Official University of Chicago Transfer Class 2012 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Hamilton

New

Re: Official University of Chicago Transfer Class 2012

Post by Hamilton » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Anyone live at/ know about the Amli 900 apartments in south loop? Went there today to tour with my wife and my leasing agent said they have a bunch of UofC law students there. Thoughts on the place?

OscarTheBear

New

Post by OscarTheBear » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Amli 900 is nice, especially if you do not smoke (no smoking allowed on premises). It is much much much nicer than anything you can find in Hyde Park and has easy access to Hyde park (via #2 bus, Red Line, or if you drive, on Lake Shore Drive off of roosevelt road).

rynabrius

Bronze

Post by rynabrius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:14 pm

I recently submitted my clinic preferences.

Does anybody have a sense of what the odds are of getting the clinic you want?

upgrade

Bronze

Post by upgrade » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:53 pm

OscarTheBear wrote:Amli 900 is nice, especially if you do not smoke (no smoking allowed on premises). It is much much much nicer than anything you can find in Hyde Park and has easy access to Hyde park (via #2 bus, Red Line, or if you drive, on Lake Shore Drive off of roosevelt road).
The bus is an option, but the Red Line is probably not a convenient option for a daily trip to campus for class. You will want to check the 2 schedule to make sure it runs when you want it to. I know people are always leaving seminars early to catch the last bus of the day ~6pm.

buxfactor

New

Post by buxfactor » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Do any U of C 3L's here or former transfer students have any suggestions on course selection at Chicago?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

upgrade

Bronze

Post by upgrade » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:54 pm

I am sure people will give suggestions if you describe your interests.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:56 pm

buxfactor wrote:Do any U of C 3L's here or former transfer students have any suggestions on course selection at Chicago?
If you want to clerk, make sure you take one of Stone's lectures *and* his Constitutional Decisionmaking seminar, if you do well in the lecture class. He won't write you a letter unless you're in the seminar.
Take everything you can with Baird.
Be warned that Leiter's exams are retarded, and that it seems people get the exact opposite grades in his class as they get in everything else.
Don't take Trial Advocacy or Pre-Trial advocacy, if you can avoid it. Terrible classes and impossible to distinguish yourself to get a good grade.
Admin law with Masur is tough but rewarding.

Edit: Obligatory addition: Take the corporate practicum class with Zarfes. PM me if you havee any questions about that in particular - I think it's a very rewarding experience, though others disagree.

rynabrius

Bronze

Post by rynabrius » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm happy with how the lottery went. Business Orgs, Econ Analysis & The Law, Legal Scholarship, and Admin Law. Thanks for the tips ToTransferorNot.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”