Transferapps database Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
upgrade

Bronze

Transferapps database

Post by upgrade » Sat May 22, 2010 2:36 pm

I don't have much time to update this for this year's cycle because I am still studying for finals, but I think the standardized data entry and presentation is much better here than what is available at the yahoogroup. The entries are also editable.

--LinkRemoved--

Filter data at the top and enter data at the bottom. I modified the structure a bit so that it can be used for the 2010 cycle as well. My goal was to have something like this replace the transferapps database. DabbleDB is good, but I couldn't figure out how to get things setup the way I wanted to, so I just left it like it is. They may have added new features in the last year that would make it easier to work with if someone is interested in picking this up.

I also created a separate database for notification methods and timing here:
--LinkRemoved--
(Filter this page for 2010 cycle by just putting 2010 in the Decision Date field at top)

A'nold

Gold

Re: Transferapps database

Post by A'nold » Sat May 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Wait, can you explain this? Is this your own website and did you create it last year or something? Already looks a billion times more user friendly than transferapps.

upgrade

Bronze

Post by upgrade » Sat May 22, 2010 2:46 pm

A'nold wrote:Wait, can you explain this? Is this your own website and did you create it last year or something? Already looks a billion times more user friendly than transferapps.
DabbleDB is just a database platform for online databases. I put together the database structure and the forms for entering and viewing the data last year.

You can filter the data at the top of each page and you can enter new records at the bottom of the page. If you have specific questions, let me know.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 pm

You might have already answered this, but are you going to add any of the old yahoo cycles on here?

Edit: I'll be the first to say that I'd donate like $10 to such an endeavor. If like 30 transfer hopefuls did that, well........it probs still wouldn't be worth it lol.

upgrade

Bronze

Post by upgrade » Sat May 22, 2010 2:53 pm

I'm not going to enter the old data, but feel free to do so if you are so inclined. I entered a lot of the 2009 data manually for testing purposes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”