Consequences of applying to transfer and striking out Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Danteshek

Gold

Re: Consequences of applying to transfer and striking out

Post by Danteshek » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:22 am

A'nold wrote:I have a crap ton of debt (mostly due to UG-paid for it all myself). I will have 100k more if I transfer........if I stay, even though I am at the top of my class I have a very low chance of getting a firm job making 100k. If I go, I will likely still have a small chance at a good firm job. The gov. isn't really hiring in my state right now or many other nearby states for that matter.

I think I need to transfer and just take the surer thing as far as risks go.
I think you'll do fine if you stay and move to a bigger market when you're done. Great grades and swag will take you far.
Last edited by Danteshek on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:42 am

Danteshek wrote:
A'nold wrote:I have a crap ton of debt (mostly due to UG-paid for it all myself). I will have 100k more if I transfer........if I stay, even though I am at the top of my class I have a very low chance of getting a firm job making 100k. If I go, I will likely still have a small chance at a good firm job. The gov. isn't really hiring in my state right now or many other nearby states for that matter.

I think I need to transfer and just take the surer thing as far as risks go.
I think you'll do fine if you stay and move to a bigger market when you're done. Great grades and swag will take you far.
What's swag? LR? If only I knew if I could get a decent job from this school, I might consider staying. I know there are a few lucky students each year that snag a federal clerkship, but they are very rare. OCI is basically non-existent. I wonder if top of class with LR could move to a few other medium sized cities in the area......probs not.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:49 am

I'm talking about the confidence to compete with the best... Who cares what school you go to? Top students are competitive. Trouble is many of them have an inferiority complex because of their school. I think you can accomplish pretty much anything you put your mind to if you are agressive enough.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:26 am

Danteshek wrote:I'm talking about the confidence to compete with the best... Who cares what school you go to? Top students are competitive. Trouble is many of them have an inferiority complex because of their school. I think you can accomplish pretty much anything you put your mind to if you are agressive enough.
Yeah, the problem is that I am far from a type A personality. I am very friendly and outgoing but I don't ever put myself out there and am very (as everyone always tells me) probably too humble. I have a hard time talking myself up. I'd rather prove myself at exam time and have my degree speak for itself. Unfortunately for me, as a transfer I believe a top degree speaks less. :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”