Predict my future!!! Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
willnumber85

New

Predict my future!!!

Post by willnumber85 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:37 am

Last edited by willnumber85 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Gold

Re: Predict my future!!!

Post by patrickd139 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:50 pm

First off, congrats on doing very well your first semester. Keep your chin up, bump your GPA/rank and everything below changes.\

Anecdotally, in at numbers 3-7 on your list. You've got a shot at GULC EA, so if you want T14, you should take advantage of that program. Texas is notoriously stingy with its transfer applicants, no matter in which state they have residency. You have to have a very compelling reason to transfer, plus stats that would have most likely gotten you admitted in the first place.

Next question: which region do you want to live in?

willnumber85

New

Post by willnumber85 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:38 am

Last edited by willnumber85 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 am

If you want the mountain west, and money is no obstacle, then I'd apply everywhere you can in the T14 plus UCLA, USC, UC Boulder, and The U. Those are probably going to give you the best shot at landing the region, though you're going to need to work on your "I really do want to live and work here" schtick. That'll be important to convince employers you're not just spamming yourself out for the highest paying job you can find.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”