transferring, temple, part-time, write-on Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nahgems

Bronze

transferring, temple, part-time, write-on

Post by nahgems » Thu May 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Personal circumstances might require me to relocate to Philly. I had planned to stay at my T4 (where I am in the part-time program w/ $$$), but something came up. After first semester my rank was around 6% (w/ two CALIs). The only part-time program in Philly is Temple. I like Temple and would be happy there. I've searched the archives, and lots of people have discussed transferring OUT of Temple (mostly to U Penn). But there hasn't been much discussion about transferring IN.

1. Temple admitted 9 transfers last year. Do I have a shot? I know T4 schools don't get much respect, and I'm not in the top 1-2%. If it matters (which it doesn't seem to), I probably would have gotten in there if I had applied originally (LSAT at median, GPA above 75th percentile).

2. Temple's write-on comp is over. I can't find anything about a separate write on for transfers. Is there one? Or did I already miss any chance of getting on law review?

3. I also can't find anything about law review for part time students (at my current school part-time students are eligible in 3L/4L so no one in the PT program is eligble as a 2L). If it works that way at other PT schools, I assume this works in my favor as a potential PT transfer. Anyone have any idea how law review works at Temple for PT students?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

A'nold

Gold

Re: transferring, temple, part-time, write-on

Post by A'nold » Thu May 20, 2010 8:02 pm

That would be a real shame to give up your top 6% rank but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck!

nahgems

Bronze

Post by nahgems » Fri May 21, 2010 11:09 am

A'nold wrote:That would be a real shame to give up your top 6% rank but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck!
Thanks. I'm actually bummed about leaving. I've had a great experience as a 1L and will be sad to transfer (although I'm sure that I will have a great experience where ever I end up). But I'll be even more bummed if I have lost all hope of law review. I wish there were more info available online, but I've scoured the Temple website and can't find anything about PT students and law-review (other than a statement that says they participate).

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:12 am

nahgems wrote:
A'nold wrote:That would be a real shame to give up your top 6% rank but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck!
Thanks. I'm actually bummed about leaving. I've had a great experience as a 1L and will be sad to transfer (although I'm sure that I will have a great experience where ever I end up). But I'll be even more bummed if I have lost all hope of law review. I wish there were more info available online, but I've scoured the Temple website and can't find anything about PT students and law-review (other than a statement that says they participate).
Call them. The admissions office should know/be able to find out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”