Transferring into the t14, OCI, career prospects.. [UPDATED]

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
A'nold

Re: Transferring into the t14, OCI, career prospects, etc.

Postby A'nold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:27 am

stinger35 wrote:
A'nold wrote:Sorry guys but you've just gotta give us potential transfers more to go on, please for the sake of our futures *cue dramatic music*. That is such a huge gaping difference in experiences. One school = 22 callbacks w/ multiple offers and another = 6 w/ no offer.

Can't you at least tell us what schools (to the new transfer contributor above) you thought seemed to make it difficult for transfers?

I have to agree somewhat. While I certainly appreciate the advice (a ton), and I completely understand the need for anonymity (for all of the reasons listed, and others), it would help so much to know what school you guys attend. I mean, is there somone really trying to figure out who each of you are at each school? Still, I understand the apprehension and am thankful for any advice I get. The extreme divide between the advice though is hard to reconcile.[/quote]

Yeah, this is the hard part for us. It's like telling someone that at the end of a rainbow is either a pot of gold or a lion's mouth, but not telling us which one is which. :)

apper123

Postby apper123 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 am

Here's to hoping the anonymous poster feature is implemented on this board soon so the posters above can give us more details!

stinger35

Postby stinger35 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:20 am

apper123 wrote:Here's to hoping the anonymous poster feature is implemented on this board soon so the posters above can give us more details!

There ya go. A simple solution that completely went over my head.

stinger35

Postby stinger35 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 am

A'nold wrote:
stinger35 wrote:
A'nold wrote:Sorry guys but you've just gotta give us potential transfers more to go on, please for the sake of our futures *cue dramatic music*. That is such a huge gaping difference in experiences. One school = 22 callbacks w/ multiple offers and another = 6 w/ no offer.

Can't you at least tell us what schools (to the new transfer contributor above) you thought seemed to make it difficult for transfers?

I have to agree somewhat. While I certainly appreciate the advice (a ton), and I completely understand the need for anonymity (for all of the reasons listed, and others), it would help so much to know what school you guys attend. I mean, is there somone really trying to figure out who each of you are at each school? Still, I understand the apprehension and am thankful for any advice I get. The extreme divide between the advice though is hard to reconcile.[/quote]

Yeah, this is the hard part for us. It's like telling someone that at the end of a rainbow is either a pot of gold or a lion's mouth, but not telling us which one is which. :)

So true. Like I said, I am very grateful for the advice as it is and am certainly not going to judge anyone for not wanting to out themselves. I just wish there was a way to be like HEY - went to school A and it worked out, I went to school B and it didnt.

That being said, as a PT student, my options will likely be limited anyways and will have to go wherever I get in anyways (even being # 1 in my class).

Anyone else feel more pressure than ever to get good grades? I have almost anxiety attacks worrying that I am not doing what I did last semester/studying less/the classes are harder/the exams will be easier and everyone else will catch up/etc. etc. etc. and that I will absolutely screw myself. Probably just being a fuckin freak