try for UW, and look into the other PNW regionals (Seattle U, Oregon etc.). However, if you want to be a prosecutor in the PNW, I would be wary of moving away from the PNW to a law school elsewhere in the country. Your high grades in your T3 will carry you far in the PNW (assuming your school is in the PNW). Keep in mind that prestige isn't everything (especially for prosecutorial work). Region is really important here.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

convicted

New

Post by convicted » Wed May 26, 2010 6:21 am

Last edited by convicted on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:21 am

convicted wrote:It's true. I can't help but gloat a bit when I see a scumbag fail. I am guilty of this. I haven't been around since school started, but since I was lucky enough (notice that word: lucky) to have landed at the top of my class, I am going to try to transfer as well, so I'm back again to maybe learn something! Although I doubt I'll be posting much.

Don't make the mistake of ignoring the substance of my argument based on a character attack. That kind of reasoning illustrates why you're in a TTT. My advice is grounded in reality. We all worked real hard for the LSAT, and we all worked real hard on our law school applications. We also worked real hard this first year. Now, we are where we are. We should have no illusions of grandeur about what we "deserve." We deserve whatever it is that we got and no more. Not everyone is equally capable. To whine about how some professor wronged us from our rightful spot in a top school is illustrative of the type of immature attitude that landed you in a TTT to begin with. Sure, apply to transfer to tons of schools, and be happy with the best one you get in. But that's all you deserve. Whining about the injustice of the whole thing is silly and pathetic.

Best of luck with your transfer applications, but more than anything, best of luck with your attitude. After transfer season is over, I doubt I'll ever read this site again. In other words, I don't have to live with you. Only you have to live with you, so you better work on your sense of entitlement, unless you plan on being the perpetual victim. At the very least, try to not let your poor attitude show through in job interviews.
Does not compute.

BobSacamano

Bronze

Post by BobSacamano » Wed May 26, 2010 7:25 am

I'm fairly certain convicted is not a real person. At least I hope for the sake of my future profession and for anyone in his class. Man it's annoying arguing with someone who's just making stuff up.

edit: Oh, a cursory glance at his post history indicates that he follows A'nold around for some reason.

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Wed May 26, 2010 7:56 am

TBF the reason TTTs are TTTs is because TTT people go there. Its not like the books that YHS use are secret books which no TTTs can get their hands on, or that the teachers there aren't qualified to teach law, or something else magical.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 am

convicted wrote:It's true. I can't help but gloat a bit when I see a scumbag fail. I am guilty of this. I haven't been around since school started, but since I was lucky enough (notice that word: lucky) to have landed at the top of my class, I am going to try to transfer as well, so I'm back again to maybe learn something! Although I doubt I'll be posting much.

Don't make the mistake of ignoring the substance of my argument based on a character attack. That kind of reasoning illustrates why you're in a TTT. My advice is grounded in reality. We all worked real hard for the LSAT, and we all worked real hard on our law school applications. We also worked real hard this first year. Now, we are where we are. We should have no illusions of grandeur about what we "deserve." We deserve whatever it is that we got and no more. Not everyone is equally capable. To whine about how some professor wronged us from our rightful spot in a top school is illustrative of the type of immature attitude that landed you in a TTT to begin with. Sure, apply to transfer to tons of schools, and be happy with the best one you get in. But that's all you deserve. Whining about the injustice of the whole thing is silly and pathetic.

Best of luck with your transfer applications, but more than anything, best of luck with your attitude. After transfer season is over, I doubt I'll ever read this site again. In other words, I don't have to live with you. Only you have to live with you, so you better work on your sense of entitlement, unless you plan on being the perpetual victim. At the very least, try to not let your poor attitude show through in job interviews.
go to bed homie

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Hey A'nold,

You need to transfer. You want to, it seems your family is with you in this and you aren't going to be happy staying where you are. You WILL get in somewhere, and I, personally, still think GULC is your best option. If you want, feel free to send me any of your personal statements, and I'm more than willing to look them over and help you out. Of anyone on these forums, I'm pulling hardest for you because your zeal and passion to go to a top law school is unmatched.

And no, I do not think it is at all unreasonable to want to go to a "good school" for the sake of going to a good school. I do think doing it just for the sake of prestige-whoring is bad, but I know you want it for more than that, so I'm not worried.

I'm still pretty convinced we'll be getting lunch on Mondays at GULC next year, as we've discussed previously.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed May 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Does anyone feel like convicted is not writing this to me and has some kind of pent up inferiority complex? When have I ever acted like I have a sense of entitlement? Also, how can I be "the essence of a ttt student" when I am at the top of my class and it was the lowest ranked school I was accepted to and chose it for financial reasons for the betterment of my family?

Sorry you are bitter b/c I can sit down without wincing. :lol:

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed May 26, 2010 3:19 pm

A'nold wrote:

Does anyone feel like convicted is not writing this to me and has some kind of pent up inferiority complex? When have I ever acted like I have a sense of entitlement? Also, how can I be "the essence of a ttt student" when I am at the top of my class and it was the lowest ranked school I was accepted to and chose it for financial reasons for the betterment of my family?

Sorry you are bitter b/c I can sit down without wincing. :lol:
:lol: No need to even respond to the creature!! That is one fucked up individual there!! :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”