Transferring within/above MVPB?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Transferring within/above MVPB?

Postby TigerBeer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 pm

What kind of GPA does it take to transfer within MVPB? I realize it's probably not a great decision career-wise, but I have some family circumstances that might make this necessary for me. On transferapps I saw a person who went from UVA to UPenn with a 3.2 GPA, but I'm not sure how typical of a case that is since 3.2 is below median at UVA.

And for kicks, what about getting to YHS or CCN? Top 10% for H?

Re: Transferring within/above MVPB?

Postby MarkTwain » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:48 pm

Based on the people I know who applied, I'd say a little higher than top 10% for HYS. For YS at least, the numbers seem to predict very little.

Return to “Transfers”